How do these ADRs sound for wedding week?

I just wanted to say that I got the french manicure and pedicure at GF Senses Spa and it was amazing. You sit in a massage chair, they wrap your legs in hot towels, and it ended up looking great. Make sure you get the gel!
That sounds heavenly! I definitely like the idea of being pampered before the wedding. Gel is a must I don’t want chipped nails two days later at the wedding

Just an FYI - the multi-day Florida Resident passes were blacked out through the holidays in 2017, and they didn't offer a Florida Resident one-day discount for NYE ... I had to buy my husband a full-price PH ticket (he has a Florida Resident AP that was blacked out for NYE) for our NYE 2017 park-hopping. Maybe that will change, but it was really frustrating last year when I had to buy an additional ticket so just beware!

The current multi-day discounted tickets expire sometime in June.
The tickets we were looking at were the four day florida select, I think they have a discovery ticket that expires in June that’s a discount. The 3 and 4 day select don’t mention anything about the dates it’s vaild and googling results in different info. That does sound frustrating to buy a whole other ticket to use. We decided today to just go ahead and renew our passes, but we upgraded to the platinum one so it won’t be blacked out on NYE. We are definitely going then and I didn’t want to worry about not getting into the park because of a hidden blackout date

Sorry don’t have ant comments on the restaurants only a question on the rooms. Your fiancé is staying first night at Poly, second night at Contemporary and the next few nights at GF? That is going to be a little inconvenient for him. Anyway you can arrange it so he doesn’t need to switch around so many nights? Maybe I missed read your original post.

Sorry don’t have ant comments on the restaurants only a question on the rooms. Your fiancé is staying first night at Poly, second night at Contemporary and the next few nights at GF? That is going to be a little inconvenient for him. Anyway you can arrange it so he doesn’t need to switch around so many nights? Maybe I missed read your original post.
The first night we are both staying at Poly. Since we are doing a room block for the wedding we get one night free so we picked there since we’ve never been before. Then we have GF Villas Saturday-Wednesday, but I don’t want my fiancé seeing me the morning of the wedding so he’s going to stay at the Contemporary for one night. We have a room block there so the room is cheaper for him to book. Then he’ll move into my room for the rest of the trip. He can keep most of his stuff in my room, he’ll just need his tux with him

I think TD is great eats and value for same plus you can sometimes score a window seat overlooking the lake. Very serene seeing the lake over the treetops.
Actually, I see merit in all 3 of the Japanese eateries although we've only eaten at 2.

Never had the sushi there as we opted for tempura, bento box, a chicken dish and various miso soups but know they are freshly made.
Here's a recent review from another "lover":

https://www.disboards.com/threads/y...ture-updated-4-8-tokyo-dining.3649653/page-27

I think TD is great eats and value for same plus you can sometimes score a window seat overlooking the lake. Very serene seeing the lake over the treetops.
Actually, I see merit in all 3 of the Japanese eateries although we've only eaten at 2.

Never had the sushi there as we opted for tempura, bento box, a chicken dish and various miso soups but know they are freshly made.
Here's a recent review from another "lover":

https://www.disboards.com/threads/y...ture-updated-4-8-tokyo-dining.3649653/page-27
Thanks :) I actually read that review it was what made me consider it, it was never on my radar before. I've only just started eating sushi

So I’m not sleepy at all and my fiancé is sound asleep next to me so I’ve been doing some wedding planning. I have around two weeks before my 180 day window opens and would like some feed back ::yes::

November 9 (Friday) arrival day, we are staying at the Polynesian this one night -
  • Option A - we arrive around noon (three hour drive from home) I make an appointment at the senses spa to get my nails done and a semi-early reservation at Ohana for dinner. Then relax at hotel and watch fireworks from the beach.
  • Option B - I get my nails done the night before back home and we arrive a little later. Buy the Christmas Party tickets and go into Magic Kingdom at 4pm. We’ve never done the party before so that would be fun and I’d try to get a reservation for CRT or Crystal Palace for dinner
November 10 (Saturday) - we are switching to the Grand Floridian Villas, well I am for this night while my fiancé goes over to the Contemporary for the night before our wedding. We are going to have our rehearsal this day so was thinking either getting food from the quick service or stopping by publix and stocking up the fridge with sandwiches and snacks. We have a private dining experience for the rehearsal dinner during fantasmic. Really excited for this!

November 11 (Sunday) - Wedding day party:
Not sure what to do about breakfast and lunch. Our reception is at 5pm and we’ll be having hair and makeup over pretty early so I’m thinking same plan as before either Publix food or quick service. Maybe room service? I’ve never actually ordered room service at Disney before.

November 12 (Monday) - Epcot day.

• Option A - we eat at one of the countries quick services and then for dinner Le Cellier, watch fireworks after dinner is over
  • Option B - eat at the restaurant with the fish tank view (drawing a blank on the name) have dinner at Tokyo dining for some sushi so not a heavy dinner and then watch fireworks
November 13 (Tuesday) - We are doing a portrait session in Magic Kingdom and Epcot so have to wake up at 3:30am :scared: I’m hoping my hair and makeup hold up until dinner time
  • Option A - Go to Magic Kingdom for the day, eat quick service (not sure which one I haven’t tried many) then have dinner at Victoria and Albert’s. Really want the chefs table but this or the night before are really the only times we could so our chances are slim. We’ll still have a fabulous time in the normal dining room.
  • Option B - Go to Hollywood Studios to try out the new toy story rides, eat lunch at sci-fi for the cool car drive in atmosphere then dinner at V&A
  • Option C - go to animal kingdom and eat in Pandora love that quick service then V&A.
November 14 (Wednesday) - Last day at Disney.
  • Option A - We buy 4 day Florida resident tickets, only use two days and use the other two days over NYE. I’m 99% positive these don’t have blackout dates so this should be fine. If we do this option we’ll sleep in and check out at 11am and do a character buffet, or regular kind of leaning towards the wave, but 1900 Park Fare is a strong contender.
  • Option B - We still buy the 4 day pass but use three days this trip and only one on NYE. We’d then go to Hollywood Studios this day to see the new toy story ride and eat at Hollywood Brown Derby
  • Option C - someone tells me the pass is blacked out on NYE and I need to buy and annual pass and in that case we go Definitely go into HS
So this is what I’ve come up with for the wedding week. What do you all think?

11/09- Option A. Relaxation will be needed and having your nails done with Mickey detail sounds like fun. Concerned they won't have your fav nail polish or brand? BYOP which is what I do whether at home or not.

Wedding day- Loving the idea of a sandwich platter from Publix (ask them to cut them finger food style as they are easier to eat) as well as Mimosas. Easy peasy. Order a room service breakfast...maybe a fruit plate. They are quite good at both Poly and GF. Save your energy for something else.

11/13- No opinion on what park to enjoy. You'll like whichever you pick:). just stay on the light side foodwise so you can enjoy V and A to the fullest extent.

11/14- go with your feelings on this. You'll be up late the night before.

Have a beauteous wedding and start to your new life!

November 9: I definitely would get your nails done at Senses and have dinner at Ohana. If you're staying at the Poly, why not stick around the resort and enjoy the atmosphere and amenities. This plan just sounds so much more relaxing before your big day. To me, getting to the Christmas party on time would be stressful. I'd save it for a first anniversary trip!

November 10: I wouldn't worry about heading to Publix for food. Just grab what you feel like eating when you feel like eating it from Gaparilla's or even Captain Cook's before you leave the Poly. Both will have plenty of options.

November 11: I actually love Disney room service and totally would go this way--I'd order pastry baskets and fruit to keep it light. That way you also don't have to worry about keeping anything at a particular temperature if people are arriving and in various stages of getting ready at different times. I'd have one of your bridesmaids purchase OJ and champagne at Publix before arriving on property and bring them with her morning of.

November 12: I love Le Cellier for a romantic dinner!

November 13: I'd probably just play it by ear and see what you feel like doing that day. I wouldn't eat a TS lunch before dinner at V&A, though. DHS definitely has the weakest quick service, though, so I'd plan on having lunch at Gasparilla after you get changed after your portrait session before you leave for the park if that's the option you choose.

11/09- Option A. Relaxation will be needed and having your nails done with Mickey detail sounds like fun. Concerned they won't have your fav nail polish or brand? BYOP which is what I do whether at home or not.
Do they not have a wide selection to choose from?

Thanks for all the suggestions!

November 9: I definitely would get your nails done at Senses and have dinner at Ohana. If you're staying at the Poly, why not stick around the resort and enjoy the atmosphere and amenities. This plan just sounds so much more relaxing before your big day. To me, getting to the Christmas party on time would be stressful. I'd save it for a first anniversary trip!
Relaxation does seem like the way to go :) I'm hoping I'll be able to get an Ohana reservation, since it's the first night it might not be available.

November 12: I love Le Cellier for a romantic dinner!
They do have such good steaks there

November 13: I'd probably just play it by ear and see what you feel like doing that day. I wouldn't eat a TS lunch before dinner at V&A, though. DHS definitely has the weakest quick service, though, so I'd plan on having lunch at Gasparilla after you get changed after your portrait session before you leave for the park if that's the option you choose.
I agree about the QS at HS I've always been really disappointed. I'm hopeful the new one opening in Toy Story land will be better, but who knows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter