How Crowded is it the week after Easter? Thinking of going Thursday, April 25th, 2019

jerseygal

DIS Veteran
We never travel during busy holiday times/summer/spring breaks as we don't need to any more; don't have grade school/high school schedules to navigate any more. Our soon to be DIL, is a guidance counselor in the public schools and we would like to take our DS and DIL to Disney for a long weekend starting Thursday, April 25th through Monday, April 29th. They would join us for 3 nights, return on Sunday, we would stay till Monday. Easter in 2019 is SUNDAY, APRIL 21ST, YES, seems very late. I have read many stories about about how crowded Easter week/Christmas is, certainly not ideal for us, but thought it would be fun to do with them andwould like some opinions/feedback. THANKS in advance!!:)

We usually go the last week in April as well (NH school vacation). My understanding is that many school districts plan their spring break for the week following Easter which is a big factor in the crowds. With Easter being so late I'm wondering whether schools will still have their spring break that week.

You have a great point, Easter is SO LATE in '19, perhaps some districts might have the break the week before Easter going into Good Friday and Easter weekend.:confused: Some districts calendars are not finalized or released yet for '18-"19

FWIW, our school calendar was just released. Our break has always coincided with Easter, next year, our break will be the last week in March.

It is interesting how the calendars differ!:scratchin I think that school calendars are largely around the Superintendents travel schedule and anyone else on the School Board that has "influence" into the decision making process of vacation schedules. ::yes:: My sister was on her school board years ago, she said there was always much "debate";) as to when the vacation schedules, days off would be each year.:bitelip:

I live in Maine, and I can tell you that in Maine and Massachusetts, Spring break is always the week of Patriots day. April 15 2019 is Patriots day, so that is when our Spring break will be. But that is just for those two states. Not a big factor obviously.

To answer your original question..it’s VERY crowded. We were there this past Easter...our 1st holiday trip. Probably will never do that again. However, it is doable and still fun but you must have a plan and be flexible. That said, there’s a good chance that a lot of the country will have their sping breaks prior to that week due to the late Easter.

To answer your original question..it’s VERY crowded. We were there this past Easter...our 1st holiday trip. Probably will never do that again. However, it is doable and still fun but you must have a plan and be flexible. That said, there’s a good chance that a lot of the country will have their sping breaks prior to that week due to the late Easter.
Thanks for your reply!:goodvibes UUGH.. doesn't sound fun.:scared1:. Think we are "spoiled" as we try to vacation now avoiding summer, school holidays, holiday breaks, and holidays. Going to F&W this October, we will see how crowded that is. We purposely avoid Epcot on Friday and Saturday, just because we really don't like fighting the crowds anymore. Did that enough when the kids were heavily involved in sports while growing up. We never took them out of school, so we were limited to when sport commitments/camps were done mid August. We certainly had great vacas, but usually very hot and more crowded than our vacations are now.:eek: I think if we do anything, we will instead opt for Vero or MAYBE Hilton Head during that time of year. Even Hilton Head gets crowded during spring break in April with restaurants being so crowded. If we want to travel with our son and daughter in law to be, since she is an administrator in the public schools, we are limited.

We're going that week, also - Long Island schools have that week off due to Passover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter