• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

How do you add the College Program to your resume?

Wiisa

Aug 24th - Attractions
I recently completed the WDW College Program and was given a paper with information on how to add the program to my resume. I desperately hung onto that paper, but lost it somewhere in the move. Can anyone give me information on how to properly add it to my resume? Does anyone have this paper still and can fill me in on what it said? Thanks

Where did you get the paper from? I just left there too and I don't remember that info paper, but really need to know how to put it on my resume' too.

I don't have the paper you reference but I have personal experience...

I put the College Program under education and training...It acctually worked because on my first real interview after graduating from college, I was asked all about it. I explained it and 3 days later I got the job :goodvibes Not just because of the WDWCP experience but it didn't hurt that's for sure...Disney is a very powerful name don't be afraid to highlight your experience in whenever and wherever possible :thumbsup2

Where did you get the paper from? I just left there too and I don't remember that info paper, but really need to know how to put it on my resume' too.

Go to the Education Office at Vista Way. They will have it for you there. Or find a CP that has taken or is taking the Marketing You class. You usually get them in that class. Which, BTW, is a great class when needing to know how to market yourself in the job world.

If you have access to The Hub, it's on there. However, it's not on the WDW section, from what I can tell. You have to go over to the DLR section (if you are statused to WDW, simply click on the "Disneyland Resort" link at the top of the screen) and access their CP module.

I do have a copy laying around somewhere for these kinds of situations, I'll go looking for it.

This is how I did it on my resume ...I just did it like another job.

January 2008-August 2008, Attractions Hostess, Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts, Orlando, Florida
Internship with Disney College Program serving as attractions hostess at the Great Movie Ride at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida.
• Engaged with guests to ensure a worthwhile experience through excellent guest service.
• Responsible for safely transporting a group of 70 guests in a slow moving tram while reciting a 30 page script from memory.
• Worked closely with a team of over 75 cast members to assure efficient and smooth operation of the attraction.

I realize this is about 6 years late, but what did you end up putting on your resume? Or does an tone have experience as an epcot east attraction operator?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter