How hard will it be to get good ADR's?

angelisagemini

Earning My Ears
We're trying to plan our first family trip to WDW. Woohoo! I've been once for dance team nationals, but spent most of that time trying to not puke from nerves. :lmao:
We are aiming to have a loose plan and a go with the flow attitude, but we really want some character meals.
Here's my question. DH is active duty military and has never gotten his leave approved more than about three weeks ahead of time. So I can't book 180 days out...it'll probably be more like 14 days. Is everything going to be gone? Should we only go during value times in hopes they will have openings?

We're trying to plan our first family trip to WDW. Woohoo! I've been once for dance team nationals, but spent most of that time trying to not puke from nerves. :lmao:
We are aiming to have a loose plan and a go with the flow attitude, but we really want some character meals.
Here's my question. DH is active duty military and has never gotten his leave approved more than about three weeks ahead of time. So I can't book 180 days out...it'll probably be more like 14 days. Is everything going to be gone? Should we only go during value times in hopes they will have openings?

I think it will depend on when you end up going...depending on the season it may be awful or not too bad. I would recommend being flexible with your choices & times and you will probably do fine or you might want to consider QSDP. We used it back in Oct and it was great! Thanks to your husband & family for your service!

Even during the slowest of times, character meals may be difficult to get, especially any of the ones in the parks. We frequently travel to WDW in the slow periods and the character meals are pretty packed.

There may be pixie dust for you as there is always cancellations. Just look every day once you have your dates. Also, there are a few that are usually easier to get. Cape May Cafe breakfast is hardly ever full. Also, there is one at Swan/Dolphin (not on dining plan). 1900 Park Fair at the GF is another one that might have a good chance.

There will always be something available (maybe not the more popular ones) but did find a bunch of places with dinner times. I will tell you this, 6 days before our scheduled arrival date there were a bunch of blocks of restaurants available even at some of the popular places which Disney had put on one day around 4:00 in the afternoon. Im not sure why they waited to put them all online at once like they did but just telling you my experience. There were also last minute cancellations so i was able to get Chef Mickey on our arrival date for 5:00 instead of the next day which i originally had. I always checked all day long but decided one afternoon to take another peek around noon and what do you know Chef Mickey for our arrival day popped up.:goodvibes
As long as you are willing to be online alot throughout the days leading up to your trip, you will luck out. You never know when people are going to cancel a meal and you never know when Disney is going to add more times for some of the popular places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter