How far of a walk is it from BCV or BWV to Epcot?

dtndfamily

Is there any way to move Pennsylvania closer to WD
I am new to DVC and I am thinking about staying at either BCV or BWV for our next trip. I have heard several people say that they walk from either to Epcot and to MGM. I have two younger children and would like to know what I am getting into before I suggest to my DW that we walk it. Any input as to distance and/or time estimates is appreciated.

That can be pretty dependant on where you are staying in each resort. BCV will be a very short walk to the International Gateway, but you will have to walk all the way through World Showcase to get to Future World if you go before 11 AM. BWV will be about a 12-15 minute walk or more if your room is on the far end of the resort. MGM will be about 12-15 minutes from BWV (again depending on where you are), and BCV will be about 20+.

It's about 5 minutes from BCV and maybe 8-9 minutes from BWV, depending on where you start from. The BCVs are on the EPCOT side, while the BWV are at the far end of the resort, but there's really not much difference. I would not walk to MGM, as it's about a mile from either resort with no shade. However, there's a boat that my family really enjoys, and the bus, of course.

It is a very pleasant walk from either resort to Epcot :)

We also prefer to walk home from MGM after Fantasmic. which we find quicker than the boat.

We enjoy the walk home from MGM at night also. In the heat and humidty of the daytime we always take the boat to MGM, but on a beautiful, starry night the walk is rather lovely. You stroll leasurely along a beautiful waterway with gorgeous hotels all around you, the Tower of Terror in subdued lighting behind you and Spaceship Earth all glittering in front of you. What's not to like?
We walk to Epcot almost all the time. Even from the fartherest room at BWV the walk to IG is about 10 mins. The walk is along the boardwalk to the bridge and go right, it is a very pretty walk. The walk from BCV is even shorter. The walk from IG does not require walking all the way through WS. When you enter WS you are in UK, hang a left and pass through Canada. You will see a curved pathway leading to the rose gardens to the left (just past the bathrooms and McD fry stand) that takes you right to the big fountain in FW. You completely bypass 99% of WS.

spiceycat said:
how old are you children?

They are 5 and 4. I think we will still be using strollers, so it wouldn't be bad for them. We may try the walk and see how it goes. It sounds like a lot of people really enjoy the walk at night. I can imagine that it is more enjoyable than waiting in line for the other transportation.

Our kids are 6 & 3... They enjoy the boat to MGM as much as any ride! The walk to MGM would likely be a hassle on a hot, sunny, Orlando day, but fairly civilized at night. Walking to EPCOT is no problem whatsoever from BWV.

if you are using strollers for the kids - definitely walk. however remember that kids that age will want to stop. there is a ton to look at in WDW and kids want to enjoy it all....

sometimes I think kids have the right attitude. us adults rush around all the time and never seem to enjoy the little things. WDW has alot of little things that the children will notice and want to see.

so the walk from bcv to epcot (FW) should be around 15 minutes. that is you pushing the stroller and not stopping. It can be as long as 45 minutes if you let the kids appreciate everything along the way.

from BCv walk to studios should be around 25 to 35 minutes - this is going thru BW area.

from BWV to either place it should be around 15 to 20 minutes.

We plan on buying APs for our next visit so we can come and go as we please without feeling obligated to get as much out of the park passes as possible. That will allow us to slow things down a bit and allow the kids (and ourselves) to take everything in. It sounds like the walks are very nice. I can't wait to experience them for myself. Thanks for all the info!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter