How cold will it be?

nicola

<font color=deeppink>Tinkerbell<br><font color=gre
Going to be at DLP Nov 26- Dec.2. I have read other threads stating that the winter months can be very cold. Just wondering can anyone tell me how cold it might be when we will be there?

We were there last year from 11th - 15th December and I can honestly never remember being so cold in my life even with thermal underwear!! I think it's just being outside for hours on end whereas normally in December you're indoors a lot of the time. We're going at the beginning of November this year. :banana:

Diane, Is that 11-15th of Nov or Dec? Are we talking sub zero temperatures?

Nicola in Feb 04 it was around 0 degrees. Wrap up well, it was blooming cold!!

I've been there when the Skull Rock waterfall was frozen solid - that was at the end of November!! :cold: Thermals, warm hats and lots of stops for hot chocolate helped us cope. Actually, we loved it!!!

You've certainly picked the best hotel to stay in, if the colds a big concern.

OMG, Karen that is cold!!! I have lived most of my life in Canada and am well used to temperatures of -20 or colder but as Diane said we were not spending the majority of our day outdoors. Also DH, DD 2, DS 6 are definitely NOT used to those kinds of temperatures. Anyone know a good place to buy thermal underwear for kids and adults alike? I have snowsuits/skisuits for the kids. Do you think these would be suitable? Becky you're right I am SOOOOO glad we decided to spash out on DLH as we will probably only afford it the once and I think we have picked the best time.

nicola said:
Diane, Is that 11-15th of Nov or Dec? Are we talking sub zero temperatures?
Sorry I meant December. The water at the edges of Lake Disney was frozen so it must have been zero degrees. Try Damart!!! ;)

Nicola,

We went Nov 29th - Dec 2nd last year and it wasn't that cold at all. Packed thermals but didn't need them. Obviously evenings were colder but still not unbearably so. Pack extra layers just in case.

Joanne

Hi Nicola,

We went this year from February 27th to March 2nd this year, and it never got above -2. :cold: The waterfalls were frozen, infact everything was frozen. :cold: :cold:
However it was beautiful, and we spent time doing things we wouldn't normally do - like cinemagique, which was a really pleasant surprise.
Another top tip, Pirates was amazingly warm, when we really couldn't take the cold anymore we would go back there to warm up. :cloud9:

We went in mid-November and it was cold but not unbearably so. Luckily the sun was shining most of the time so I think that made a big difference. It does get cold in the evening and a fog/mist comes in about 6pm which makes it feel colder as everything feels damp.

Thanks everyone once again for your much valued advice. The general consensus is that it will be cold. Your replies varied somewhat in severity of that cold but I will be prepared for the worst. One thing though with DD being so young it has made me feel better about our decision to go the extra and stay at DLH as it means we can quite easily get a reprieve from the cold as well as allowing DD to take an afternoon nap when needed without having to walk far at all. I am sooo excited about going for Christmas season. We have only ever been to the park in spring and so have never seen it in the dark. The pictures of the park at night including fantillusion look beautiful so I am really looking forward to seeing the park all lit up as well as all the Christmas decorations. Another first for us on this trip will be seeing a bit of Paris. Oh the next 4 months can't go quickly enough for me :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc If anyone wants to indulge me and write more about the Christmas season I will never get bored of reading it. Oh come on..please....

We've been twice in Christmas season including our honeymoon 19 months ago - it is cold but the park is so wonderful at that time of year - we are toying with doing Christmas there this year. Disney Village is a hive of fun and activity in the evenings thanks to the Bavarian Market which is a load of huts selling arts, crafts, foods and drinks. We bnrought a few nice gifts home as well as spending many an evening wondering around looking at what was on offer.

In Fantastyland they have Belle's Village which is similar to the Bavarian Village but selling Disney gifts and obviously in the style of Belle's Village from Beauty and the Beast. They also seel hot soup which can be a nice warmer-upper during the day!

The shows are great fun with Mickey's Winter Wonderland in the Chaparral Theatre in Fronteriland (where they stage The Tarzan Encounter the rest of the year) the best of the pick featuring Mickey and friends, and even an appearence from The Country Bears! Le Noel De Mickey is in the Fantasy Festival Stage theatre in Fantasyland and is another enchanting Mickey and Minnie show with the expected amounts of Disney humour. The parades are great too, with the added Christmas Tree Lights ceremoney every evening led by Father Christmas - there are even carols sung every night.

It really is an enchanting time of year to go and you'll forget about the cold weather once you become overwhelmed with all the great Christmas celebrations. Plus, there are lots of great Disneyland Resort Paris jumpers to keep you warm!

You'll have a great time - then come back here and tell us all about it :cool1:

Thanks for that Steve. I really enjoyed reading it!!! I will most definitely being doing a trip report. Anyone else want to share?

I didn't see Le Noel de Mickey mentioned in the brochure this year - presumed they had cancelled it?

At about 6pm ish now there is the Enchanted Fairytale Ceremony where all the Princesses and their Princes dance near the castle. Tinkerbell lights up the Castle and it is all breathtakingly spectacular and beautiful. I think that the tree is lit up during this now but can't remember for sure.

If you love Christmas and the sound of a Christmas tune or Carol makes you feel good then I can't think of a better place to go at this time of year.

We have been there the last two years over christmas and last year the days before christmas were really cold...almost -6°C but sunny. The first time we did at the par was to buy a scarf :-)

Greets Renate :wizard:

Does anyone know at what time it gets dark at end of Nov in DLP?

I would say 4.30 - 5pm it starts getting dark. Wasn't dark during the Christmas Parade which is at 4pm but was for Enchanted Fairytale Ceremony which starts at 5.45pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter