How fancy is Il Mulino?

Stuarotra

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are planning a dinner at Il Mulino. We will be in the parks during the day. Is this a place we need to dress up or is park attire acceptable? We have never been. We have eaten at Shula's and Kimono so we dressed nicely for them but it was a non park trip. I was just wondering if Il Mulino was similar?? Thanks!!

In my experience yes, it is similar to Shula's and Kimono in that people are usually more dressed up, that said, you will not be turned away in park clothes, as long as you conform to the usual signature dining dress requirements. Enjoy, we love Il Mulino.

When we've eaten there, we're typically "dressed" but it's really only because we stay at the Swan often and dinner is after we get back to the hotel, shower and relax for the evening. We've seen parties there at times also dressed in park attire and no one blinks an eye.

Last edited:

Another option is to eat dinner in the bar/lounge area. It's a bit more relaxed and you can still order from the full menu.

My husband and I are planning a dinner at Il Mulino. We will be in the parks during the day. Is this a place we need to dress up or is park attire acceptable? We have never been. We have eaten at Shula's and Kimono so we dressed nicely for them but it was a non park trip. I was just wondering if Il Mulino was similar?? Thanks!!
Il Mulino is more Kimono than Shula's - more people arrive directly from the Parks.

Just have husband wear a shirt with a collar. You can buy a new dress (I give you permission).

I really wouldn't consider Il Mulino "fancy." I'd avoid beachwear and gym attire, but a neat short-sleeved shirt and shorts wouldn't be a problem. Use your best judgment, and I suspect you'll be fine. You won't feel uncomfortable or out of place.

I don't think Il Mulino is fancy, and if you arrive in park clothes you will be fine. I tend to dress a little but that is because we always return to the room before going to dinner. If I did nto have time I woudl nto give it a second thought.

You'll be fine. I wear sundresses to the parks, but I have definitely gone from Illuminations straight over many times. The guys I've been with have been in nice shorts and collared shirts, but just what they'd wear to the parks - linen usually. You'll be just fine and will have a delicious meal. Their limoncello is excellent, but I'm pretty slutty for a limoncello - I'll take one anytime, anywhere...lol.

I find that people dress a bit fancier at the more upscale Swan/Dolphin restaurants due to the business/convention crowds. As PP's have said, your DH may want to plan to wear nicer shorts and a polo and you might want to consider a sundress for the day. This is our typical attire when we are park touring and a signature without stopping at the resort to change in between.

I always just wear shorts and whatever t-shirt I have on. Only dressy place at WDW is Vickie and Als

You will be golden :).

Sandy and I go to Il Mulino, the BEST Italian restaurant on property, every trip. Twice per year, 8 years. THIS is a VERY GOOD Italian Restaurant. No DDP, TIW accepted.

I tend to wear a light summer sport coat, and jeans. But we have seen every manner of attire. CLEAN park attire without "I eat human babies" T Shirts? PERFECTLY OK :).

You picked a GREAT Signature Restaurant :).

We have gone to Il Mulino and Kimonos in shorts and t-shirts (no graphics on them, plain solid color) and fit right in. Sure you'll see the people that were at conventions, but you're right in between to two parks so it is completely acceptable to go in shorts. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!