How Long Does It Take You to Get Ready

If I don't have to shower - 15 minutes tops.

Shower & dry hair & makeup - I can do it to my Disney standards in 30.

In my normal life, I get myself and 2 kids ready for work and school and out the door in 45 minutes. Many times that's with me showering, feeding kids breakfast, tracking down clothes, tending to the dog, drinking coffee, etc. I am a machine. DH leaves for work before we even get up so I have to get things done.

I always shower at night. If I packed my park bag the night before 10 minutes, tops. I'm actually quicker than DH who has to shave.

We spent 10 days at CSR last trip. I set my alarm around 5:45am last trip and got up and in the shower right away. While I was doing hair and makeup, DH would shower. We'd be done around 7:15 and walk over to the food court. We'd go back to our room when we were done eating to drop our mugs off, around 7:45-8ish. So we were at the bus stop by 8:15 at the latest. We could have moved faster getting ready and avoided the extra stop at the room by not bringing our mugs, but it all worked out fine for us.

I posted before, but I'm just back with actual experience now. I got up about 1.5 hrs before we needed to leave, Hubby up at 1 hr, kids (6,8,10) at 30-45 minutes. (My kids are sloths, especially in the morning) I took shower, laid out clothes for kids and packed backpack while DH showered and they all got dressed. By the end of the week we had it fairly dialed in but couldn't get it any shorter than 1.5hrs.

Shower (if no shaving), hair (short hair), minimal make-up (parks/hot/sweaty) and dress 30 minutes or so. Longer than that if at home and getting ready for a party, etc.

Even if we have cereal in the room - maybe another 10 minutes.

Problem is, I usually like/prefer/need to wait a few minutes after showering/drying hair to cool off and dress. We get up so early, it's usually not a problem.

I stopped trying to be a fashion model while at WDW. I went in August and it was soooo HOT. I was uncomfortable. Went back in September and only packed Nike shorts and tshirts. It was amazing. I've even traded my MM ears for baseball hats. Same for our November trip. I will only "dress up" if we are going somewhere special or taking pictures.

25 minutes to wash face, brush teeth, do make-up, fix hair, get dressed, make/drink a cup of coffee. I lay out the kids clothes the night before. My husband does his thing and then helps the kids get dressed as I am getting ready.

I remember it would take my cousin and I forever to get ready at Disney when we were in middle school and big hair was a thing - we would be dealing with curling irons and aquanet hairspray galore. Lol.

Now I just pull it back in a messy bun and throw on my mouse ears. Mascara only. Then out the door.

Just the two of us can be out the door in 30 minutes or so. But when traveling with grandkids or older parents.....all bets are off. I’ve learned to pack my patience!

I takes me about an hour to get ready, so with breakfast and to the park it would take about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. That is why I get up before everyone else and get a head start.

I usually leave an hour to get ready but that allows me to laze around and have an easy morning. We tend to have a bit of fruit or toast and some fruit juice before we head out so that means we can take time to sit around and have that. The main reason though is the suncream! I burn so easily so I've got to spend a lot of time carefully slathering it on and then letting it dry haha!

My mum is usually up hours before us though - she's definitely a morning person and is usually stuck on 'dog-time' (having to get up and let the dog out/feed her).

Ok we all read about RD and getting to the parks early, but i wonder how long it takes you to get ready to get to the parks. This would include eating, if you do that. When we go it takes my wife at least 2 hours to shower, make up, dress get b'fast and then get to the park. I am just wondering how long it takes others

If you like the look of someone who wears makeup, styles their hair, wears pressed clothes and views appearances as important (which you likely do since you married her), then you gotta pay your dues and wait for all that magic to happen. :goodvibes If you wanted to get out the door quickly, you should have married someone with a pixie cut, no makeup, with a wardrobe of t-shirts jeans and sneakers. :rotfl2:

Usually about 30-45 minutes depending on how slowly I'm dragging. I'll get up and do my hair (I always shower the night before), put on sunscreen and minimal makeup, get dressed, eat a banana and drink some water (we always grab some sort of fruit from the resort QS the night before), and then head out the door. Between all of us in the room we try to get up an hour before we want to leave to account for any waiting for shared spaces, walking to the bus or car, and grabbing something to eat if we need more than fruit.

To be fair some of us would frighten the other park guests away if we didn’t spend time on our hair and makeup :) I say this as someone who (if I shower in the morning) can take on average hour to get ready... and that does not include breakfast!

Ok we all read about RD and getting to the parks early, but i wonder how long it takes you to get ready to get to the parks. This would include eating, if you do that. When we go it takes my wife at least 2 hours to shower, make up, dress get b'fast and then get to the park. I am just wondering how long it takes others
We all shower the night before. I do very very light makeup at parks. If any. Wash face slap on sunscreen and dress. We often ate breakfast in hotel room or better yet while standing in rope drop line. It’s cooler in mornings and we just carried it with us in our backpacks. If we wanted to be at the gate at 8am I would say I got up at 6:30 and rest of family at 6:45. Usually pulling out of resort by 7:15.

If I don't have to fix my hair or shower, it takes about 30 minutes. What takes awhile is getting the kids up and dressed.
We usually take breakfast with us and eat while waiting on transportation or to get into parks. Between each other and the kids, we get up an hour earlier.

My family of four could be ready in less than 2 hours, LOL! And by a good margin, too! And that's including eating breakfast. :)

First off, when we get back from the parks in the evening, some of us usually shower because we're just sweaty and covered in sunscreen and so on. So in the morning, those of us who want a quick shower to feel refreshed after sleeping are truly taking a very fast shower. While one person is showering, another is getting breakfast ready. We all eat, and then we just keep rotating through the shower (For anyone who wants one, that is.) and getting dressed until we've all finished. We have our clothing, morning essentials, and park bag ready to go from the night before which also helps. We are not big on rushing, but with stuff ready to go, we can still be ready quickly without any stress or bother.

Last edited:
To women that shower at night.... Do you have short or long hair and do you wear it up.or down at the parks?

I do shower in the mornings sometimes, too, but if not my hair is okay. I have long, curly hair that does its own thing and typically in a hot weather situation, I put it up. So it's fast and easy to deal with. I do not blow dry it. I pat it sort of dry and let the hot temps do the rest. I am pretty low maintenance for Disney. I'm going to be such a mess by the end of the day whether I spend 15 min. or 5 hours in the morning! :laughing:

I think DD and I are closer to 1 hour to be out the door, but then we stop at the dining hall for breakfast, so 1.5 hours. I don't get all gussied up, but I do wear a tinted sunscreen and a little makeup so I don't look hideous in the photos. Everyone has their own routines. Last year I was battling psoriasis for the first time and it added extra steps. I put on my lotion and let that sink in, then I put on my psoriasis cream and let that soak in and finally, sunscreen. Let's not forget my wonky baby toes that curl under the next toe and basically get stepped on every time I walk. Those puppies need to be prepped with a little cotton and Band-aids every morning or I won't be able to do all of the walking required at Disney. My daughter sleeps longer than I do and is very slow to wake up and be coherent in the mornings, so that takes some time. Plus we lose an hour flying to the east coast, and that affects us both. Oh yeah, and we're on vacation, so I try not to stress myself or my daughter out on vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter