How Long Does It Take You to Get Ready

I would say our 4 of us in one room about an hour. DH & I get up first and shower then wake DS up I finish getting ready while he is in the shower, DH runs to food court to fill mugs. DD showers at night so she just does basics .

ok i will try:
Shower, Dry Hair, make up, dressing. Not making late to the parks we just dont go early!!

See I'm just wondering if she takes like a very long shower or takes an hour to do makeup?
Or does it really take her equal amount of time for everything?
Certainly not trying to pry but just thought maybe if there was one part or another that was taking longer maybe she could not take quite THAT long doing it.
It is what it is I guess. As long as its working ok for you. If you want to get to the parks earlier than what you are then you should talk to her. Maybe she could get up earlier or cut down on her time.

15-20 minutes. Shower in the evening, so when I get up, I dress, use the loo and wash, put on sunscreen and I'm ready! If I'm having breakfast in the room, budget another 20 minutes to eat some cereal or toast.

To women that shower at night.... Do you have short or long hair and do you wear it up.or down at the parks?
I have shorter hair and bangs. After I sleep on it it doesn't behave and if i spray it with some water it gets flat and stringy. If i had longer hair that just went in a pony tail and stayed there all day i could do a night shower but my hair must be freshly washed before the parks with short hair.

To women that shower at night.... Do you have short or long hair and do you wear it up.or down at the parks?
I have shorter hair and bangs. After I sleep on it it doesn't behave and if i spray it with some water it gets flat and stringy. If i had longer hair that just went in a pony tail and stayed there all day i could do a night shower but my hair must be freshly washed before the parks with short hair.

I shower the night before most of the time and blow it dry or sometimes sleep on it wet if it’s super wet. My hair is almost to my shoulders so I just pull it back in the parks, especially when we go in the summer.

To the op: I shower at night, so it usually takes me 15 minutes or so in the am. If I shower and want to blow dry my hair add 15 minites. We usually grab something quick at the resort or if we want to sit for a quiet club service meal, might take 20-30 minutes. Our last trip we did a lot of super late nights, so we all slept in and went late to the parks, so sometimes we’d just go and grab an early lunch

Not to make any issues but I think when or if you have kids becoming more efficient with her time will become a necessity. She will no longer be number 1. When you only have to worry about yourself there is really no reason to rush.

Maybe she can shower and dry her hair at night. That would probably save 30-40 minutes.

Honestly if it takes her 2 hours that is her own business. You can tell her that you want to be ready and out of the room by 7am and if she has to get up at 5:00am to get ready then that is on her. Now if she is purposely making you late then that is a bigger issue of lack of respect.

Ohhhh. The bane of my existance for a long time, lol.
My ds is slow in the am. His FP’s start at noon. I no longer stress it, just work around it.
We don’t rope drop and take a much more leisurely visit to the parks etc
I am an early riser .. typically way too early
Takes me about 20 minutes to get out the door.
I just had visitors for several weeks. One of them took at least 1-1.5 hours Every day to get ready. Crazy... it would drive me nuts if that was my Spouse

Ok we all read about RD and getting to the parks early, but i wonder how long it takes you to get ready to get to the parks. This would include eating, if you do that. When we go it takes my wife at least 2 hours to shower, make up, dress get b'fast and then get to the park. I am just wondering how long it takes others
Are you wondering how long it takes others so you can talk to you wife about not taking so long? At home it takes me about 45 mins to brush my teeth, shower, dress, eat breakfast, make my lunch and do my hair. I used to be able to do it in 30 mins but then I started wearing my hair short and blow drying it straight. I can understand why it takes her 2 hours. Shower depends on the products she uses for her hair and if she shaves everyday. Then add brushing your teeth. If she has long hair or curly hair that she blow drys straight or uses a flat iron or curling iron that takes time. My hair is barely shoulder length and it takes me 15 mins to blow dry it alone. I don't wear makeup but my daughter does. If she puts on her whole makeup routine from base, eyeshadow, mascara, lipstick and powder it can take her 30-45 mins. Some women don't feel like themselves unless they go through their whole routine. Some are able to change. You and your wife are the only ones that will be able to judge that. Every woman is different. I know when I go to Disney I will wash my hair at night so I don't have to do a full blow dry in the morning. Then I know I can be ready in 15 mins and be ready for breakfast. Good Luck with what ever you were looking for from this thread. Hopefully you got the answers you wanted.

Medium length curly hair. If I wet my hair in the morning and let it air dry, it looks pretty much the same as if I took a morning shower. Sometimes I pull the sides back, other times I leave it all down. I never do a ponytail or other all-up style.

Honestly if it takes her 2 hours that is her own business. You can tell her that you want to be ready and out of the room by 7am and if she has to get up at 5:00am to get ready then that is on her. Now if she is purposely making you late then that is a bigger issue of lack of respect.
This. Different people have different habits. As long as you both agree what time to leave, and she's not making you late, what's the main issue? Is it the fact that you end up waking up super early and can't get back to sleep because she's being noisy? Maybe you can compromise and ask her to shower at night so you can sleep a little later.

Personally I can be ready in under 10 mins - rinse face, put on sunscreen, brush teeth and hair, put on clothes. I shower the night before at parks and at home I either shower at night or after exercising.

It definitely takes me a little longer because I have 3 young kids to get ready (which only involves brushing teeth and hair and dressing). My husband probably takes the longest of all of us as he showers in the morning and spends way more time shaving and putting on various creams than I do. I’m pretty low-maintenance. I wear minimal makeup only for work and special occasions.

Anywhere from 1-2 hours, just depending how much effort I'm wanting to put in. Shower, makeup, etc. I usually skip breakfast (I know, bad thing to do) and grab coffee at the park.

I bet your wife looks amazing! If you know she takes 2 hrs maybe you get to sleep in or go early on your own or do something at the hotel until she’s ready. If she makes you sit around and wait that would be annoying.

I shower at night, have short mom hair so in am I do a quick straightening, tiny bit of makeup, dressed and done. I’m not hot tho. Hot takes time and effort. Kids are wild card. Hubs needs coffee. So I’d guess 30-60 min if we eat on the way.

We can get out the door in under an hour.
Dh and I get up first and brush our teeth. While he takes a shower, I put on make-up. (I shower the night before.)
We get dressed. Then, we get the kids up and dressed.

We usually take a portable breakfast with us and eat it while waiting in lines for buses or waiting at rope drop. For the early morning EMH, we often find we want an earlier snack in the parks, however.

45 minutes for bath, dressed, makeup and sipping coffee while crying at the earliness of the hour.

+15 minutes if I have to wash my hair.

2 hours would drive me mental! I can also cut it down to 30 minutes if I wear less makeup / shower over bath.

45 minutes for bath, dressed, makeup and sipping coffee while crying at the earliness of the hour.

+15 minutes if I have to wash my hair.

2 hours would drive me mental! I can also cut it down to 30 minutes if I wear less makeup / shower over bath.

ty for the touch of humor!!.

Since the past 2 times I went to WDW it was blazing hot, I didn't even waste time on makeup. It woulda slid right off my face anyway, and make up is too expensive to just sweat off! Plus, it's uncomfortable to wear when it's that unGodly hot out. I wake up, shower, get dressed, head to the food court, and get on the bus. Getting ready between my sister and I took an hour-hour and 15 min tops. We put more effort into our appearance for dinner so we could get dolled up and take pics inside the restaurant.

Half an hour. When we go as a family we are 3 adults and are ready in an hour. We take turns in the bathroom and eating breakfast.

The answers you get here are skewed because nobody is going to come to this thread and brag that it takes them two hours to get ready. And people who take that long probably don't even realize it because they are unlikely to be Type A clock-watchers. So if your plan is to go back to your wife and say "I took a poll and everyone else gets ready in 30-45 minutes!" I would just like to point out that your polling methods are hardly scientific. ;-)

My husband actually took longer than I did to get ready even though he was bald. But he always got up earlier than me and was ready on time so I just let it go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!