How is the weather for a Dec cruise?

mommagoof

Mouseketeer
What are the temps for Dec time? Is it to cold to swim and do excursions or is it still warm enough? Thanks

I've cruised the 7-night cruise in December the past four years (with the fifth time for December this year) and the only place where we had one cool and rainy day was Castaway Cay. All the Caribbean ports were warm and comfortable. In CC the water was too cool for me to swim, but plenty of other people were in the water.

If you are on the Wonder, it can be a bit cooler in Nassau/Freeport during December.

And I have been right there with Michelle on two of those December cruises with number three comming up. (first DCL was in April) For those of us not blessed to live in a warm climate like California the water at CC was great! Heck it was warmer than cape cod is in August! Depends on how thick your blood is! :)

Ann, we are from the Midwest and while others found the water at Castaway Cay fine in February we thought it was too cold. We are bringing our snorkel great just in case, but if it is too cold for us when we cruise in Dec. 2004 we'll just relax on the beach with a good book!

My DH won't even go in a pool on a 100 degree day unless the pool is at least 80 degrees. He would rather sit and sweat than subject himself to a "chill".

I'm with Jay. ;)

I've been in CC in SWELTERING heat when the water felt like bath water. That's the temperature I swim in. ;) My DD had no problem with the water temp last December, and I was happy to stay on the beach in the sun. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter