How is Disney land and DCA in last week of Jan ist of Feb?

Camping Griswalds

DIS Veteran
We are considering going then. We are from MD. Totally know how to handle WDW, but Disney land would be brand new! Mostly geting ideas for weather and crowds....thanks!

Crowds are typically low, except for weekends, which are always crowded. It's also our rainy season, and when it rains here, it tends to last not only all day, but for days. Storms come in one on top of another.

Thanks!

We're looking into going in 2008....I know a long way off, but it will take us that long to save up!!

Is it better to go in March? Kids always have one week off last week of Jan, and one week off last week of March....or there is always summer too...what do you think?

March would be drier and warmer, but also, more crowded, especially if it would be towards the end as you might be there during some spring breaks. Summer would be more crowded and a lot warmer (ok, hot).

My family went in Late Jan/early Feb of 2005 and it was heaven! The crowds were very low and the weather was fabulous (high 60's/low 70's). Of course weather is always unpredictable, but it was great for us. We went again in early April, 2005. It was very crowded (not summer-like crowded, but too much for us). It was also much warmer - lower to mid 80's.

Late March is always somebody's spring break. Yes, the chance of better weather increases then, but so does the chance of larger crowds. If it's low crowds you want, go in late January.

I'm confused about March as well. It sounds like it's off-season in CA whereas it's a time to completely avoid in WDW. :confused3

Our "March Break" falls on the second week of March. However, from previous posts it looks like local CA Spring Breaks fall anywhere between the last week of January to the end of April. Can someone tell me how the first week of March at DL is? Or is it better to go in May/first week of June? We're looking at 2007. Weather really isn't a factor. We're from Canada, and we'd be in our bathing suits no matter what :sunny:

I'm certainly not an expert on local CA spring breaks, but I do know that many schools are year round, meaning that on any given day, a large group of children are on vacation. I also know that the week of President's day is very crowded, as the PP's link shows.

As for late May/early June, you'll have to look at the grad night schedule, as DL closes early for those. I would also have to assume that it's much more crowded by then, as some schools may be out for summer already.

With that said, for 2007, be sure to look when Easter is, as spring breaks are often within a two week radius either before or after Easter.

Early March would probably be good, as schools are back from Presidents' day, but not out for spring break. Many colleges are out for spring break in March (hence the rush on WDW), so that might increase numbers a bit. I would look at what hotel bookings look like for early or mid March 2006. That might give you an indication of what that time of year is like.

Good luck with your plans!

camouseketeer said:
I'm certainly not an expert on local CA spring breaks, but I do know that many schools are year round, meaning that on any given day, a large group of children are on vacation. I also know that the week of President's day is very crowded, as the PP's link shows.

Early March would probably be good, as schools are back from Presidents' day, but not out for spring break.

Another really silly question... As I'm Canadian, I'm not familiar with your President's Day holiday. I gather that it's actually a week off for Americans based on the "to avoid" times both at WDW and DL. Does it fall on the same day each year? Or is it always the second last Monday? Could someone tell me when it is next year (2007)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter