How do you come out cheaper booking with Comfort Suites now for Atlantis? The fees push it over the top?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
I went in and plugged in the dates of May 4th-5th for Comfort Suites Paradise Island and I came to a total of 589.50 after all the ridiculous BS fees, for three adults. Now with Disney charging what 205.00 per adult for this, which would include the taxi and lunch, how on earth can people come out cheaper with Comfort Suites now?

Go back and read the big thread on this, it only makes sense for certain amount of people. We did it with 4 adults ( 2 rooms maybe), I can't remeber the specifics, and then at the Atlantis i paid for my older son, and my younger son was free. It was the best deal doing it this way I believe. We saved money, I can't remember how much, but we wouldn't have done it if we didn't save money. The walk to where you pickup the tickets though ....we got lost quite a bit. Booking dates change things as well, the closer we got to the date, the more expensive it got.

Go back and read the big thread on this, it only makes sense for certain amount of people. We did it with 4 adults ( 2 rooms maybe), I can't remeber the specifics, and then at the Atlantis i paid for my older son, and my younger son was free. It was the best deal doing it this way I believe. We saved money, I can't remember how much, but we wouldn't have done it if we didn't save money. The walk to where you pickup the tickets though ....we got lost quite a bit. Booking dates change things as well, the closer we got to the date, the more expensive it got.
Ok, kinda like the free dining works best for some groups and a room discount works better for others.

Ok, kinda like the free dining works best for some groups and a room discount works better for others.

yeah, I think I remember reading that it didn’t make sense for two adults, but it does for 4 adults. But I can’t remember the specifics.

It's really making me wonder if the place is worth almost $200 a person. I'm thinking not.

taxi and lunch
Taxi is around $5 per person in a shared van from the port, and lunch can be had for $12-$15.
and then at the Atlantis i paid for my older son
Walking up and buying additional day passes is not always an option, particularly during peak periods. There are times when Atlantis does not sell any walk-up Aquaventure passes because they have sold-out all available cruise excursions and have full hotel occupancy.

Taxi is around $5 per person in a shared van from the port, and lunch can be had for $12-$15.
Walking up and buying additional day passes is not always an option, particularly during peak periods. There are times when Atlantis does not sell any walk-up Aquaventure passes because they have sold-out all available cruise excursions and have full hotel occupancy.

wow, glad I didn’t know that, I would have been worried. We had no issues buying an extra ticket with the comfort suites check in people at the Atlantis.

We are doing the Comfort Suites trick in Feb, even with a family of 5 we came out ahead. For one room it was $364 plus one extra ticket bought online for my youngest was $103. To buy the tickets online through Atlantis would of been $623, and even more through Disney.

We are doing the Comfort Suites trick in Feb, even with a family of 5 we came out ahead. For one room it was $364 plus one extra ticket bought online for my youngest was $103. To buy the tickets online through Atlantis would of been $623, and even more through Disney.

Pretty sure that is exactly what we did.

So they still do day passes? I was thinking that I read somewhere that they quit doing that. Not sure. And if so then those would probably be more available in the off season?

The walk to where you pickup the tickets though ....we got lost quite a bit.

I thought the hotel front desk gave you the tickets? After checking in you have to go to a different place to pick up the tickets? Dont like the idea of getting lost in Nassau with 3 children.

I thought the hotel front desk gave you the tickets? After checking in you have to go to a different place to pick up the tickets? Dont like the idea of getting lost in Nassau with 3 children.

If you go through the comfort suites deal, there is a special checkin area for that. You don't pickup your passes from the main Atlantis ticket area where regular guests buy their tickets. You have to walk through the atlantis to get to where you need to. We got lost maybe 2 times, and kept having to ask around. We eventually found it, but did waste a little time.

Ok, interesting. I guess that would be a gamble, but I would guess during the off season your chances might be better.
Most of the year they will sell walk-up passes. It just the peak periods when they might be sold-out. So the week or so around Easter, a few days around July 4, some of the period between Christmas and New Years. But there could also be the odd one-off day here and there when the hotel is 100% booked for a convention.

I'm holding a Comfort Suites reservation for our spring break cruise this year, but I don't think I'm likely to keep it. I'm just not sure Atlantis is worth almost $600 + food to us. It gets lukewarm reviews at best, and I'm guessing during spring break the water slide lines will be long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter