How easily are Professional Internships turned into Full Time Positions?

Caleb Baker

Earning My Ears
Hello, I am currently in college working on a Computer Science Degree. Once I graduate, I plan on applying one of the Computer Science related PIs.

For those of you have done a CS PI, what are your experiences with it?

and...

For those who have done PIs, have you found it easy or difficult to find a position in your field with the company after the internship is over?

Thank you for your answers in advance!

It depends on the role your in and if there is availability to bring on another full-time cast members. More often than not, I find people getting TA's (temporary assignments) after their current PIs to stay on board.

It really depends on the team and their availability/desire to bring on new roles. I'm not in Computer Science, but is a tangentially related role.

I was able to go full time with my same team after my PI.
Of our last 5 interns, all 5 are full time with Disney - 4 with our same team, and one who moved to an area more in line with their interests.

Past roommates though knew going in that they weren't going to go be able to go full time with their team. I don't know when it was discussed, but it was just how their teams operated.

I've seen a bunch of different paths to full time. Some go straight from intern on Friday to Full Time on Monday. Some leave and then return when a position opens. Some move into parks roles so they can stay with the company while searching.
If you want to stay with the company, be sure to be open with your leader about that and be actively searching for applicable roles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts