" How many more days Mom"

mom22belles

<font color=red>Welcomed Guest<br><font color=teal
Arghh :crazy: My girls have been asking me how many days since the beginning of July. So too take the younger one's mind off it I signed her up for day camp ( 1/2 day). Guess what the theme is. :rolleyes: Yes you guessed it Disney :confused3 .

I have now started a count down calender.

Only 25 more days.

Nancy :woohoo:

That's perfect, exactly as it should be!!! I'll swap you - you can have my 18 and 20 year old boys, who just sort of grunt when I mention our plans for our trip in Janaury for your excited "I can't wait for Disney" girls!!!

My kids don't even know their going...they think we are going to Darien Lake so it will be a huge surprise when we drive to the Buffalo airport instead!

Enjoy that excitement!!

My boys are getting excited about our move to the new house 2 weeks from today! We'll get excited about the trip after the move wears off - Our sticker count down will start in September!

mom22 - there is a day camp with a Disney theme? Where is this? Sounds interesting!

Torontogal said:
mom22 - there is a day camp with a Disney theme? Where is this? Sounds interesting!

Mississauga Parks offers a camp for 4- 6 yr olds called Little Sneakers every week is a different theme. The themes are not listed in the Parks and Rec book so I guess it varies by location.

This week is the only week she is signed up for and I just lucked into the disney theme. So far the made magic lamps, crowns and under the sea pictures. I believe todays craft is a treasure box.

Nancy

michelle1 said:
My kids don't even know their going...they think we are going to Darien Lake so it will be a huge surprise when we drive to the Buffalo airport instead!

When are you going Michelle? We are flying out of Buffalo too.

I wish I could surprise my kids but I'm not good with surprises

Nancy

My girls think the next trip won't be until March 2007. They have no idea that we will also be there Nov.2006. I keep asking my husband how many more days. We won't tell the girls till the airport. I just hope I can keep my big Disney mouth shut. :yay:

mom22belles, I made a paper chain with each link representing a day.

Each day the kids ripped one off the chain, representing one day closer to Disney. It helped better than a calendar to really see how close we were. :)

MamaLema said:
mom22belles, I made a paper chain with each link representing a day.

Each day the kids ripped one off the chain, representing one day closer to Disney. It helped better than a calendar to really see how close we were. :)

We have used this method in the past( 2 yrs ago) This time I made a large calender on bristol board. In every square I wrote the date and how many days till we leave ( in different colours) . I also included 1 or 2 activities each week ( eg. decorating autographs books as we are making our own). I covered each square with a tinkerbell post it. The post its are 2 different colours so each girl knows who's turn it is. I just started this on the 1st though.
The truth of the matter is I am just as excitied as my girls but I am trying to hold it in because my DH doesn't want to hear it. :sad2:

Nancy

mom22belles said:
When are you going Michelle? We are flying out of Buffalo too.

I wish I could surprise my kids but I'm not good with surprises

Nancy

We are going Aug 19-28 and staying at CSR for the first time. We did the same surprise 2 years ago and didn't tell them until we woke them up at the hotel near the airport the morning we were flying out. I video taped my DH telling them...it was priceless because they didn't believe us! I think I am looking more forward to the fact that is going to be such a surprise than the trip itself....they have been asking to go back since our trip last year and we told them we couldn't afford it but maybe next year.

michelle1 said:
We are going Aug 19-28 and staying at CSR for the first time. We did the same surprise 2 years ago and didn't tell them until we woke them up at the hotel near the airport the morning we were flying out. I video taped my DH telling them...it was priceless because they didn't believe us! I think I am looking more forward to the fact that is going to be such a surprise than the trip itself....they have been asking to go back since our trip last year and we told them we couldn't afford it but maybe next year.

Hope your surprise works out. We will be there from the 26th to the 2nd

Nancy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter