How do tickets bought through conventions usually work?

NewbieMouse

DIS Veteran
My DH regularly attends a conference that is scheduled to be in Anaheim next year. :cool1: I was just wondering how the tickets that are bought at discounted rates through a convention typically work. Are they usually for a specified number of days before and after the conference? is the discount a usual amount? I'd like to book our hotel as far out as I can, and I am trying to determine if we can/should come during, just before or just after his conference, and I'm not sure what the possibilities might be. TIA!

My DH regularly attends a conference that is scheduled to be in Anaheim next year. :cool1: I was just wondering how the tickets that are bought at discounted rates through a convention typically work. Are they usually for a specified number of days before and after the conference? is the discount a usual amount? I'd like to book our hotel as far out as I can, and I am trying to determine if we can/should come during, just before or just after his conference, and I'm not sure what the possibilities might be. TIA!
Convention tickets generally have all the details for the specific event listed with the information for reservations.

As far as booking your hotel, you might want to book a WIDE reservation and finalize dates once you decide.
Arrival date, book the date you'd arrive if going to the parks before the conference
Departure date, book the date you'd leave if going to the parks after the conference

I've done long range planning for years now.
When planning 12 to 18 months in advance this is what I do.
Once I know actual dates I call and modify reservation.
This way I have it covered. I usually know 9months out what the dates are going to be.

Before of after can depend on what might be happening at the parks. You can follow this thread for planning info.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/2018-calendar-of-events-school-breaks-and-dlr.3635162/

Geemo

There are a number of days before and after the convention that you can buy tickets for. One way you can get an idea is to log in as if you are buying tickets through dapperdays or gaydaysanaheim to see the ticket options. The events only run for 2 days, but you'll see there is a wider view of when the discounted tickets are offered, as it should be for vendors, etc who have to be there before and after the conventions to set up, etc.

do they sell convention tix for evening only. For example, if you are at a convention all day, and only have park time in the evenings.

do they sell convention tix for evening only. For example, if you are at a convention all day, and only have park time in the evenings.
They have something called a twilight ticket. It is reduced admission. You can see the prices by looking at the current convention ticket sales pages which I mentioned above.

ETA: It looks like the tickets are good for the last 4 hours that the park is open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter