How long did your wedding trip last?

EleishebaNacht

Earning My Ears
Doing a September 2016 Disney World wedding and I was hoping some brides who have been there, done that will tell me how long they made their wedding trip and how that went for them. I've been thinking about doing a weeklong but am worried that might be too long for guests.

Hi - we were married back in October 2012; our wedding was on a Sunday and most of our guests came in on Friday. I think a week might be too long for some people; you have to remember that they will need time off of work and might have other vacation plans. I think 3 days is probably good for guests. My husband and I stayed a full week though.

My daughter's wedding is April 3 (Thurs). Just about all out-of-state guests are staying 5-7 nights. We have a good amount of Floridian guests as well and they are staying 1-2 nights. A couple are driving in just for the day. My daughter is staying 7 nights. We have a group dinner (not rehearsal dinner) with some friends on March 31 at Kona. Then we're having a meet n greet party April 2 in the evening. The wedding is at noon at April 3 and after the reception we have no formal get-togethers planned. Can't believe we're getting so close to the day!!!! Good luck & have fun planning your wedding!

Thanks guys. Most of my guests will be coming from very far away and will also have children. I'm sending out the save-the-dates soon. Mia, congratulations to your daughter and I hope everything goes perfectly!

Thanks guys. Most of my guests will be coming from very far away and will also have children. I'm sending out the save-the-dates soon. Mia, congratulations to your daughter and I hope everything goes perfectly!

Thank you! We're 30 days out. Just made the final payment to Disney this afternoon!! :cheer2:

We stayed the week before the wedding (on a Friday) and went to the parks for about 3 days, and then we had a Disney Cruise leave the next day and did a week-long cruise, so two weeks all together. People stayed different lengths, I think the majority was 3 to 4 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts