How do you see your hotel room?

I can vacation at Disney three times a year staying at a moderate. Just once if delux. I choose moderate. Have stayed deluxe and value, but always come back to French Quarter.
We take other vacations and do Marriot or Hampton inn type. On out Viking River cruise next month, we opted for the least expensive cabin because on our first river cruise we found we were not in our room except to sleep.

I am definitely a room is part of the vacation experience kind of person. My husband, on the other hand, is not. Over the years, however, he finally accepted that I need a nice, fresh room to stay in or I won't enjoy our vacation. He now waits outside in the hallway with our luggage while I inspect the room because he knows that sometimes we end up back in the lobby asking for another room. I do not need luxury (although I like it- lol) but I won't stay in a room that feels dark, beat up, or worn out, even if it is clean. I look for newer hotels or ones that have been recently refurbished.

Budget minded-a hotel is a clean, place to sleep and store our stuff.

But after staying in a questionable Motel 6 when it was the last place to stay during a soccer tournament, I do have my limits.

And will now make sure to early reserve a Marriott property- for the points, with breakfast preferably. Many that we've stayed at recently were updated and exceeded our expectations.

At Disney, because of family size, we like the cabins or Port Orleans Riverside.
We are travel softball parents and we too got the Marriott club membership and love accumulating and using points. Our team, thankfully, did tend to mostly book Marriott's. But then we got into the 'stay to play' crap where the tourney had a list of places we had to stay at or pay a fine. And if we set up the room block late, all that was left was the crappy places. So we had some stays at questionable places. I think Comfort Inn maybe. And then the Myrtle Beach place.

I have to also add that we avoid the motel types with the outside walkway to your room. Stopped on way to Disney, late at night, at one of those and it was gross and scary. We were like one of three cars parked in our section. Was creepy.

I like to read reviews on trip advisor before booking or after sometimes (and like to book cancelable resies in case we cancel after reading bad reviews). If they are mostly good but a few say the hotel is worn or in need of updates, I may stick with it. But if I see roaches, bedbugs, mold, dirty or noisy prominently mentioned in reviews....then I pull the plug. It's also good to look at guest photos, not company stock photos.

I like to read reviews on trip advisor before booking or after sometimes (and like to book cancelable resies in case we cancel after reading bad reviews). If they are mostly good but a few say the hotel is worn or in need of updates, I may stick with it. But if I see roaches, bedbugs, mold, dirty or noisy prominently mentioned in reviews....then I pull the plug. It's also good to look at guest photos, not company stock photos.
I also look at reviews especially when it comes to a hotel chain that has multiple locations throughout the area I'll be staying in. You can also learn if it's just people being one way or another or if it's a legitimate concern/observation.

I love interesting hotels. I enjoy historic places or places that have a few legends or ghost stories associated with them.

Otherwise I'm fine with places like Holiday Inn Express or a newer La Quinta even though I like more luxurious places too. I want cleanliness and a decent location and nice grounds. A restaurant on the premises or next door is nice too.

Hmmm..Disney is the cheapest room as we are never in there. It's just a place to store stuff, shower, and sleep. We have stayed a both the deluxe and value resorts and found the deluxe a waste of $$$ for us. They are great hotels but not what we really need while at Disney. We do make reservations at the various hotels to enjoy their lobbies and general atmosphere.

Outside of Disney - it's all about location for us rather than amenities. I think the most I have ever spent on a hotel was while in London. We stayed at a hotel in a great location but the room was so tiny. Once again - fine for us as we were never really there except to shower and sleep. We paid for the convince of being right in central London.

Definitely depends on what's happening. If I'm on vacation, the hotel is part of the experience UNLESS we truly will be out all day, every day. Then, I'm just happy with a clean, comfortable room and breakfast.

If we are visiting family, passing through an area, etc. I'm really only interested in the hotel being affordable, clean, comfy, and again, having a continental breakfast.

A mix of everything for us. For the most part, it's a place to shower and sleep. However, it needs to be not only clean, but we don't want to walk in and feel uncomfortable. We've been in places where it looks clean but doesn't feel welcoming. So, it is a "feel" for us. Not sure I am conveying that well but it's what it is.

For us the place needs to be clean, well kept and in a decent neighborhood plus have free wi-fi for the teenager. Plus its a huge bonus if it has a continental breakfast with waffles.

At Disney we are DVC members so we stay DVC. If I'm out of points, I stay in a moderate since I'm not a fan of the values. I think they charge too much for those rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter