How Have the Crockett Boone Busses Been Running?

Andrew_Lubow

DIS Veteran
Last October when I was at Ft Wilderness there were entirely different bus routes at the campgrounds then there are now. The Chip and Dale busses were eliminated and the Crockett and Boone became the only buses now running (except for the AK/Blizzard Beach Bus) is what I've gleaned from the boards. How are they running? Slow? Overcrowded at peak times? What should I expect when I'm at the campgrounds the first week of December?

Talking to a friend of mine that just got back.They had no problems with the buses.....

We just got back a few hours ago !! We stayed at Boardwalk, but last night my two boys insisted that we do dinner at Trails End Buffet, and then go to the Campfire. Yes Crocket and Boone were running, but we waited 20 minutes for both the bus to pick us up at the Wildeness Outpost, and the return trip. Several couples at the Meadows Bus Stop were absoultely livid that they had waited so long. tails End was still good, but service was Sloooowww. The campfire has a new gal for the sing-a-long, and she did a great job getting the place hopping !!! My hat is off to her, Great Job !!!

We went last May and the bus route change was a major disappointment. The wait times were much longer than we have ever experienced, and the travel time to and from the 900 loop (our favorite) was extremely long. The FW experience has certainly been adversely affected by this reduction in service. We're going back this January (I'm addicted), but I'm not looking forward to standing in the cold waiting for the bus connection after park closing.

We just got back today. Anyone who waited only 25 minutes at night was lucky! The Boone and Crockett busses were fine in the morning. At night we waited and waited. One night after the campfire show, we waited almost 50 minutes. The first bus that showed up had no room at all. The next was standing room. At the TTC one night, we watched 3 or 4 busses change their sgns from FW/WL to Downtown Disney. Also the timing seemed to be off. We'd see three busses headed to the TTC and none into the campground. Then the reverse would happen. All of our nights turned out to be late because of the busses. After several trips, we will not stay at FW again unless a golf cart is in our budget!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter