How many minutes before FOP do I take Dramamine

I usually get a prescription for a patch that helps with motion sickness. It lasts 72 hours and is a very small circle patch that you place behind your ear. It does not make me sleepy and works great. I have used it for boat rides, amusement rides, and when my husband drives like a manic on the road to Hana when we go to Maui lol!!

I took a pill the night before and another in the morning. That did the job for me both with FOP and Potter-land at Universal.

Is this really needed for the ride? Soaring never bothers me.

Mission space orange on the other hand....

Soarin' bothered me much more than FOP. I still liked Soarin' but it made me a bit queasy, FOP not at all. The main difference, at least for me, was that in Soarin' I got the uncomfortable sensation of falling. In FOP it genuinely felt like flying instead and that didn't make me queasy

My DD took her ginger Gravol (Canadian version of Dramamine) about 2 hrs prior to riding each time.

We forgot once and she took it 30 minutes prior. That did not work!

My advice is to take it for a “test drive” prior to your trip.

I took the Dramamine Naturals an hour before I went on and was fine. I did figure out that the more I moved with the motion of the banshee, the better I felt. It's a fantastic ride so I hope you're able to enjoy it!

Have you tried the Sea Bands? I used those at Universal (3D simulators do me in!) and I was able to ride everything - even the Simpsons ride which would have killed me otherwise. They're wrist sweatbands with little beads in them that use pressure points - no drugs at all. NO drowsiness at all and they work great. We even used them when the stomach bug hit our crowd last year.

I take a generic benadryl (works exactly the same as dramamine and way less $$) about 45 minutes before hitting the parks.

Have you tried the Sea Bands? I used those at Universal (3D simulators do me in!) and I was able to ride everything - even the Simpsons ride which would have killed me otherwise. They're wrist sweatbands with little beads in them that use pressure points - no drugs at all. NO drowsiness at all and they work great. We even used them when the stomach bug hit our crowd last year.

I highly recommend the Sea Bands!! Agree that if I have to take a bonine or dramamine, I prefer to take it at night so that the drowsiness doesn't bother me as much. Even the non-drowsy formula and taking it at night leaves me with a cloudy dull headache the next morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!