How long does it take to actually get inside MK?

I just watched 3 youtube videos
Ferry is about 10 min
Express Monorail is about 5 min
IF when you go the express monorail is down and they are sending people through the resort monorail that is about 8 minutes
Unless the resort monorail is being held at the resorts, which they do when it’s slow...it took us nearly an hour to get from car to Main Street USA early one morning last September and a nearly 25 minute monorail ride was a huge part of that.

We often take the car to mk.
30 minutes would be an average assessment; it has taken over an hour with monorail stopped for traffic.

It has taken 15 minutes; this is very rare for us.
Generally, I Plan 40 mins. earlier is a bonus
Longer is clearly a bummer!!

Unless the resort monorail is being held at the resorts, which they do when it’s slow...it took us nearly an hour to get from car to Main Street USA early one morning last September and a nearly 25 minute monorail ride was a huge part of that.
Yeah, which is why i avoid the monorail. I go every Monday morning for rope drop and the only way to reach mk at that time is resort monorail (7:30am when mk opens at 9am) and yesterday was a good example of extra slow, the trip was also about 25 min.

We got there yesterday at 10:05 am. Walked into the magic kingdom at 11. We had to wait in line for 20 minutes for the bag search and another 10 at the will call window.

It also depends on what is happening with the Monorails and the ferries.

There was one time where we showed up at the TTC to find both Monorails down. Everyone was directed to take the ferries and a large crowd was already there waiting to board. We ended up being able to board the third ferry sailing after we joined the large crowd.

After we got through security and the tapstiles, it was 90 minutes since the time we had left our car and walked to the trams!

The main reason why MK is not my favorite park is the difficulty in getting there.

We usually take the ferry if it is boarding, otherwise we go to the monorail.
That is exactly correct. You have to remember the time it takes for the ferry to arrive, empty, reload, and then the travel time. The Ferry can take a long time. We usually size up both situations - ferry/monorail - and decide in the moment. At WDW, it pays to be flexible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter