How Late Do Buses Go Between Parks?

dozermusic

Mouseketeer
If Epcot closes at 9 and Animal Kingdom at 1030, when would they stop running the bus between them?

I was hoping someone with more recent experience might chime in. But, since you haven't gotten a response, I'll comment. Note: This is based on how Disney Transportation worked when I was a Cast Member about 10 years ago. It's possible it changed...but I seriously doubt it.

Disney Transportation between theme parks is provided until after closing of the last theme park. So, if Magic Kingdom closes at midnight, you'll be able to get a ride back any of the other theme parks after midnight, even if that other park closed at 8pm. This set-up is done to encourage people to use the Park Hopper option.

As the night progresses and fewer people need to get places via Disney Transportation, the wait time for a bus might increase. On rare occasions, you might end up on a van driven by a Cast Member.

I was wondering about this too since I'd like to take the boat over to HS from Epcot and leave the car parked at Epcot. The problem is Epcot will be closed by the time we are done at HS so I was worried about how we'd get back to our car. I hoped there would be a way.

I was wondering about this too since I'd like to take the boat over to HS from Epcot and leave the car parked at Epcot. The problem is Epcot will be closed by the time we are done at HS so I was worried about how we'd get back to our car. I hoped there would be a way.
As long as buses are still taking Guests from the park to their resorts, they will also take you to another park to get your car. If the park you're leaving has been closed for a while (as when coming out of a restaurant you entered just before closing), you should talk to a Transportation cm; they may put you on a bus which will drop you at your destination after going to a nearby resort.

I would park at the car at the park that is opened the latest... So I would park the car at HS, an use the boat to take you down to Epcot... then again use the boat to get back to HS, and this way at the end of a long day, you have much less of a hassle getting back to your car...

I was hoping someone with more recent experience might chime in. But, since you haven't gotten a response, I'll comment. Note: This is based on how Disney Transportation worked when I was a Cast Member about 10 years ago. It's possible it changed...but I seriously doubt it.

Disney Transportation between theme parks is provided until after closing of the last theme park. So, if Magic Kingdom closes at midnight, you'll be able to get a ride back any of the other theme parks after midnight, even if that other park closed at 8pm. This set-up is done to encourage people to use the Park Hopper option.

As the night progresses and fewer people need to get places via Disney Transportation, the wait time for a bus might increase. On rare occasions, you might end up on a van driven by a Cast Member.

This is correct! As a "retired" WDW Bus Operator, as long as there is a theme park open, you can get pretty much anywhere. If you parked your car at DAK, and closing down MK at 02:00, just get in the park to park transfer line at the MK bus loop. If you wait longer than 20 minutes, just talk to any bus transportation CM. The later it gets, the longer the wait CAN be, it all depends on staffing and how many busses are in service. Hope this helps!!

This is correct! As a "retired" WDW Bus Operator, as long as there is a theme park open, you can get pretty much anywhere. If you parked your car at DAK, and closing down MK at 02:00, just get in the park to park transfer line at the MK bus loop. If you wait longer than 20 minutes, just talk to any bus transportation CM. The later it gets, the longer the wait CAN be, it all depends on staffing and how many busses are in service. Hope this helps!!

I used to train the Disney Reservation Center Cast Members. This is one of those questions that only came up occasionally. It's nice to see that our information is same as what actually happens out in the real world!

I used to train the Disney Reservation Center Cast Members. This is one of those questions that only came up occasionally. It's nice to see that our information is same as what actually happens out in the real world!

It is shocking to hear that other positions actually have correct info, and its nice they are giving out the correct info! I spent a good portion of my time as a driver correcting the wrong or out dated info to guests so they didn't waste time if there was a faster route somewhere. Plus, I was always told "If it came from a Bus Driver, it must be true."!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter