How do these ADRs sound for wedding week?

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
So I’m not sleepy at all and my fiancé is sound asleep next to me so I’ve been doing some wedding planning. I have around two weeks before my 180 day window opens and would like some feed back ::yes::

November 9 (Friday) arrival day, we are staying at the Polynesian this one night -
  • Option A - we arrive around noon (three hour drive from home) I make an appointment at the senses spa to get my nails done and a semi-early reservation at Ohana for dinner. Then relax at hotel and watch fireworks from the beach.
  • Option B - I get my nails done the night before back home and we arrive a little later. Buy the Christmas Party tickets and go into Magic Kingdom at 4pm. We’ve never done the party before so that would be fun and I’d try to get a reservation for CRT or Crystal Palace for dinner
November 10 (Saturday) - we are switching to the Grand Floridian Villas, well I am for this night while my fiancé goes over to the Contemporary for the night before our wedding. We are going to have our rehearsal this day so was thinking either getting food from the quick service or stopping by publix and stocking up the fridge with sandwiches and snacks. We have a private dining experience for the rehearsal dinner during fantasmic. Really excited for this!

November 11 (Sunday) - Wedding day party:
Not sure what to do about breakfast and lunch. Our reception is at 5pm and we’ll be having hair and makeup over pretty early so I’m thinking same plan as before either Publix food or quick service. Maybe room service? I’ve never actually ordered room service at Disney before.

November 12 (Monday) - Epcot day.

• Option A - we eat at one of the countries quick services and then for dinner Le Cellier, watch fireworks after dinner is over
  • Option B - eat at the restaurant with the fish tank view (drawing a blank on the name) have dinner at Tokyo dining for some sushi so not a heavy dinner and then watch fireworks
November 13 (Tuesday) - We are doing a portrait session in Magic Kingdom and Epcot so have to wake up at 3:30am :scared: I’m hoping my hair and makeup hold up until dinner time
  • Option A - Go to Magic Kingdom for the day, eat quick service (not sure which one I haven’t tried many) then have dinner at Victoria and Albert’s. Really want the chefs table but this or the night before are really the only times we could so our chances are slim. We’ll still have a fabulous time in the normal dining room.
  • Option B - Go to Hollywood Studios to try out the new toy story rides, eat lunch at sci-fi for the cool car drive in atmosphere then dinner at V&A
  • Option C - go to animal kingdom and eat in Pandora love that quick service then V&A.
November 14 (Wednesday) - Last day at Disney.
  • Option A - We buy 4 day Florida resident tickets, only use two days and use the other two days over NYE. I’m 99% positive these don’t have blackout dates so this should be fine. If we do this option we’ll sleep in and check out at 11am and do a character buffet, or regular kind of leaning towards the wave, but 1900 Park Fare is a strong contender.
  • Option B - We still buy the 4 day pass but use three days this trip and only one on NYE. We’d then go to Hollywood Studios this day to see the new toy story ride and eat at Hollywood Brown Derby
  • Option C - someone tells me the pass is blacked out on NYE and I need to buy and annual pass and in that case we go Definitely go into HS
So this is what I’ve come up with for the wedding week. What do you all think?

The day of my wedding, my mom-in-law ordered sandwich platters to eat while we got ready. They were the perfect thing.

I wonder if you could order something like that from the Publix deli and have someone pick them up.

The day of my wedding, my mom-in-law ordered sandwich platters to eat while we got ready. They were the perfect thing.

I wonder if you could order something like that from the Publix deli and have someone pick them up.
I’ve ordered a sandwich platter before from there for work, that’s a great idea lots of food to go around

Congratulations!!!

I would be careful with how much you try to get in the arrival day. I woudlstick with you r original thought of having. Your nails done. I also woud not buy a. Lot of food to keep in the villa. Pick up water and some snacks, and something to have for breakfast on those early mornings, Who knows what you will want to eat each one of those days. I would grab CS meals for lunch. It's cheap enough and you can just grab and go.

Wedding day: Room service!!! Get a nice breakfast delivered to you.

Epcot day; we are planning on Coral Reef (fish takes view restaurant) once again. It runs hot or cold, but we are going to chance it. I do not like Le Celier so I can't recommend it.

V&A!!! Lucky!

I cannot chime in on the options you have after that, I am still stuck on V&A! LOL!!!

Enjoy your wedding week!!!

So I’m not sleepy at all and my fiancé is sound asleep next to me so I’ve been doing some wedding planning. I have around two weeks before my 180 day window opens and would like some feed back ::yes::

November 9 (Friday) arrival day, we are staying at the Polynesian this one night -
  • Option B - I get my nails done the night before back home and we arrive a little later. Buy the Christmas Party tickets and go into Magic Kingdom at 4pm. We’ve never done the party before so that would be fun and I’d try to get a reservation for CRT or Crystal Palace for dinner
I pick Option B here! If we were getting married in Nov/Dec I would definitely do the Christmas Party. Since you are only 3 hours away you can pretty much control when you arrive and don't have to worry about flight delays.

Plus I'm not sure what kind of nails they do at Senses but you might want to do with something like gel or shellac that is going to for sure last until the park shoot. I just got shellac (dipping powder) done yesterday and I LOVE them. They look really natural and seem durable.

November 10 (Saturday) - we are switching to the Grand Floridian Villas, well I am for this night while my fiancé goes over to the Contemporary for the night before our wedding. We are going to have our rehearsal this day so was thinking either getting food from the quick service or stopping by publix and stocking up the fridge with sandwiches and snacks. We have a private dining experience for the rehearsal dinner during fantasmic. Really excited for this!

I would probably just go to the QS or maybe the GF Cafe? I wouldn't stock up on food from Publix because then you have to worry about it going to waste or doing something with the leftovers. Thats just me though.

Not sure what to do about breakfast and lunch. Our reception is at 5pm and we’ll be having hair and makeup over pretty early so I’m thinking same plan as before either Publix food or quick service. Maybe room service? I’ve never actually ordered room service at Disney before.

I've seen some brides order Panera to the hotel room. I'm a Panera lover so that sounds amazing to me. I haven't been impressed with Disney room service in the past, especially for the price.

• Option A - we eat at one of the countries quick services and then for dinner Le Cellier, watch fireworks after dinner is over
  • Option B - eat at the restaurant with the fish tank view (drawing a blank on the name) have dinner at Tokyo dining for some sushi so not a heavy dinner and then watch fireworks
I would personally pick Option A because I'm not a seafood eater, so I'm a little biased there. Coral Reef has gotten some mediocre reviews lately, so you might want to look into those. Either one of these plans looks good just depends on your food preference

November 13 (Tuesday) - We are doing a portrait session in Magic Kingdom and Epcot so have to wake up at 3:30am :scared: I’m hoping my hair and makeup hold up until dinner time
  • Option A - Go to Magic Kingdom for the day, eat quick service (not sure which one I haven’t tried many) then have dinner at Victoria and Albert’s. Really want the chefs table but this or the night before are really the only times we could so our chances are slim. We’ll still have a fabulous time in the normal dining room.
  • Option B - Go to Hollywood Studios to try out the new toy story rides, eat lunch at sci-fi for the cool car drive in atmosphere then dinner at V&A
  • Option C - go to animal kingdom and eat in Pandora love that quick service then V&A.

This really depends on what you've done so far in the trip. If it were me, I think I'd want to go check out the new Toy Story Land (assuming you've already seen Pandora). If you hit MK on arrival day then you've already checked that one off the list. So jealous about V&A! If we didn't have to pay for our dogs to stay at Best Friends we could do V&A :rotfl:

Also keep in mind you might need a nap after the park sessions. I'll let you know how I felt after Sunday lol!

• Option A - We buy 4 day Florida resident tickets, only use two days and use the other two days over NYE. I’m 99% positive these don’t have blackout dates so this should be fine. If we do this option we’ll sleep in and check out at 11am and do a character buffet, or regular kind of leaning towards the wave, but 1900 Park Fare is a strong contender.
  • Option B - We still buy the 4 day pass but use three days this trip and only one on NYE. We’d then go to Hollywood Studios this day to see the new toy story ride and eat at Hollywood Brown Derby
  • Option C - someone tells me the pass is blacked out on NYE and I need to buy and annual pass and in that case we go Definitely go into HS

I have no idea about the FL resident pass and black out dates, but with you being close to Disney I say go for the AP if you can swing it :thumbsup2 I bought a 7 day park hopper for my fiancé and it was like $450 and my AP is $750 to renew (not sure how much it is if you are buying for the first time). If you can squeeze two 7 day vacations or even 3-4 shorter trips in a year you have made your money back. Plus you get discounts on hotels (sometimes). If you get the AP then you can get to the MK early on your arrival day (before the 4 PM Christmas Party) and then you can do HS or AK here.

I also got married at WDW last year! See responses in bold.
  • Option A - we arrive around noon (three hour drive from home) I make an appointment at the senses spa to get my nails done and a semi-early reservation at Ohana for dinner. Then relax at hotel and watch fireworks from the beach.
I would do Option A. Senses Spa at the GF is so nice and it is one of my best memories getting my nails done with my mom. Also was the best manicure/ pedicure I’ve had! Do you have someone you can go with a different day though? If not, maybe your fiancé would want to get one too lol without the polish... Option A sounds more relaxing which is important before the wedding.

We ordered room service and it was nice. Just sandwiches, fruit etc. My wedding wasn’t until 7pm though so we got breakfast early before getting our nails done at Grand Floridian Cafe. I was also in a GFV one bedroom for the night before and getting ready and it was so nice!!

