How busy is Kona Cafe

Mikamarii

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

We have a cruise and non park visit coming up in a few weeks (well we have MNSSHP tickets so not totally true).

Anyway, each trip we’ve done I’ve always said “this trip I’ll finally get Tonga toast”. Yet I’ve never done it

This year it’s going to happen!!! (I hope). We’re staying at beach club this time (another first) not the poly. My question is do I need a breakfast ressie? I went online and only thing they have is 1040.

Was hoping to get there around 9 and wait for a table but with the lack of reservation options I’m worried now about a lengthy wait.

Thoughts?

You can get Tonga Toast at the quick service at Captain Cook's if you don't make it into Kona Cafe - but it doesn't come with the strawberry compote.

If you prefer Kona Cafe and you're headed to Captain Cooks for Tonga toast anyway, you might as well check at the Kona Cafe cashier/counter for wait times.
I remember calling dining reservations from Magic Kingdom early one morning just to see if they might be able to squeeze in a table for two in the next couple of hours at Kona Cafe for breakfast and they said no, all booked. We headed over anyway, thinking nothing to lose, and were seated in about five minutes. Might be worth a try for you, too.
Wherever you go, sure hope you have a magical time, Mikarii!

:goodvibes

Thanks Dizzytime. That is what we are planning. I'm not necessarily set on Kona Café just the Tonga toast! I figure we'll stop by and see the wait list is. If it's too long and the little ones are hangry we will slide over to Cpt Cooks. If it's reasonable we will wait for a table!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter