How late can you book for Discovery Cove?

steve_rob

Mine? Mine? Mine? Mine?
We're going back to Orlando next October and want to do Discovery Cove this time. However, we're worried about what the weather is going to be like as we really want to go on a sunny day.

If we leave the buying of the DC ticket until we're there, is there a chance it will have sold out already?

Yes, it will have sold out, 2 or 3 months in advance, plus you'd end up getting an afternoon swim time.
Showers usually happen in the afternoon. The mornings are sunny. This doesn't really matter because the swim times are done by 2 or 3pm, but most people want the early time because they are so excited.
If you go on the www.discoverycove.com web site, register, and start the booking process, the computer will let you see a color coded calendar showing which days are available. You can back out at this point without booking anything, then come back at a later time and check again. Don't worry, they won't spam you with e-mails after you sign up.
Start looking at the calendar and you'll get an idea of how fast the days are selling out. It's hard to judge right now because it's winter and only Sundays and Thursdays are gone. But as we move towards the summer months, you'll see days sell out.
I wouldn't worry about the weather that much, you can't control it.

I booked the beginning of Nov. for June and got an afternoon swim....amy

Thanks for that. Now that I've looked on the calendar (I didn't know that existed) I think we'll probably need to book in July / August for October as dates are only filling up two months in advance at the moment.

Interestingly, when I queried our dates it only offered "Early PM 1:00 to 4:00" as a swim time. This happened for every one I tried in October. I can't see that they have sold out of mornings already and can only assume they only do afternoon swims in the fall / winter months.

I also booked on line and all that came up was afternoon. We booked 7 months out. Maybe I should call direct to see if there is morning. thanks..amy

When I called Discovery Cove the girl told me that it's first come first serve, she didn't know why all that was shown available online was the afternoon. All the dates I looked at only showed 1:30-4:30 swims online. Hope this helps. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter