How do locals use FastPasses?

TheConsciousness

Coaster Skeptic
So I was watching some TimTracker yesterday and saw that he and his wife got some pretty fun FastPasses for their trip. Since they have annual passes and live within the area, how do FPs work for them? Are they only allowed to schedule 1 day in advance? Can they schedule FPs any day within the year? Always wondered!

My understanding is they can book them just as anyone else can, booking 30 days in advance unless you have a hotel reservation then you can 60 days in advance.

I am an annual pass holder and sometimes, you can get the best passes by just waiting...until the day of or even hour of! I went to MK with my kids on Wednesday and it was packed!! By noon, we had used our 3 passes so I kept going back to book another one. And we ended up booking about 6 more (including ones that had been completely “sold out” when I had booked for my fp a week before-jungle cruise, belle, and even a mine train!) before our night was through.

This works best at MK because they have so many choices and peoples plans change all the time.

We are Florida resident AP holders who live close enough to WDW to make day trips. AP holders get to book fast passes 30 days out and we have always found a good selection available at that point. DH and I are retired so we can go pretty much whenever we want......it's great!

You are able to book at 30 (60 if staying at a resort) however you can only have seven days worth booked at once in a 30 day span
Or be like my sister get up refresh the app for 20-30 minutes snag a FOP fastpass then hop down i4 to ride it

I am local and am limited to 7. I have multiple resort site stays with NO other days that do not have resort nights booked and am unable to book more than 7. I believe there is a shift in policy and they are now enforcing the split stay aspect of the 7 day rule for AP. Previously, if you had all on site stays you could get more FP, and I did briefly, but now it is 7 total, unless you stay is more than 7 days.

On a side note, I have had the best success the day of. Yesterday, Saturday March 23, I managed to get three SDD fp for all around noon pretty quickly at 915-930. I needed a fourth and that took me another hour of off and on checking. I did spend more time getting these than I would like, and if I couldn't have I would have just let my kids (15, 8, 6) go without me. We also got a ToT and were working on ST, but every one was tired and we left. In my experience, same day fast passes are easier to get around 9:30-11:30. I'm still pretty new at doing that, as I like to plan out the day, but I'm learning to roll with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter