How long did you wait for BCV?

disneygal55

DIS Veteran
We love BCV and want to buy points there. In another post I read where a guide informed a poster that there is a one year wait for BCV! Has anyone purchased BCV from Disney recently? How long did it take? I see contracts listed on The Timeshare Store ...does anyone have experience in these passing ROFR (150 points)? We probably want to sell our SSR points and get AKV. Same questions for the selling aspect.

I requested 72 BCV points with a March UY from DVC at the end of May 2007, and the points came through less than 1 month later.

There's a thread on "DVC Operations" that tells the recent waiting times that people have had for points at sold out resorts. We just waited 1 month for 100 BCV March UY points. I just mailed the documents back yesterday.
Bobbi:goodvibes

We were waiting for 75 points at BCV (Oct UY) for over a month and just bought a 100 pt contract through resale yesterday:cool1: . What can I say...I couldnt wait!

I was also told by my guide that I probably wouldnt get the points for my UY until at least Oct of this year.

We waited a couple of weeks for our 50 pt. add on the beginning of the year - then decided on a 30 pt. one a couple of months later and waited between two and three months. (Dec. UY)

HTH

I believe that there are a few 150 pt contracts available on TTS. We bought through them and the process was pretty easy.
Good Luck,
Mike

We waited 6 weeks last year for 210 BCV points. This May we waited one week for a 30 point add on. Put youself on the wait list and get smaller contracts rather than one big one. They are easier to buy and easier to sell.

At TTS I noticed that there are only 12 BCV contracts for sale. A few months ago there were about 30!!.

I did call my guide about BCV and she did say that the wait might be long. She also said that we would have to sell SSR on our own but would send a packet with instructions. I almost feel that it would be easier to go through the Timeshare Store for both since they have to be somewhat co-ordinated. I'm just wondering if Disney is actively ROFR attractive contracts such as BCV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter