How Many Guests Per Campsite?

jsmla

DIS Veteran
DH and I have a reservation at Ft Wildeness 10/27-11/9. Initially it was just going to be the two of us but we’ve become very popular with our adult children since the announcement of the SWGE opening. Both DS, DDIL and DGD (21 months) and DD/DSIL would like to join us at some point for part of our trip. We’re not sure yet if everyone would all be there at the same time.

How many people can we have on our reservation? I’d like to add everyone so that they’d have access to advance booking for ADRs and FPs. Our camper officially sleeps six but some may stay offsite.

And, just in case, would we be allowed to have a small tent on the site as well as our fifth wheel? Six would be very tight! We have a preferred pet loop booked.

Thanks!

Officially its up to 10, in practice we have seen upwards of 15 (doubtful they were on the ressies but they were actually there)

Six should be fine. I just don't like when people bring loads of people which happened next to us last trip, there must have been about 14 or so there that we counted, 3 or 4 cars, at least 4 or 5 tents. They were loud, kids running through our site, etc. I think 6 or maybe 8 tops should be the limit if there are kids, otherwise get two sites.

I think 6 is typical at most campgrounds, we have to pay $5 more per day because of the dog and she never uses the comfort station or transportation.

Here was a campsite across from me in 2013 in 1500 loop that had a popup, a tent, and a flippin DEEP FREEZE (the big white chest in front of the tent). They had a hoard of people at meal time and three vehicles at night (and probably more people than 10 somewhere) but at least they were quiet at night.

IMG_20120321_182949.jpg

I guess I'm starting to sound more like the neighborhood grumpy old man that yells "you kids get off my lawn". :confused3

Bama Ed

If there are huge amounts of people on one site, it is fairly likely that they are going to impact the quality of the vacation of those around them. Frankly we spend a lot of money for the beauty of Ft Wilderness.... and the quiet woodsy feel away from the parks. So when the vibe changes into something that resembles a homeless encampment, that impacts us all. If you see people wildly exceeding the numbers limit, take a minute and report them to the front desk or Security.

I guess I'm starting to sound more like the neighborhood grumpy old man that yells "you kids get off my lawn". :confused3

Not at all. That looks terrible and most people would not appreciate that set up next to them.

I agree with the grumpy old man!!! Stay off my lawn. One would hope that taking time out of your vacation to bring disruptive "group encampments" to the attention of Fort Management would help us all, but in our case it only got us labeled as complainers. We ended up in the middle of a group that occupied about 13 sites in the 300 loop with up to 4-5 tents per site with the addition of 4 tents along the canal behind 300. The site next to us had 4 tents plus the "dining hall", the full kitchen like Bama referred to was between their site and ours, including the freezer, refrigerators and the rest of the appliances. Their tables and laundry rack where against our patio cover poles. They had to pass (both foot traffic and bicycles) under our patio cover across our rug to travel to their site, they had no room. While they were already using our site as overflow they set up a tent on our pad behind the MH. What finally broke me was when the pre-teens they had in that tent were yelling "who has the toilet paper?", yes, that's where they went, a few feet from our bedroom window. And yes, we had security and Fort Management there multiple times, days and night up to 2:30 a.m.. The road was blocked most of the time, vehicles, bicycles, groups of people and even an old flat bed trailer full of plastic bins. When we were gone they vandalized our site, we had to bring in our Mickey lamp, decorations, lights and furniture. So while there are supposed to be rules about how many tents, vehicles or guests are allowed to occupy a site we were told by at least a dozen Fort cast members that groups do not have to follow the same guidelines. They moved us to another site in another preferred loop, when we were pulling out the group gave us a standing ovation and lots of cheers, apparently they were happy the “problem” was leaving. So yes, please take the time to report it when the quality of your vacation is disrupted by others, it helps out those of us that complain too!

If there are huge amounts of people on one site, it is fairly likely that they are going to impact the quality of the vacation of those around them. Frankly we spend a lot of money for the beauty of Ft Wilderness.... and the quiet woodsy feel away from the parks. So when the vibe changes into something that resembles a homeless encampment, that impacts us all. If you see people wildly exceeding the numbers limit, take a minute and report them to the front desk or Security.

Even the amount they allow of 10 is more than I ever see at any other campground. Most nice ones we go to on the east coast average 6. But if it were one family, two adults and they were blessed with 8 kids, even if that meant a couple tents added it wouldn't bother me so much, it's when there are obvious multiple families on one site with multiple vehicles that really is annoying.

Last edited:
Here was a campsite across from me in 2013 in 1500 loop that had a popup, a tent, and a flippin DEEP FREEZE (the big white chest in front of the tent). They had a hoard of people at meal time and three vehicles at night (and probably more people than 10 somewhere) but at least they were quiet at night.

IMG_20120321_182949.jpg

Bama Ed
I get it 10 is a lot. You have to admire there setup though. Look how big the homemade awning is! And a blue tarp for the rug. The deep freezer was even something i didnt think of.
Yes i get some people, especially large groups can be disturbing, but as long as they are respectful and cognizant of the people around them, i would cut them some slack. Some dont have the money to do it any other way.

I agree with the grumpy old man!!! Stay off my lawn. One would hope that taking time out of your vacation to bring disruptive "group encampments" to the attention of Fort Management would help us all, but in our case it only got us labeled as complainers. We ended up in the middle of a group that occupied about 13 sites in the 300 loop with up to 4-5 tents per site with the addition of 4 tents along the canal behind 300. The site next to us had 4 tents plus the "dining hall", the full kitchen like Bama referred to was between their site and ours, including the freezer, refrigerators and the rest of the appliances. Their tables and laundry rack where against our patio cover poles. They had to pass (both foot traffic and bicycles) under our patio cover across our rug to travel to their site, they had no room. While they were already using our site as overflow they set up a tent on our pad behind the MH. What finally broke me was when the pre-teens they had in that tent were yelling "who has the toilet paper?", yes, that's where they went, a few feet from our bedroom window. And yes, we had security and Fort Management there multiple times, days and night up to 2:30 a.m.. The road was blocked most of the time, vehicles, bicycles, groups of people and even an old flat bed trailer full of plastic bins. When we were gone they vandalized our site, we had to bring in our Mickey lamp, decorations, lights and furniture. So while there are supposed to be rules about how many tents, vehicles or guests are allowed to occupy a site we were told by at least a dozen Fort cast members that groups do not have to follow the same guidelines. They moved us to another site in another preferred loop, when we were pulling out the group gave us a standing ovation and lots of cheers, apparently they were happy the “problem” was leaving. So yes, please take the time to report it when the quality of your vacation is disrupted by others, it helps out those of us that complain too!
This however is not respectful. And would be delt with, if not by disney but by me getting my first dog and a long leash! I take security seriously.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter