How do you wait?!

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
We leave in 50 days. The dining reservations and Fast Pass are made. I'm working on touring plans. And it feels like with every day it's harder to wait lol. How do you kill the time?

Full-time job, 3 kids including a teen and a toddler, and a (very) part-time business suck the energy out of my life so the time flies right by. Note- I am not recommending this as a strategy :rotfl2:

I know what you mean though, every time I plan a trip I wish time would move faster until we get there.

Get walking exercise as much as possible.

Check packing and shopping lists, for things like medications, cooling towels, hot weather socks, quick dry shirts and shorts, etc.

Set expectations with kids and newbies. Review menus and ride plans, and possibly ride videos. Obviously this won't apply with experienced adults and older teens.

I rewatch lots of Disney classic movies, especially anything that relates to a ride.

For my daughter’s first trip I checked out the Disney’s Greatest Hits cds from our library. Volume 3 has got the song from the Pirates ride and also the Tiki Room song. Vol 2 has Small World. Being familiar with the songs got her really excited when we were on the rides and heard the songs again.

I read blog reviews of all the places we’re going... I look up menus and fiddle with ADRs... I optimize and evaluate my touring plan one million times... and mostly I just enjoy the sweet anticipation of an amazing vacation!

I sew disney stuff. Ears, purses, backpacks. Really anything that is going to make a giant mess and not get finished until the very last minute!

We leave in 50 days. The dining reservations and Fast Pass are made. I'm working on touring plans. And it feels like with every day it's harder to wait lol. How do you kill the time?

I still have FPs to make...in 9 days, so that helps. Once that happens, waiting, in a manner of speaking is easy. I'm a mom, to an 11 year old, a wife and a teacher. So there's how I wait...I stay busy! :lmao::rotfl2: My kids finish on May 24, I finish on the 29th. My son finishes on the 31st! We go to Disney on June 2nd. I'm glad I had to move our trip from the 9th to the 2nd. Gonna be super busy that week, but it'll be worth it! :woohoo:

We have 132 days of waiting to go still. And we haven’t even told the kids yet, they’ll find out on Easter. Once that happens, we’ll be doing a lot of Disney movie watching and ride video watching. Until then, though, I get sucked into these boards and stalk the dining reservation page to see if the ones I want have opened up yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter