How hard is it o get brunch at the Cali Grill on the 180 day mark ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
I would like to do tour in MK in the morning, 8 am to 11 am - Sunday
The do brunch at California Grill at the CR anytime from 11:45 am to 12:45 pm
I know it ends at 1 PM for ARS's - but I have read they do not kick guests out till 2 pm :)

SO how hard is it to get the ADR ?
It will be Mothers Day too !

I've only done brunch once since we usually start our trips on Monday and leave by Friday but I remembered that it wasn't super hard to grab as long as you did it as your first ADR. Also, we were just a party of 2 so that might've made it easier too.

I tried at 180 +1 for a Sunday in October a few weeks ago and did not get it (party of 2). I think I tried around 9 am. However I set an alert with one of the services and it came through within a few weeks and I snagged it. So, in short, it’s very popular. I’d put first on my list and think it’s worth being up at 6am (eastern) to try online. But if you don’t get it, don’t give up! Keep trying and maybe consider one of the services (the one I used is free). Good luck!

I booked it a few months ago for a July trip (which we've since canceled) at 180+6 or something. Logged on my ADR day around 8 am and by then most times were gone except later ones around noon, which I booked. A couple of hours later all times were gone.

Just did this for NOV 15 2020, at our 180. Now, it MAY or MAY NOT occur - but we are booked.
We already suspect that the "sort of buffet" will be shut down.

We are going next May 2021 - I am hoping and praying scientists are work together for a COVID-19 vaccine :)
That is the only way we will go to WDW - or we will move to May 2022 - when either there is no trip to WDW or we will finally have a COVID-19 vaccine

I tried at 180+3 at 7am for our September trip, no dice. I keep checking but not holding out much hope.

I recommend using the Touring Plans reservation finder if you can't get it at 180. It finally got one last week for September 13 at a good time too, 11:30.

Yes, this.
I have never been able to get it at the 180 mark but caught it twice using reservation finder. And that was for groups of 4 and 6.

Unfortunately the group of 6 was for this past Mother’s Day so I didn’t get to use it. Though I had confirmed it way back in January so it wasn’t a Coronavirus fluke reservation.

So definitely register for reservation finder and be quick when you get the alert for availability.
Good luck!

I’ve always been able to get it at our 180 day (we usually stay for a week so 180+7). I always make it priority #1 when it’s our ADR day!

I've been successful 3/5 times I've tried, the misses were in February 2019 December 2019. I just booked for November 2020! Two of our trips, we booked 2 different Sundays and the first Sunday only had reservations close to 1:00pm where as the second Sunday would have earlier times as well as later times. Makes me think it's easier to get later times.

I'm not sure why they don't do Saturdays as well, seems like it would be a no brainer but I'm sure there's a reason.

I tried at 180+4 for mid september and couldn't get one. I have an alert that's been set ever since and it's never come up

I would like to do tour in MK in the morning, 8 am to 11 am - Sunday
The do brunch at California Grill at the CR anytime from 11:45 am to 12:45 pm
I know it ends at 1 PM for ARS's - but I have read they do not kick guests out till 2 pm :)

SO how hard is it to get the ADR ?
It will be Mothers Day too !
Very. CGB does not open at 180 (at least it did not for everyone waiting on Mother's Day ADRs this year). I tried booking it for this past Mother's Day and could not do it, checked every day. My FiL contacted someone at Disney who got it for him - who? I have no clue. He told me that it was his Disney vacation planner (and here I had thought that was me ;)), direct from Disney. They were staying at the BW but not CL so I have no idea who it was.

I was able to book it for November at our 180+2 day mark a few weeks ago for a party of 3. I didn't realize that reservations opened at 6 so I set my alarm for 7. Oops. I was able to get it, though times were limited. We ended up with 12:20 I think

Should I ask my Dreams Travel agent try to get the ADR for me at Cali Grill for Mother's Day 2021 ?
Would they be able to get it better than me, the little consumer ?

Call me surprised, but I was just able to book it for July 5th. Who knows if my trip will even happen, but I now have dinner on the 3rd and brunch on the 5th😁 I decided I deserve the Dlx dining plan after being stuck at home all this time and still working full time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!