How do you celebrate your anniversaries?

10/21 is our anniversary! such a great day! We got married last year on 10/21/15 which is "Back To The Future" day. Its the day they went into the future in the movie!! haha we didn't do anything special pertaining to the movie but we like it.

So will you be at WDW that day? We will, we actually have a culinary demonstration that day. So if we see someone wearing their "Happy Anniversary" buttons, we'll be sure to say "Happy Anniversary".

So will you be at WDW that day? We will, we actually have a culinary demonstration that day. So if we see someone wearing their "Happy Anniversary" buttons, we'll be sure to say "Happy Anniversary".
We will! we are taking a two week trip!! On our anniversary we are taking the Keys to the Kingdom Tour!! We have dinner reservations at Captains Grille and then we will walk over to EPCOT for Illuminations!

This year is our 20th anniversary, and although we have been back to WDW several times, this will be the first actually on our Anniversary. Will probably just be a resort hopping day for us, visiting some of our favorite locations like the Yacht Club Gazebo where we were married and Beaches & Cream where we had our "Reception" luncheon! We have dinner reservations at out favorite restraunt and then back to the Poly to see the MK fireworks. In other words, don't sweat it. Do what you enjoy.

Honeymoon-WDW, 1st-Cancun, 5th-Turks and Caicos, 10th-Playa del Carmen, Mexico, 15th-WDW (we went to Victoria and Albert's.) Our 20th is this year and our big trip was to Glacier/Yellowstone/Grand Teton and Jackson this summer. Our actual anniversary is 10/20 and we are going to Miami/the Keys/Everglades NP/Biscayne NP/Dry Tortugas NP/Sanibel Island and finishing up at WDW! I might hold Party For the Senses and the Star Wars dessert party soon.

My DH and I went to Disney for our honeymoon. We try to make it there every 2-3 years. We loved the fine dining at Disney on that trip: Citrocos, California Grill, etc. We usually spend our anniversary at a nice fine dining restaurant in the city we live in if we can't make it back to Disney. We are lucky to have some amazing food here. Our love of fine dining started at Disney World on our honeymoon so now it is our tradition!

Bump... we are getting ready to celebrate our 3rd anniversary, but we're already planning to be in WDW for our 5th!

We usually try and go out for a nice dinner but if it falls during the week (hard to get a babysitter) then sometimes we'll just have a nice dinner at home. However since it's the end of August, most years my husband is on vacation (he likes to take time off during the end of summer). This year we will actually be in Cabo, we didn't book the trip because of our anniversary, it just so happened those dates worked for us. Kids will be there but that's what the kids club is for ;-)

2019 is a 'big' year for our relationship; in March we are taking a 4 night Wonder cruise, treating ourselves to concierge, for our 20th dating anniversary and then in August we are taking another Alaskan cruise on the Wonder, but this time kid free, for our 15th wedding anniversary! :love: We like to go 'all out' for the big ones :rolleyes1:flower1:

We usually try and go out for a nice dinner but if it falls during the week (hard to get a babysitter) then sometimes we'll just have a nice dinner at home. However since it's the end of August, most years my husband is on vacation (he likes to take time off during the end of summer). This year we will actually be in Cabo, we didn't book the trip because of our anniversary, it just so happened those dates worked for us. Kids will be there but that's what the kids club is for ;-)

2019 is a 'big' year for our relationship; in March we are taking a 4 night Wonder cruise, treating ourselves to concierge, for our 20th dating anniversary and then in August we are taking another Alaskan cruise on the Wonder, but this time kid free, for our 15th wedding anniversary! :love: We like to go 'all out' for the big ones :rolleyes1:flower1:
We dated for ten years before we got married, so we like to celebrate both anniversaries as well- wedding in June and dating in September- they are close enough that we kind of blend together a trip in summer. I teach, so I'm off for two months, but its my husbands busy time at work.

This year we have three family visits, including me three weeks with my family this summer, so no big vacations. We have been tossing around ideas for next year. I definitely want to go all out for our fifth. We got married at WDW, so 5 has to be there. I want to make it special, more than just a vacay.

We celebrated our 30th, 32nd and this year our 33rd Anniversary (in May) at WDW!! :) Not sure we ever really planned it that way (the 30th anniversary we did) it's just worked out that way, hubby asks what I want to do to celebrate and I tell him WDW of course! :)

We celebrated our 30th, 32nd and this year our 33rd Anniversary (in May) at WDW!! :) Not sure we ever really planned it that way (the 30th anniversary we did) it's just worked out that way, hubby asks what I want to do to celebrate and I tell him WDW of course! :)
Do you do anything special for your anniversary? I was wondering about some of the tours or maybe renting a boat for fireworks or something like that.

Do you do anything special for your anniversary? I was wondering about some of the tours or maybe renting a boat for fireworks or something like that.

For our 30th we just did a special dinner at Yachtsman while at WDW (when we got home we spent a couple of days at the beach to celebrate and unwind from our WDW trip!!). Last year for our 32nd our oldest came with us and she was also celebrating her 30th birthday so that trip was more about her! :) This year we are doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour and the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party for our anniversary!

In the early years we used to get away for a weekend. We did a cruise for our 7th. Now, after 32 years, we just have a night out for dinner and going to the local winery.

Some years I cook the meal we had on our first date (we got married on the anniversary of our first date). Some years we go out for a nice dinner in our hometown. Last year we went to Disneyland, spent the day in the parks and had dinner at the Napa Rose Chef's counter followed by drinks at Trader Sam's. Next year, who knows... but we will be doing it together and that is all that is important to us.

My husband & I celebrated our 15th anniversary with an adults only trip to WDW last year. We had a great time. We had dinner at The Boathouse & Jiko, California Grill "Brunch On the Top", and splurged on park hoppers (we never do them normally) so we could take advantage of Food & Wine. it was a wonderful trip. We have a (at the time) 7 and 4 year old, and it was so nice to be able to eat at places we wanted to eat, at the times of day we'd like to eat, to swim at the resorts and relax and not be "on" the entire time to keep an eye on our little ones. Normally we will go out and have a nice meal together, occasionally we would take a weekend trip away, but for the "milestones", we take bigger (to us) trips. For our 5th, we splurged on a hotel at Cedar Point (we're huge coaster enthusiasts), for our 10th we went to NYC. For our 20th, I think we might try a Disney Cruise. We'll see.

My husband and I have been married for 7 years. On our 6th, we had a vow renewal with a Gene Simmons impersonator at the KISS chapel at Monster Mini-Golf in Las Vegas. Other than that, he usually buys me one rose for each year we have been married. The anniversary we celebrate more by looking back/reflecting is the anniversary of the day we met (which was last Saturday). That's it, though. No anniversaries for every little thing.
This is hands down the absolute best vow renewal I have ever heard of. Love it!!! ❤️❤️❤️

DH and I have been together for a long time but only got married a year and a half ago. We had to delay our honeymoon because of family issues (we both have teenagers so enough said on that) and then opted to push it back a little bit more so we could go to F&W this September. By the time we go we will have celebrated our 2nd anniversary. Before we married we always celebrated our first date each year by getting the absolute best egg rolls from a ridiculously priced restaurant and just watching a movie. Alone. No kids. It was heaven. For our first wedding anniversary we went out for a nice dinner and drinks. We started a tradition with the first anniversary in that we can only get each other gifts from either the traditional or modern anniversary gift list. 1st anniversary was paper. He gave me these exquisite roses that were handcrafted out of paper. I got him a gift certificate for golf lessons. This year is cotton. It’s not a very original idea but it is a lot of fun to come up with an interesting idea within the theme.

Anniversaries are what you want them to be. Don't feel pressure to do something fancy every year, and don't create a tradition that will be taxing on either of you. Just do something that makes you both happy!

This year will be our 20th anniversary. We've done all kinds of things for our anniversary, ranging from a TV date on the couch to a family vacation at Disney over our anniversary. We've also had to celebrate at a different time other than the actual day. One year, the house was full of my husband's friends for a guy's weekend because it was the only weekend they could get together (all live in different states). Another year, he was traveling for work. We don't stress over celebrating on the actual day as long as we take time sometime around there to spend some time together. This year, we will celebrate with a week-long adults only trip to Disney. Our first thought was to go to Hawaii, but with elementary-aged kids and where we live, it would be a very long travel time and difficult to get home if something were to happen with one of the kids. I also want the kids to experience Hawaii, so we're going to take them when we do finally go. But I'm super excited about Disney for a week with my hubby!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!