how difficult are these to get ADRs for???

sapphirerose915

DIS Veteran
I havent posted in soooooo long.... just started planning my trip in May 2020 for my sons 4th bday- was last there in Dec '18
so we want to try a few new places, and ADR date is coming up soon!!!
Just wondering if any of these places are crazy difficult to get ressies for or if there are any you would nix.

character meals are a must for the kiddo and my husbands only request was Ohana dinner- he loves it there!!
so on our list is:
Trex- for the birthday dinner- using a Landrys card ((how scary is this place???)) my kiddo is dino obsessed
Sci-fi
Storybook Dining
Tusker House breakfast
Homecomin
Crystal Palace Breakfast
Ohana Dinner

Thanks all so much in advance :)

Trex- for the birthday dinner- using a Landrys card ((how scary is this place???)) my kiddo is dino obsessed - EASY. Only thing really scary is the food. But fun for kids.
Sci-fi - VERY HARD - People have trouble getting this one at 180+7 some times.
Storybook Dining - VERY HARD - People have trouble getting this one at 180+7 some times.
Tusker House breakfast - NOT HARD - Shouldn't be an issue at 180 days(or later)
Homecomin - DONT KNOW
Crystal Palace Breakfast - NOT HARD - Shouldn't be an issue at 180 days(or later)
Ohana Dinner - HARD - But not too much of an issue if you strike right at 180 days.

If you want some character meals and you have the Landry card for TREX, then I'd keep them all. Sci Fi, Storybook, Homecomin' dinner and Ohana are all hard to get the longer you wait. If you make your reservations on your specific day, you shouldn't have any issues. Happy Planning!!!

I'm not experienced with all of those, but regardless--if you can't find it the first time, keep checking! I was just able to get an ADR I wanted today because I check multiple times a day, every day. Also go to touring plans and register for their reservation finder!

If you can't get one of these, use the reservation finder on a site like Touring Plans to do the work for you. You can put a place and time and it will keep searching for an opening for you and then text/email you that the opening is available. People cancel all the time. I've been able to find everything I've looked for, even very close to our trip dates (even places like CA Grill for fireworks times). YMMV.

I used touring plans reservation finder last year and it was a lifesaver after I couldn't get fastpasses at preferred times.. thanks for reminding me!!!!

Trex- for the birthday dinner- using a Landrys card ((how scary is this place???)) my kiddo is dino obsessed EASY. Only thing really scary is the food. But fun for kids.

Well said, skip the place as there is WAY better to eat in WDW, below average cafeteria food in a extremely loud atmosphere, think of is as Planet Hollywood with dinosaurs...... :sick:

Well said, skip the place as there is WAY better to eat in WDW, below average cafeteria food in a extremely loud atmosphere, think of is as Planet Hollywood with dinosaurs...... :sick:
I am soooo with you.. but it's my dino loving sons 4th bday dinner and our arrival evening. I figure we get it out of the way and only go up from there!!!

I've been able to find everything I've looked for, even very close to our trip dates (even places like CA Grill for fireworks times). YMMV.

You’re actually more likely to get hits the closer you get to your trip dates. People’s plans don’t tend to firm up until the very last minute. 48 hours is usually the sweet spot because that’s when you get people canceling to avoid the fee.

Trex- for the birthday dinner- using a Landrys card ((how scary is this place???)) my kiddo is dino obsessed - EASY. Only thing really scary is the food. But fun for kids.
Sci-fi - VERY HARD - People have trouble getting this one at 180+7 some times.
Storybook Dining - VERY HARD - People have trouble getting this one at 180+7 some times.
Tusker House breakfast - NOT HARD - Shouldn't be an issue at 180 days(or later)
Homecomin - DONT KNOW
Crystal Palace Breakfast - NOT HARD - Shouldn't be an issue at 180 days(or later)
Ohana Dinner - HARD - But not too much of an issue if you strike right at 180 days.

I think this is in the right direction but perhaps a little pessimistic - perhaps it depends what time of year you go?

We go in August for two weeks and although some restaurants are challenging at 180 + 3/4 to get a decent dinner time it always seems possible to get the time I want even at the most popular restaurants further out that that. Same goes for fast passes actually. I think the number of people staying longer than 4 days must really trail off.

I havent posted in soooooo long.... just started planning my trip in May 2020 for my sons 4th bday- was last there in Dec '18
so we want to try a few new places, and ADR date is coming up soon!!!
Just wondering if any of these places are crazy difficult to get ressies for or if there are any you would nix.

character meals are a must for the kiddo and my husbands only request was Ohana dinner- he loves it there!!
so on our list is:
Trex- for the birthday dinner- using a Landrys card ((how scary is this place???)) my kiddo is dino obsessed
Sci-fi
Storybook Dining
Tusker House breakfast
Homecomin
Crystal Palace Breakfast
Ohana Dinner

Thanks all so much in advance :)

I don't want to get your hopes up, but I made my ADRs this morning (2 hours after my start time) and everything, EVERYTHING was available for all 9 nights of my trip at dinner. I didn't check breakfast but hopefully it will be the same for you. :)

Okay, for fun I just checked some breakfast spots for some dates between May 6 and May 15 - everything was open!

Last edited:
I don't want to get your hopes up, but I made my ADRs this morning (2 hours after my start time) and everything, EVERYTHING was available for all 9 nights of my trip at dinner. I didn't check breakfast but hopefully it will be the same for you. :)

Okay, for fun I just checked some breakfast spots for some dates between May 6 and May 15 - everything was open!
appreciate that.. thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After watching some videos i agree.. food looks bleh and it is LOUD!!! i can go somewhere else better for dinner and bring him there to build a dino or shopping afterwards!!!

I am soooo with you.. but it's my dino loving sons 4th bday dinner and our arrival evening. I figure we get it out of the way and only go up from there!!!
Right there with you, we are going for our son's 4th birthday as well in 3 weeks. We ended up needing a reservation for 11 and got it. AS soon as he heard about it, he had to have it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter