How fast can I get to WDW?

akarts

Earning My Ears
I am on a 4 night wonder in Sept. We are going to go to WDW following the cruise for 3 days. The only day they offer the pirate cruise that we will be there is Thurs...the day we get off the ship. How long does it take to get cleared and off the ship? I think I'm dreaming about getting to the pirate cruise by 10am.

Further to the link - I just wanted to add that we did the three day and we did this on a Sunday .... I have no idea what the traffic would be like on a weekday!

I assume they are talking about the Pirate Cruise at the Grand Floridian. Here is some info:

Pirate Cruise - Children will wear pirate bandanas and follow clues to search Bay Lake and the Seven
Seas Lagoon for buried treasure. They will sail to many exotic "ports of call" (Resort Marinas) to collect
treasure. At the final port of call, children will have a snack and split up the "buried treasure." Children
who are potty trained (no pullups) and ages 3-10 may attend. Lunch is provided (Peanut Butter and
Jelly Sandwich, Gummy bears, Krispy Treat and Juice box). The Pirate Cruise will be closed for rehab
from October 14 - October 31, 2002.

Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 10:00 to 12 noon
Available to all guests, Cost is $24.95 plus tax.
Reservations 120 days in advance 407-WDW-DINE

I got it from this website:
http://www.wdwig.com/grandadven.htm

The pirate cruise is a two hour trip for potty trained 4-10 year olds. They leave from GF marina at 10 am. The kids get to put on pirate "costumes" and look for buried treasure by boat. My son did it last year and loved it. Of course my other son wasn't too happy, but he is old enough now and is begging to go. Looking at the responses maybe we could do it. Thanks everyone.

Just checked the "time stamps" from my digital pictures..

On Thursday, March 20th we...

disembarked at 8:29 am (photo with Capt. Henry)
***ship docked late at Port Canaveral, disembarkation did not begin until 8:15 am! ***
found our luggage and zoomed right past customs
loaded the car at 8:39 am (photo from the parking)
inside the Magic Kingdom at 10:37 am (photo of Main St, USA)

We parked in the Magic Kingdom parking lot, did not have to wait but 5 minutes for a tram, took 5 minutes to buy an additional ticket, a five minute wait for the monorail and no wait to enter the park.

Note: The Wonder docked an hour late that morning. It think that this made all the other ships late also as the ships enter and leave port in a specific order.

akarts - We're on the same cruise with you!! Can't wait to get there!

Funny BD - usually I can catch stuff you will respond to but I didn't see that one coming.

Oh good, I thought I was going to be the only one from these boards on the ship. I'm so excited, it's hard to wait. I just keep planning...yes, I am a planaholic. I've been on other cruises, but never Disney. I just know it will be better. My husbands family (parents, sister and niece) will be with us (me, husband, DS 6 and DS 3...turning 4 on Sept 9). Hope to see you onboard!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter