How long does it take to get to USH from Disneyland area?

lotrisneat

Earning My Ears
We are planning on a Disney trip this October. This will also be our first time to USH. We are staying about 1.5 miles south of DL on Harbor Blvd. If we go to USH on a Wednesday, taking advantage of a 9:00 a.m. early entry, what time should we leave our hotel? I'd like to arrive at 8:30. I've heard horrible things about LA traffic, so I want to give us plenty of time, especially since we'll be leaving in the middle of morning rush hour. Thanks!

I can't help because we timed it wrong. Leave early.

And know that the parking structures are massive, and depending on what garage you're sent to you might have to walk alllllll the way through citywalk. Then there's getting to security. It's a whole big thing. Leave early early.

If you leave at 7am, you'll be at the parking lots by 8:30 probably 75% of the time. If you want to be standing outside the gates at 8:30, and I'm not even sure security is open that early, leave at 6:30. Figure about an hour with no traffic to drive, park, and walk quickly through CW. During rush hour, it's more like 90 minutes to drive there and parking and walking through CW could take awhile at any time, so you want to pad for that. Leaving at 7 you will miss some rush hour but also hit some and since it's rush hour and things happen there is always a chance the drive alone could be 2 hours. Leaving at 6:30 will likely have you there a little before 8am, but there really isn't anywhere between those times that you can leave to time it better with much certainty.

I second the 6:30, the drive could take 2 hours depending on traffic but there's a good chance you'll make it to the gates by 8:30 with 2 hours leeway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter