How many days away before you start packing?

I think I started at least planning and gathering stuff as soon as I started planning and we go in 5 days!!!! I have most of it pulled out but not actually in the bags yet. I'm going on a girls trip this time, all adults, so I know there will be shopping!!! Must maximize m space!!!! That take a lot of advance planning, right? I even made a list of souvenirs and prices too....I'm just saying.

For our next trip I had a master list of daily outfits for everyone by 4 months out. Actual packing won't happen until the day before.

:mickeyjumPlanning is half the fun! About 3 months out, I put the bathroom over the door organizer up in my closet and start buying toiletries, sunscreen, ponchos, etc. we have about 14 Disney t shirts between the two of us so they get washed ironed and ready to go about two weeks out. I love new undies and socks for a trip so I throw those in as we go. :rolleyes1Our Disney backpack for everyday use is out about a month before so I can smile everyday as we fill it up w phone chargers Chapstick etc. we order Garden Grocer over 30 days out so you can get the incredible discount so we start bagging up little things to take to go with the food, like sweetner packets, coffee, filters, little mustard packets.

Two days before, everything gets ironed rolled and packed since I am too excited to sleep! Our carry on gets bathing suits, sunscreen, book, hat for hanging by the pool awaiting the room ready text.

We are at 12 days now and I am already so excited!

I have a big plastic tub with stuff for disney. I never REALLY unpack my suitcase from the year before since I wash clothes on my last day of vacation and repack my suitcase.:rotfl2: But I have to do through it and see what is going this year, what no longer fits and the new things I bought need to be matched up with what I have. Now for my little ones, DD13 and DS4, they need a lot of new stuff since the majority of their clothes from last year don't fit anymore. This weekend starts the month of July and I will have 3 full weeks to get everything together so I will start at what will be about 25 days out.

We also have a Disney kit ready. We just put on magic bands. Throw our prechosen clothes in the luggage and off we go.

I leave a week from today.

My suitcase is about 90% packed (there are a few outfits that I want to take with that I need to wear between now and then).

I am never 100% packed until moments before we leave: last thing I put in the suitcase are my toiletries, makeup, etc.

My park bag/carry on is mostly packed. Last minute things (iPad for flight, phone, camera, etc) go in the night before we leave.

I have my "look book" all written out and checked off as I pack. That started about three weeks ago.

Long story short: I start planning what I am going to take a few months out, then start the actual packing process about a week before I leave. But don't actually finish packing until right before I leave for the airport.

Our trip is just around the corner, only 486 days away:sad:. Going 2nd week of December 2017. It will be our first time going during Christmas season.

Our trip is just around the corner, only 486 days away:sad:. Going 2nd week of December 2017. It will be our first time going during Christmas season.
We went during that time this past December and loved it!! We initially planned waiting two years, but we just couldn't and returned again in May :D ... and will be back again for the Halloween and Christmas season in a few months. THAT'S how much we loved it this past Dec.

We are 35 days out and I've pulled out the suitcases and started putting stuff aside. Unfortunately, I won't be able to pack a vast majority of it until we draw closer, as I can't pack the clothes until about a week out and can't finalize packing of some toiletries until morning we leave. I can pack my business suits now, as I am being forced to leave a day and a half early to go to some business meetings, but I have to leave those hanging as I don't want to get them wrinkled. So instead I'm going through the kids' clothes to start to plan what is worn when so we don't clash. Gives me something to do. :)

I believe I'm going to start packing around a week before. Everything should be able to be packed except the morning essentials! I want to make sure I have time to triple check that I have everything!!

I make my packing list about a month out, then about two weeks ahead of time, I pull my suitcase out and start gathering things I'll need but that I won't use at home. I'm totally packed except for makeup and other toiletries by the night before.

I am about 2 weeks out and, i have just started looking at what i should bring, but since this is a short trip 4 days, i get everything together 2-3 days before wash everything about a day before and pack it all up the night before, just always have dont it this way, besides if i forget a shirt or a pair of shorts can always re wash shorts and buy a new shirt

I already have a suit case down in Orlando. I have family down there and when he canoe home to visit in April I sent a suit case down with him. I am moving the day we get back from are Disney trip so I am packing now and hopefully will done by next week. 2 kids and 2 adults. Boy do I have my hands full.

My post from last year is 9 post earlier:rotfl2::rotfl2:. It still applies. We are doing our try-on procedure this weekend coming and looking through our suitcases to see what I want to swoop out.

I start making my list 2 months before and start packing 3-4 weeks before but since we are going in December, I will start packing end of summer to put all of our summer clothes in there.

We are 35 days away from leaving. :lovestruc I just begun to make lists to make sure I don't forget anything. Unfortunately, I have no extra space to be able to lay things out and pack along the way until then like I'd love to. So the week before, I'll pull out the bags and start putting stuff in. The day before, I will be completely done except for the few things we'll need right up until departure time, like toiletries/meds. I CANNOT WAIT!!! It's killing me to have to wait another 5 weeks. I can hear home calling my name....:cloud9:

About a month out I start putting things into the luggage that I wont need at home, little toiletries bought for the trip, Disney clothes, laundry bag...I add more and more up until the week of and then everything but my meds, and chargers are in the bags..

I start packing more then 100 days out every year before our trips. We live in colder temps and summer clothes (usually) aren't used anytime before we leave in May. So as I buy new summer clothes, they get packed right into out suitcases. I also have a separate toiletries suitcase that stays packed so I only have to replenish what's needed and replace with new toothbrushes. Yes, I know I'm nuts. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!