I would do Option A! You’re already in the MK area for your hotel, right? I would go to MK in the morning and come back to GF to relax at the pool and then get ready for V &A. You don’t want to be all tired for your special dinner.

See responses in bold above...

I think it looks good! Just be careful about trying to do too much. Will you have family down with you? If you do, make sure you let them know what you want them to join you with or not.

My favorite things we did from my wedding trip:
Senses Spa manicure/ pedicure
Staying at GFV the night before and night of wedding
Pool Day at GF
California Grill Dinner
Watching Happily ever after in park dessert party

Do you have to use a ticket for the portrait session? If not, I would skip the park that day and chill for the day followed buy a wonderful dinner and use the ticket on the 14th instead. We love Jiko and Flying Fish for great meals.

November 9 - I would get your nails done before you leave for WDW. I've done a mani/pedi at Senses and I wasn't impressed. Really expensive and not a great selection of colors. I would get it done before you leave and enjoy MVMCP.

November 10 - I would do quick service or have something delivered. You're the bride, don't stress about going to a grocery store during your wedding week!

November 11 - Relax and order room service or have a sandwich platter delivered. Make it as low stress as possible.

November 12 - Le Cellier, Coral Reef and Tokyo Dining are all equally mediocre, IMHO. I think Tokyo Dining has the nicest atmosphere and the service is fantastic, so I would pick that!

November 13 - all options are good. I would recommend Columbia Harbour House if you go to MK.

I would be careful with how much you try to get in the arrival day. I woudlstick with you r original thought of having. Your nails done. I also woud not buy a. Lot of food to keep in the villa. Pick up water and some snacks, and something to have for breakfast on those early mornings, Who knows what you will want to eat each one of those days. I would grab CS meals for lunch. It's cheap enough and you can just grab and go.
The quick services at the hotel will probably be easier for something nice and hot, anything from publix will probably be cold.

Wedding day: Room service!!! Get a nice breakfast delivered to you.
It would be nice to be pampered on this day :)

Epcot day; we are planning on Coral Reef (fish takes view restaurant) once again. It runs hot or cold, but we are going to chance it. I do not like Le Celier so I can't recommend it.
That's the name :) I've been there once almost 15 years ago and don't really remember the food, but thought the fish tank was cool. My fiancé has never been I think he'd enjoy the ambiance. I think we'd get the earliest time here so it won't be too busy and give us enough of a break between lunch and dinner we won't be too stuffed.

V&A!!! Lucky!

I cannot chime in on the options you have after that, I am still stuck on V&A! LOL!!!
I love this restaurant it's my favorite on property. Just seems like the perfect place to go to celebrate our new marriage.

Enjoy your wedding week!!!
Thank you!!

I pick Option B here! If we were getting married in Nov/Dec I would definitely do the Christmas Party. Since you are only 3 hours away you can pretty much control when you arrive and don't have to worry about flight delays.
I agree it is something fun and different to do. I love being able to drive up since it's so close by.

Plus I'm not sure what kind of nails they do at Senses but you might want to do with something like gel or shellac that is going to for sure last until the park shoot. I just got shellac (dipping powder) done yesterday and I LOVE them. They look really natural and seem durable.
I was thinking doing gel to make sure they hold up for a few days. I'm going to do a french manicure. I've never tried shellac, can they do a french in that?

I would probably just go to the QS or maybe the GF Cafe? I wouldn't stock up on food from Publix because then you have to worry about it going to waste or doing something with the leftovers. Thats just me though.
One of my bridesmaids mentioned getting orange juice and champagne there to make mimosas while we get ready. I'd probably send her to publix to get everything. I wouldn't want to get too much, but there's going to be a lot of people getting ready in the room the morning of. I was thinking quick service before the rehearsal so we don't have to commit to a specific time since I don't know when the rehearsal will be held yet. Do you think the GF Villas are close enough to the Polynesian we could walk over to their quick service?

I've seen some brides order Panera to the hotel room. I'm a Panera lover so that sounds amazing to me. I haven't been impressed with Disney room service in the past, especially for the price.
I love Panera, just had it for dinner last night actually. Ordering food to the hotel would definitely make things easy and people could pick what they'd like.

I would personally pick Option A because I'm not a seafood eater, so I'm a little biased there. Coral Reef has gotten some mediocre reviews lately, so you might want to look into those. Either one of these plans looks good just depends on your food preference
I'm such a fan of Epcot restaurants its always so hard for me to choose where to eat there. I'm always afraid to read the reviews of Disney restaurants I feel like so many get good and bad reviews none are really consistent. I think Coral Reef would be mostly for the ambiance and we could keep it small and simple and have a bigger dinner.

This really depends on what you've done so far in the trip. If it were me, I think I'd want to go check out the new Toy Story Land (assuming you've already seen Pandora). If you hit MK on arrival day then you've already checked that one off the list. So jealous about V&A! If we didn't have to pay for our dogs to stay at Best Friends we could do V&A :rotfl:

Also keep in mind you might need a nap after the park sessions. I'll let you know how I felt after Sunday lol!
I love the new Pandora rides, they are one of my favorites, but I definitely want to try the new Toy Story rides. We actually just decided to renew or annual pass and upgrade them to the Platinum Pass so we can use them over NYE. I convinced my fiancé with the 15% discount it would be worth it and now we get to plan a couple weekend trips before the wedding.

Maybe for your 1 year anniversary you could go to V&A to celebrate? I've never been able to nap, but my fiancé loves to so I might need to schedule that in so he doesn't get cranky. Have fun on Sunday!

See responses in bold above...

I think it looks good! Just be careful about trying to do too much. Will you have family down with you? If you do, make sure you let them know what you want them to join you with or not.

My favorite things we did from my wedding trip:
Senses Spa manicure/ pedicure
Staying at GFV the night before and night of wedding
Pool Day at GF
California Grill Dinner
Watching Happily ever after in park dessert party
I think I might have convinced my Fiancé to get his nails done along side me, just cleaning no nail polish. He's never done anything like this before, but it would be nice to have some company and have his nails looking good in pictures.
We are having 80 guests, but most will be arriving on Saturday. A few are arriving on Friday, but they told me it's okay to book restaurants without them they'll do their own thing. I'm really excited to stay at the Grand Floridian Villas, I actually switched to this resort only a little while ago, before I had BLT but a room opened up. I thought it would be easier to get to the wedding pavilion staying there. Sadly, I don't think we'll get to see HEA at all for the trip since every day we are near MK they'll be having a Christmas Party. Magic Kingdom is really convenient to get to when staying on the monorail, that is a good point for this day and I don't want to be super tired at our nice dinner.

Do you have to use a ticket for the portrait session? If not, I would skip the park that day and chill for the day followed buy a wonderful dinner and use the ticket on the 14th instead. We love Jiko and Flying Fish for great meals.
No, the portrait session is held before park opening. Jiko is an amazing restaurant we went there back in March, I wonder if I could fit it in somewhere. It's hard since we aren't really focusing on Animal Kingdom this trip and it just seems far from everything.

November 9 - I would get your nails done before you leave for WDW. I've done a mani/pedi at Senses and I wasn't impressed. Really expensive and not a great selection of colors. I would get it done before you leave and enjoy MVMCP.
That's too bad you didn't like it. Did they not do a good job on your nails, or was it just the colors that disappointed you? I was thinking I would do a french manicure so colors aren't too much of an issue, although I'd like to add a little Mickey to one of my nails. It's hard for me to go out and get my nails done I normally do them myself. I'm guessing it's a lot more expensive than the ones back home.

November 10 - I would do quick service or have something delivered. You're the bride, don't stress about going to a grocery store during your wedding week!
I agree I don't want to be stressed. I was thinking maybe my bridesmaids could go to Publix, one mentioned wanting to get orange juice and champagne to create mimosas while we get ready. I didn't really think about places delivering, is there somewhere to see who delivers to the hotels?

November 12 - Le Cellier, Coral Reef and Tokyo Dining are all equally mediocre, IMHO. I think Tokyo Dining has the nicest atmosphere and the service is fantastic, so I would pick that!
Which restaurants would you recommend at Epcot instead? I've never been to Tokyo Dining before, we've been to Le Cellier once before, I liked the food just not the lack of space. Coral Reef would be purely for the wow factor of the fish tank.

November 13 - all options are good. I would recommend Columbia Harbour House if you go to MK.
I've heard this place gets good reviews. What type of food is it?

That's too bad you didn't like it. Did they not do a good job on your nails, or was it just the colors that disappointed you? I was thinking I would do a french manicure so colors aren't too much of an issue, although I'd like to add a little Mickey to one of my nails. It's hard for me to go out and get my nails done I normally do them myself. I'm guessing it's a lot more expensive than the ones back home.

I just wanted to say that I got the french manicure and pedicure at GF Senses Spa and it was amazing. You sit in a massage chair, they wrap your legs in hot towels, and it ended up looking great. Make sure you get the gel!

Just an FYI - the multi-day Florida Resident passes were blacked out through the holidays in 2017, and they didn't offer a Florida Resident one-day discount for NYE ... I had to buy my husband a full-price PH ticket (he has a Florida Resident AP that was blacked out for NYE) for our NYE 2017 park-hopping. Maybe that will change, but it was really frustrating last year when I had to buy an additional ticket so just beware!

The current multi-day discounted tickets expire sometime in June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!