How hard is it to get in and out of Disney Springs?

Bethany10

DIS Veteran
I'm not sure that this is the correct board, but it's not a park question per se.

We're coming in for a Universal trip, and have never been to Orlando. I'm the only Disney nut in the family and really want to try a dole whip. I was going to try and stop at Disney Springs to get one (we will have a car) on my way to Publix to get our supplies for the week. I know parking is free, and I suspect I'll wind up wandering a bit but really I'd be going for the dole whip. Is this even worth doing for such a short in and out?

I had also hoped to drag the family back to DS for dinner one night, and putter around. We will have 5 days in Orlando and we don't want to do 5 park days. Am I better off just saying forget it I'll get one when we go as a group and have more time there?

It's not that hard to get in and out of if you approach from the correct direction. Use the Epcot Center Drive exit off I-4 (either direction) for less traffic. Approaching via Hotel Plaza can be pretty congested and snarled. DS does take some time to get around though. If you have the time for a couple of visits can be worthwhile, but if you are already planning a dinner visit, maybe just hold off on desert at the restaurant.

Parking is a breeze in the new garages. There are signs at the end of the rows indicating how many open spots, and little green lights in the ceiling right over the open spots. You can be parked in minutes.

Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt on 192 has Dole Whip. I’m not sure if Dole Whip is sold at Disney Springs - other than in Magic Kingdom it can be found at the Polynesian resort as @Magical2017 noted.

ETA:
It can be found at DSprings:
3. Marketplace Snacks – Disney Springs. Not heading to the theme parks? No worries. Marketplace Snacks located directly across from Marketplace Co-Op at Disney Springs also has Dole Whips on offer. Soft serve is available in pineapple, vanilla or twist for $4.49 or as a float for $5.49 or 1 snack credit.

Last edited:

I was wondering the exact same thing about parking at DS. I will be driving there on our first full day in Orlando (just my daughter and I).
I see on Google Maps there are LOTS of parking lots and garages, but are they often full or will parking be ok during the daytime?

It's not that hard to get in and out of if you approach from the correct direction. Use the Epcot Center Drive exit off I-4 (either direction) for less traffic. Approaching via Hotel Plaza can be pretty congested and snarled. DS does take some time to get around though. If you have the time for a couple of visits can be worthwhile, but if you are already planning a dinner visit, maybe just hold off on desert at the restaurant.

Parking is a breeze in the new garages. There are signs at the end of the rows indicating how many open spots, and little green lights in the ceiling right over the open spots. You can be parked in minutes.
When you say to use Epcot Center Drive, I assume (at least looking at Google Maps) that you would then move onto East Buena Vista Drive?? You can't get to the parking directly from Epcot Center, right?

upload_2018-7-13_0-9-50.png

When you say to use Epcot Center Drive, I assume (at least looking at Google Maps) that you would then move onto East Buena Vista Drive?? You can't get to the parking directly from Epcot Center, right?

View attachment 336636
The easiest thing to do is follow the overhead signage to Disney Springs. They don’t give you road names - they direct drivers to specific locations.

Follow the signs to DSprings and then decide on Lime Garage or Orange Garage. The parking garage has digital signs with the # of parking spaces that are open and each open space has a lit green light to signify it’s available.

It's a breeze to park there and I've never had an issue finding a parking spot. If you really want in and out, locate where you are going and which parking garage is closer. It is more spread out than many think.

View attachment 336636
Exactly. I actually said to use that exit, because, if you use the Westbound I-4 exit and the new access road to is open, you can drive right into the garage. Google maps is routing you that way in your shot, but the new access wasn't open yet when I last was through a few months back. If you are coming Eastbound I-4, or if the new ramp is still not open, you would exit onto Epcot and then follow the signage onto EBV Drive to access DS. Note that the East Garage (can't remember if that's Lime or Orange) is closer to the Dole Whips, but it is a nice walk from either. (ETA: Looked it up, it's the Lime garage)

That was actually the strange thing for us on the last trip. We had DTD memorized. With all of the changes, we kept on getting lost and turned about, only to suddenly spot a familiar landmark and regain our bearings. It now seems both bigger but more compact and walkable at the same time if that makes any sense. I think the Imagineers are using their full bag of tricks there to make that happen.

Dole Whip isn't sold in Disney Springs. You will have to go to a park (AK or MK) or The Poly resort.

Dole Whip isn't sold in Disney Springs. You will have to go to a park (AK or MK) or The Poly resort.

Unless it has changed they have been selling at Marketplace Snacks in Disney Springs. Just no flashy sign.

Also if it is the only thing you want at DS, it may be much easier to go to POP Century where you can park close to the food court and get one.

Marketplace-Snacks-in-Downtown-Disney.jpg

Unless it has changed they have been selling at Marketplace Snacks in Disney Springs. Just no flashy sign.

Also if it is the only thing you want at DS, it may be much easier to go to POP Century where you can park close to the food court and get one.

Marketplace-Snacks-in-Downtown-Disney.jpg

Wait- POP has Dole Whips!?!?!? Now I’m even more excited for my stay there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter