How Does This Work?

Daxx

<font color=red>I can tie a knot in a cherry stem
We're AP holders. DW booked dates for herself and DS in early May. She got a rate of $99 for ASMO. So, we find out about the new code that came out at a rate of $74. I call WDW and talk to a really nice woman and ask if the code can be applied to our ressies. She says she'll check, then comes back to say that there aren't any more rooms at the AP rate at ASMO. Umm ... we already have the room, we just want the rate.

So, is that how it works? They won't apply the AP rate to existing ressies b/c there aren't any other rooms w/the code left? I guess I just thought that they would just apply the AP rate to the existing ressies. What is the scoop? We're new at the AP rates/codes thing and could use some info.

Thanks for any info.!

They will only apply the discount to your existing ressie if they have any more rooms available at the discounted price. That is why it is foolish to book a room that you will only keep if a code is released. While you are waiting(this happened to me) rooms that you will take at rack rate can become unavailable. After this Spring I learned to book early what I am willing to pay full price for and make changes when and if codes are released.

I learned to book early what I am willing to pay full price for

I completely agree ... which is why I don't mind that much about not getting the code.

I won't call the ressie decision foolish b/c for the last 4 Disney trips (in the last 1 1/2 yrs), DS has wanted to stay at ASMO and we've always been shut out, regardless of codes or otherwise. So, DW was thrilled to get ASMO at $99 b/c we were afraid of another shut out. So, no complaints w/the price or anything else. It's about time we got the hotel we wanted! We had no intentions of changing the hotel, even if it meant getting AP rates. After all, it's a short vaca. for us ... only 4 nights.

The extra $26/night is worth it to make our DS's WDW resort dream finally come true! He's a huge Mighty Ducks fan and that's why we wanted ASMO. We were able to request a room in that area. We're not complaining in the least!

Thanks for the information ... we'll keep it in mind for the next time.

Yep, they only allot so many rooms at the discounted rate at each resort or certain resorts. So once they are gone they are gone. YOu can keep calling back to see if someone cancels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter