How do these prices sound?

nurse metal

Earning My Ears
Ok were down to 54 days before we leave. I am so excited and so are the kids but dh is getting a bit burned out about disney. So here are the rates I have gotten so far...
room at crb for 4 nights at 89.oo per night - (BOOKED WITH A CODE FROM THESE BOARDS) THANKS.
round trip flight for 4 total $ 444.oo plus tax on airtran with internet spe. rate
Car for 8 days with hertiz for 171.00 plus tax ect.
tickets/passes will still run us just under 1000.00 we are using the unlimited lenght of stay
we are thinking between 70-100$ a day for the fast food days and then adding our ps seating and shows to that. we hope to do the whole trip for 3800$. our dates are 9/22/01-9/29/01 that includes two nights at the coast and a day at KSC.

Is this a good estimate? any comments or tips? thanks. Lisa

Originally posted by nurse metal

Car for 8 days with hertiz for 171.00 plus tax ect.
tickets/passes will still run us just under 1000.00 we are using the unlimited lenght of stay

Just a couple of suggestions...

First, get yourself a Disney Club card. Then go to National's web site and join national's emerald club. This is basically a club that allows you to choose a car without having to wait on line (my husband calls it the "steal a car" club). Often you will get an upgrade from what you booked because you just pick anything off the "Emerald Aisle" but you are guaranteed at least the level that you book. I just checked national's website for your dates and with DC discount and coupon for one free weekday with a weekend rental, your base rate for 8 days would be $101.91 and $140.95 including all taxes. Your $170 rate at hertz would be more like $235 when all of the taxes are added into the price AND you have to take a shuttle to get there (national is right in the terminal).

Now that you have your disney club card, you can also save a bit on the admission tickets as well. Consider getting 5 day parkhoppers instead of the 5 day length of stay passes. This way if you don't end up going to the parks all 5 days, you will have days left on your passes that can be used any time in the future. Either way, with the DC card, you will save the cost of the card on your tickets... then you can use the card to get 10% off at any disney store. If you can wait to buy your souveiners all on one day, you also get 10% off at some downtown disney stores, including the world of disney. There is very little merchandise in the parks that doesn't also show up at the WoD store!

Hope that helps!

Lisa

Just checking on the special codes??? you got to get such a good deal on CRB....
I am new here but anxious to get involved and find the best deals for our next trip to Disney in February, 2002.

Sounds about perfect! We went in Jul for seven days. $40 priceline rooms = $350.. we were very happy with the rooms at Courtyard Marriott in DD (Your room rates are good for CBR) $500 rt air for 4. $161 for compact rental car for eight days (through hotwire). We budgeted $100 a day for food. All total we spent $200 a day for food (only 1 character meal, but alot of counterservice and Golden Corrale bfasts.. three nice sit down meals for dinner), misc, souveniers, parking at airport, gas, and boarding our dog...everything was $1400. Got our park passes for $800. We spent about $3200 on our trip and we never once felt like we took a "budget" trip. In fact, I felt like we were splurging every time we turned around! :)

Sheila

Thanks Lia F for the DC info. I just signed up and booked a car with national full size at rate of 173.00 after all the taxes and stuff. Plus well save some on our tickets. thanks again for the tip. Lisa L

When you booked with National, did you also use the DC coupon good for one free weekend day? It came in the mail with periodic coupons from DC, but I thought I read that it was also available for print out on the DC site. It lowered the price another $18, I think.

How many days are you in the park for. I would get an annual pass if there is anyway you would come back before the year is up. My faminly went of rthe forst time in NOV I spent abput $1000.oo with DC for 4 day hopper. I go tso addicted I came bak 7 months later for Summer vacation.... bougth an AP this time, we stayed 10 days. With my AP discount I get a rate of $49.00 for ASMusic & great Airtram airfare so I'm comeing back in AUG instead of the shore this year. And my SIL is havi ng a convention In NOV & I get to stay free with her for 5 days.I could'nt do this if I did'nt have the passes.

I checked with national and yes they have both discounts applied but I havent been able to join the EC yet I have to call them today. Maybe my rate will be less after I join? Is it free to join the EC for a DC member?
About the APs I wont be able to vist enough to get my moneys worth ( maybe once every 2-3 yrs is what it looks like) but I sure will enjoy my time there. Lisa

Hi, I will be there 9/22-10/3 and my fullsize car through National will cost me 224 for 11 nights. There must be some discount code that you don't have yet. But, we do have EC and the DC discount. My DH has had EC for years now. We will be staying at the AllStarSports at the $49 rate. Not sure about the passes yet. I want to do the Length of Stay for the flexibility. What if we want to go to water park for only 1/2 day etc. I'm scared I won't have enough tickets, etc. the length of stay seems like an easier bet even though it's more expensive. If someone has any other advise on that, it would be great. We are staying at Disney 8nights, and probably won't go back in one year.

Nurse Metal ---- there hasn't been an EC discount lately, BUT I think I figured it out. With EC, you can book for the Emerald Aisle (EA), which is very, very convenient. You're automatically booked for intermediate sized car and guaranted at least an intermediate, but could get fortunate and get SUV, PT Cruiser, etc, and by-pass the National counter entirely. A great time saver. The difference in price is that when you book EA you can insert "full" size car into the reservation request and the price will still be the same as for an intermediate. So, you're probably paying more than me for 8 days (as long as it's exactly 8 days and no extra hours) because you're paying for a higher class car. It's a good idea to change the EA reservation to "full" -----at no extra cost ----- because you're guaranteed a car in the class you reserve. If the EA is pretty empty and has no full sized cars left, I'm told that you will be directed to the aisle of "full-sized" cars and can take your pick there. Since EC membership is now free through DC (just until Sept, I think), it's worth joining. Call the DC # and they'll give you the # to call for the application, which you can mail in (will take weeks) or can take to a National rental and hand it in there. Good luck!

wildangel, I've seen and gotten that rate through a code at mousesavers.com, but I've since heard that those rate codes are no longer available, that they stopped those rates on 7/20. Good luck.

I got the code tips off these boards It was CVZ code? I already had my room booked and so I called res. and asked if that code would apply for my dates she checked and gave me the rates.
I am presently waiting for the Emerald club info to arrive in the mail.
Can't wait to go.. 52 days left. Lisa

AMEN to Emerald Club....half the fun is picking out the car and seeing what is available....YOU WILL LOVE DISNEY....Ted

Heres my story on good prices....

We (wife and myself, mid 40's)are going from November 30 - December 8, 2001.

Airfare/RT from PIT: $190 per person TOTAL $380
Car Rental
National, with DC and Ent Coupon: $141 (inc taxes)
First Night Hotel (4 Points at Airport
for late flight arrival) - PRICELINE $ 18
7 Nights - Marriott Courtyard -Marriott
Village Resort - PRICELINE $235

TOTAL (2 persons, R/T, 8 nts.hotel
and full size rental for 8 days) $774

Can you beat this???
We will have plenty of extra money for our
Tickets, Meals and Fun Money!!
:p :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter