How long before DVC and all of WDW is shut again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you consider that Texas, in 2017 & 2018, saw over 10K deaths from the flu, you really have to ask why the draconian measures for 3K deaths from Covid. ALL life is valuable and I am not brushing that off, but the facts are the more people in a state of 29 million die in car accidents each year and many more from the flu than this virus. And when TPTB openly admit that all deaths are being labeled as Covid, even when they are not, we are not even sure that those 3K are truly related to the virus. I am confident that many, many more have antibodies and immunity than we think.

You understand this is more impactful right? Texas was not really impacted for the first 4-5 months of the years. It was not until more recently that cases started to go up and you are seeing an uptick to deaths unfortunately. The flu claim is like 4+ months old at this point and was politically motivated and has sense subsided nationally because the people spouting it look foolish.

What is crazy is how you don't connect your previous post with this one. You talk about 12 months of car related deaths to a 6 month span (which is going up not down) in COVID19 related deaths (sorry that either you are slightly clueless about how that is a completely incorrect comparison to make or you have some underlying bad motivation for spreading mis-information). This is not to blame you but to outline the reason for those media reports is to try and get through to all the people you misinform (likely on a daily basis).

Texas has had a larger surge of cases since mid-june which lines up with the early-july increase in deaths. Hopefully it goes down but people need to take it seriously and do their part. What is not helpful is when people act like nothing is happening. Also no this does not mean you need to lock yourself in your house the next 12 months.

but that does not mean everybody is going to die from it.
Mortality is not morbidity.

HPV took years to associate to cancer. Polio's survivors had immediate identifiable morbidity. COVID-19 has some immediate morbidities being identified and may have longer term impacts.

The flu is a bad comparison.

I am not sure if Disney could stay open if cases are linked to theme park visits. I had a trip planned for end of August... I have postponed it now for two reasons... one the Canadian border is closed to US travel, and 2.. even if it were open, I don't like the level of cases in Florida right now. It will need to come down to a reasonable level before I will actually travel.
Our cases are very low here in Canada, I wouldn't want to be a part of undoing all the hard work we have done to achieve that, even though I miss WDW so much.

I am sorry that you feel scared. I hate that anybody feels that way. I will never tell anybody what to feel because we are all different, but I do think it is very important to remember that contagious does not equal a death sentence. It has a 99.9% recovery rate. Most people who get it have mild symptoms. People who are at-risk or elderly should definitely take extra precaution. And of course if people are scared they should stay home if it brings them peace.

I think all of us have to realize that Covid is going to be around just like the flu, strep, bronchitis, etc. The infection rate is higher, but that does not mean everybody is going to die from it. Media of all sorts make money off of the emotions of people; fear and worry. It causes us see "facts" through the lens of emotions. I stopped listening to MSM and started listening to surgeons, Immunologists, Virologists and even Epidemiologists on the topic and when I heard scientific facts it brought a lot of peace and understanding. This was for both the topic of the actual virus as well as masks. They even speak to inflated numbers. Very educational.

Just as an aside, I had it already a few months ago. For me it was like bronchitis or an upper resp infection. I had mild fever for about 5 days, a cough that kept me up at night and I wheezed. My husband nor children got sick and nobody avoided me (in my house). I am in my 40s.
We have 4 family members about an hour away who have it now. They are in 3 different houses. The oldest being 93 and she is in the hospital for observation and the others in their 50s and 60s, all doing well. They are about 7 - 9 days in. 2 of them said it feels like a horrible case of the flu, the 93-year-old is miserable and the 4th one said it is giving him "potty problems", but no other symptoms.
My good friend, 68, had it and although she was in the hospital, she did not need a respirator. She went in because her husband passed a few years ago and she was alone and has diabetes. She asked the hospital to take her so she could be watched. She recovered just fine. She said the worst part was that they literally tested her every day. She equated it to a very bad case of the flu.
A co-worker, 41, had it while unable to work. She was sick with a crazy cough and fever for about 5 days. She said the worst part was the 102 fever that would not break. Once the fever broke she felt great. She said it was like a bad case of the flu.
I appreciate your encouraging words.

Mortality is not morbidity.

HPV took years to associate to cancer. Polio's survivors had immediate identifiable morbidity. COVID-19 has some immediate morbidities being identified and may have longer term impacts.

The flu is a bad comparison.

I have seen you have posted this several times now. I'm not sure what you mean by this and I don't know that this disease has been around long enough to know if there is a morbidity rate associated with it. Yes we can see the mortality rate but a morbidity rate? Not sure we have the data at this time or if its even relevant. Now if your talking about people with other chronic diseases this virus can have a negative effect to those people but if they die they are included in the mortality rate.

Please explain further what you mean, I think I must be missing something and I'm probably not the only one...thank you in advance. :cutie:

I don't know that this disease has been around long enough to know if there is a morbidity rate associated with it.

That is exactly the point. Although we have already seen that some survivors have serious cardiac or lung damage on an immediate basis. There are articles about possible brain issues as well. These are all issues with long term impact, and they are the ones we know about now.

We don't know the full extent of issues that this virus will leave behind in survivors. We don't know if there are underlying things in the asymptomatic that come out later - see the history of HPV. It took a while to understand its link to certain cancers, but initially it seemed pretty benign. Some of the initial concerns about coronavirus and brain impacts relate to those with "mild" cases, as measured in lung impact. But if it does things to your brain, this may not be benign later.

Surviving it is a start, but does not mean that having had corona won't be life-changing with health impacts.

Last edited:
You are less likely to die in a car crash then die from Covid19. 2018 reported 36,560 car accident deaths. We currently have 134,097 Covid19 related deaths and its only 6 months out of the year.
You need to read again. You did not comprehend what I said the first time. Sorry.

Let’s keep to topic of whether people believe they will shut down again vs going back and forth on statistics.

Won't shut down. Red state and Trump wants us all to put blinders on and keep going as if everything is fine. Also I honestly don't know if America could afford more shut downs. People are already outta money and outta jobs with no real relief in sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter