How is it to Have Two in your Party

fostrmom2mny

DIS Veteran
Using the ECV's? The last time I went to WDW I rented the little electric scooters and was able to see and do so much more! I have tried and tried to get my DH to go to WDW with me, but he doesn't fly. (EVER!!)

Well, I allowed him to buy a tractor, with the understanding that we would negociate a compromise. He bought it without knowing what I was going to offer, so he's pretty mugoing to WDW with me, without much choice. :rotfl2:

His mobility has decreased and I know he'll need a scooter as well, so I'm just wondering what other's experiance in having two in your party, or your party of two where both are using the scooters?

I'm feeling a little guilty, but know that neither of us would be able to physicaly maintain our mobility for the short trip, and this may be the only time I'll every get him to go.

Thanks, guys,
Gerri

As long as you can stand up and get on the rides I don't see a problem. I have 2 dd's that can't stand so right now the teenager goes in the wheelchair accessible car and I carry the other one but that will stop one day and one will have to wait while the other one rides.

As long as you can transfer to the ride vehicles you will have no problems. We usually have 3. Me, Bonny and MJ. Quite a sight.

We have had my FIL and my DD (with a wheelchair, not an ecv).
As the others said, if you can both transfer, it won't be a problem at all. For 2 people with wheelchairs who can't transfer, some of the ride cars that take wheelchairs will hold one wheelchair, but not 2.

A few things to consider. You cannot fit two rental ECVs in any car; you will have to use Disney Transporation. The buses are limited to two wheelchairs or ECVs; if there is already one on the bus (or ahead of you on line) you will either have to split up or wait for the next bus. If yyou decise to go on any tours, make sure they are aware that both of you will have ECVs so they can handle it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter