How many changes of clothing?

cookie2001

Mouseketeer
I'm wondering about how many changes of clothing to bring. We are going for 8 days total. My question is that if we go to the parks in the morning and then come back to the resort to swim and rest in the afternoon should I plan for another outfit in the evening . My DDs are 4 and 6. Any advice?

I would take at least two outfits a day for the kids. We always pack 2 a day for anyone under 16, and 1 1/2 a day for adults. I try to pack 2 a day for me--I always wear my food and the kids' food, too!:D

29 days to go

If you're on vacation for 8 days, I would recommend that you plan on doing laundry! Dry laundry tablets and dryer sheets pack easily in ziplock bags and are lighter than all the extra clothes you'd otherwise bring :).

If you like to buy Disney t-shirts, you can pack less than you think you will need. My DH loves to buy shirts, send have them sent back to the room and have an "instant" wardrobe for the next day.

We tried washing a couple of things out but it took a couple of days before they dried and then were stiff from no heat. We ended up doing laundry just to get by.

We pack 2 outfits a day for the kids but only pack enough for half of the days and then do laundry mid trip.

We do fine on one outfit a day - my kids are two and three.

But we traveled in Feb - so they had their jackets on a lot anyway.

I think it depends on you. I travel light - always had. Backpacked through Europe for six weeks and can pack for a week in a carryon. And I'd rather have to throw in a load of laundry than get an extra suitcase through the airport with my two small kids.

I am also planning my packing, we will gone for 10 days (Daytona Beach first, 6 days WDW). I am going to do laundry once. I am not bringing anything I don't wear at home. Previously, I would say to myself, I might wear this shirt or skirt (that I hadn't worn in over a year) then pack way too much! I am only bringing 3 pair of shorts for myself & 1 pair of capris, and 4 or 5 t-shirts & like 3 other shirts (a linen blouse & polo shirts). My husband will not wear the same pants 2 days in a row, so I'll have to pack like 5 or 6 complete outfits for him & my 2 yo DS. Plus extra t-shirts for the pool etc. and only 1 sweatshirt or jacket, that's it!
I guess this ran on, but I hope it helps. :)

I don't know about the other resorts, but at the All Stars the laundry rooms are right at the pools. You can start a load, and then go out and sit by the pool while it runs. Be sure to bring detergent and dryer sheets from home (or from WalMart when you get there), because the little boxes are very expensive. I did a load of laundry every other night, just because I hate having dirty clothes piling up.

Backpacked through Europe for six weeks and can pack for a week in a carryon.
You rock!

Seriously ... you don't know what fun is until you try to do laundry in Kyoto, Japan. Laundry at WDW is nothing ;)!

in Dec 2001 and i only packed 4 sets of shorts, 2 pair of pants, 5 shirts and 6 socks and underware for each of us and did laundry 3 times ... hope this helps Michelle oh my kids were 8 and 5

Thanks everybody!

We are going in June and will probably take a break on park days for swimming and freshening up. The idea of putting sweaty clothes back on sounds yucky. Looks like doing laundry one day is the way to go unless I want to buy more clothes and take another suitcase, not.

Originally posted by robinb

You rock!

yeah, but I also smelled a little.:o

Went out on a business trip where I was the only woman. Had packed for a week in a carryon. The guys all volunteered to help with my luggage when I was leaving for the airport (we were all in the same hotel). I said "sure" and handed them the carryon, grabbed my briefcase - which doubled as my purse - and said "lets go."

If they weren't so macho they would have fainted. I think if they weren't all married, I would have been proposed to on the spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter