How do YOU think we should spend our money?

The Parkhoppers

Earning My Ears
We’re considering a couple of options and wonder what you all would choose and why.
1. Get an annual pass, take an 8 day trip, stay at a budget resort and plan several mini trips throughout the year, culminating with a big one at the end of the pass.
2. Get a 9 day ticket, rent DVC points for Boardwalk, and have one big upscale trip.
3. Make two trips: 1 4-day trip to Universal at Halloween (I haven’t been to US since 1994 and IoA since 2004). And a 5-day at WDW the next May at a budget.

All three options fall within about the same for cost, give or take a few hundred dollars. Which do you think makes the most sense?

We’re considering a couple of options and wonder what you all would choose and why.
1. Get an annual pass, take an 8 day trip, stay at a budget resort and plan several mini trips throughout the year, culminating with a big one at the end of the pass.
2. Get a 9 day ticket, rent DVC points for Boardwalk, and have one big upscale trip.
3. Make two trips: 1 4-day trip to Universal at Halloween (I haven’t been to US since 1994 and IoA since 2004). And a 5-day at WDW the next May at a budget.

All three options fall within about the same for cost, give or take a few hundred dollars. Which do you think makes the most sense?

I would definitely choose number one if you know you'll be able to take multiple mini trips! If you mean value resort by budget you could always take advantage of bounceback offers each time you stay. Otherwise, just shop the annual pass room discounts as they release them. A year of Disney sounds like a fun adventure!

I would personally do #2, have it be a long stay but more upscale, but that is because I like to take "mini vacations" at other destinations and only travel to WDW once every 2 or 3 years.

I'd probably pick option 3. I did Halloween Horror Nights at Universal last September for the first time and I loved it! If you love Halloween, it's a must and since you haven't been to Universal in several years, there should be lots of new and fun things for you to check out. Plus you'd still get your Disney fix with the 5 day trip in May (and May is a pretty decent time to visit in terms of crowds/weather).

We did #3 two years ago - loved the two trips in one year! Turns out, by the time the second trip rolled around, I had saved enough extra $$ (and scaled back US to 3 days instead of 4) to do the full 9 day DVC rental as well, but either way, we loved the two different experiences.

Since you are within driving distance and can do mini trips I would definitely choose #1.

#2.

We like vacationing other places so i personally don’t want to do WDW multiple times a year. I prefer all of my vacations to be a bit luxurious so I’m not a big value resort fan.

We do a combination of #2 and #3. Since we fly it's easier to spend 9 days total, 2 or 3 nights at Universal then swap over to Disney or the other way around depending on room rates at universal. Because of the APs at both parks I find a way to go back in the fall but this year is probably the last time I'm going to be able to pull that off.

I'd pick 3 every time. A little bit of each of Disney/Universal. I love both resorts equally, so I wouldn't even hesitate to have one decent sized trip to each in one year. Or just combining both into one big trip. I'm not one that likes to visit the same place multiple times in a row though, especially in the same year. And I'd rather visit multiple places than put all the budget towards a more luxurious trip.

I'd do #2, as if I go more than once a year WDW gets old to me. I love the parks, but perhaps I have been a few too many times.

On #3 Universal for me too is a been there, done that, bought the T-shirt and I'd be more inclined to go back to Disney than Universal, even though the HP area are pretty cool. Many people love Halloween at Universal and some big HP fans like to keep coming back.

I'm sure you will love whatever you pick. We are all so different, though, and even though it's fun to see what other's say, you know yourself and what you like best.

I'd probably pick option 3. I did Halloween Horror Nights at Universal last September for the first time and I loved it! If you love Halloween, it's a must and since you haven't been to Universal in several years, there should be lots of new and fun things for you to check out. Plus you'd still get your Disney fix with the 5 day trip in May (and May is a pretty decent time to visit in terms of crowds/weather).
I would pick #3 as well. I love Disney, but I also love Universal. Staying at one of the 3 deluxe hotels there gives you unlimited front of the line passes. Halloween is a great time to go, and DW in May is nice too.

#2 without question!

Love staying in the Epcot Resort area...that's a huge part of making a magical vacation in itself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!