How closely do you work with your DJ?

Puer Aeternus

Oswald Fanboy
Hello everyone,

I have a question as I begin this process of planning my Disney wedding. I apologize if it sounds disorganized/ranty in advance. So my fiancé and I are currently waiting to hear back from Disney with confirmation if we’ve got our requested location, day and time and that might be contributing to my anxiety. As we wait I’ve been trying to work on the other things I do have some control over and my focus has been on music for the day. Music is very big part of my life (dancer here :) ) and I was wondering (for those who have used a Disney DJ) how closely do you get to work with your DJs in selecting music. I keep giving thought to genres and when music should be played (during dinner, during reception, during cocktail hour) and wondering is that something I get to work out with the DJ. Further, I have a somewhat eclectic playlist that I want played for the diverse crowd our wedding is going to bring in. Is there a Disney DJ that someone has worked with that would be able to work with my concerns? Is is a bit too much and I should maybe be looking for an outside DJ?
Any help and guidance would be deeply appreciated. It’ll help abate my current anxieties...but I’m sure new ones will pop up in the coming months. :)

Solomon

You can work as closely as you like with your DJ. In fact, some couples will get in contact with the approved Disney DJ of their choice before they book and let that person know the date they are interested in so s/he can pencil it in. Check out this interview with one of Disney's approved DJs, who talks about how he works with couples to tailor their events: https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/vendor-spotlight-dj-jw-jaeger/

As always, @lurkyloo, Thankyou so much! I just downloaded the episode and will listen to it at work. Is there a list of DJs anywhere or reviews from other couples that I can look at. I’d love to go through possible DJs and reach out to those I’m interested in. I can explain why this is important for me. I’m planning on having my reception at the Atlantic Dancehall and I want to set a mood fro my guests not only with some select jazz standards but also with electroswing (a more fast paced electronic version of jazz age music and a genre of music most people aren’t even familiar with). I also want a DJ who can read the room and can mix in some disco and country (as I know both of those generes will be big hits with our guests).

Solomon

Here's the list of Disney-approved DJs I have—note that DJ Charles Miles has retired, but DJ JW Jaeger is his protégé.

Disney%20DJ%20List_zpsige4wjev.jpg

@lurkyloo Thankyou so much for this! I'm going to check out all of these DJ's pages and maybe reach out to few with some of the questions mentioned in your podcast!

Solomon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!