How long does it take to actually get inside MK?

mickey765

Mouseketeer
So, say I arrive at the TTC at 2pm. When do you think we would actually get inside MK? Should we take the monorail or the ferry? I would assume the majority of people are leaving the park at this time and not entering it.

People pour into the MK all day.

So a tram ride, security, then ride to MK gate...no more than 30 minutes?

I’m sure seasoned drivers will know better.

Hmmm...good questions...

I'd definitely say the monorail, as it travels much more frequently than the ferry. It's probably ten minutes tops with any wait and then travel. Plus at that time of day, security should be moving pretty fast.

I'd say you're in in 15 minutes.

If you bring no bag, your wait time will likely be nearly zero at security.

So, say I arrive at the TTC at 2pm. When do you think we would actually get inside MK? Should we take the monorail or the ferry? I would assume the majority of people are leaving the park at this time and not entering it.
it depends on where exactly you park. At 2pm you have a higher chance of being in one of the back lots. So lets say 5 minutes from car to TTC bag check via tram. The tram is not dropping you off at bag check, you still have to walk aboout 3 to 5 min depending on your speed (this is while the construction is happening there, I don't expect them to finish within the next 3 to 4 months) Then bag check should be fairly fast, lets say 5 minutes. Although monorail seems like the obvious choice, it can get stuck for whatever reason, ferry, although slower goes from point A to B without stopping. So lets say, 15 min from TTC to MK. I would say 30 minutes if everything works out perfectly and transportation is waiting for you

it depends on where exactly you park. At 2pm you have a higher chance of being in one of the back lots. So lets say 5 minutes from car to TTC bag check via tram. The tram is not dropping you off at bag check, you still have to walk aboout 3 to 5 min depending on your speed (this is while the construction is happening there, I don't expect them to finish within the next 3 to 4 months) Then bag check should be fairly fast, lets say 5 minutes. Although monorail seems like the obvious choice, it can get stuck for whatever reason, ferry, although slower goes from point A to B without stopping. So lets say, 15 min from TTC to MK. I would say 30 minutes if everything works out perfectly and transportation is waiting for you
what if we are getting dropped off? (like Uber)

It takes us about 20 min to get in. Security shouldn't take that long at 2pm at the bag check line. Anywhere from 1-5 min. If you have no bags, you can just walk through the "no bags" line.
CMs have always told us the ferry is quicker, but I don't believe them. ;-) I get a little motion sickness on the ferry, so I only take it if the monorail is down.

If you're taking Uber have them drop you off at the Contemporary, the walk to MK is less than 10 min
We're actually taking a bus (like from Port Canaveral) and they are supposed to drop us off at TTC, so where would we be dropped off at? (nevermind Uber)

It takes us about 20 min to get in. Security shouldn't take that long at 2pm at the bag check line. Anywhere from 1-5 min. If you have no bags, you can just walk through the "no bags" line.
CMs have always told us the ferry is quicker, but I don't believe them. ;-) I get a little motion sickness on the ferry, so I only take it if the monorail is down.
that's cause you have been fortunate to never be stuck in it. 2pm is an interesting time of day because depending on how busy the park is, they might be getting a new monorail on the track which will have all the other monorails waiting for about 10 to 15min.

We're actually taking a bus (like from Port Canaveral) and they are supposed to drop us off at TTC, so where would we be dropped off at? (nevermind Uber)
The bus will drop you off directly at the TTC, so from there it's walk to bag check (2-5 min) and then the same timeline as before

IMO I rather take the ferry than the monorail, I visit often (once a week) and have been stuck many times on the monorail and have never been stuck on the ferry, but it is up to you.
Thank you again! I have one last question: what do you think the time length is using the monorail vs the ferry?

Thank you again! I have one last question: what do you think the time length is using the monorail vs the ferry?
I just watched 3 youtube videos
Ferry is about 10 min
Express Monorail is about 5 min
IF when you go the express monorail is down and they are sending people through the resort monorail that is about 8 minutes

I just watched 3 youtube videos
Ferry is about 10 min
Express Monorail is about 5 min
IF when you go the express monorail is down and they are sending people through the resort monorail that is about 8 minutes
Thank you so much! You're the best!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter