How many of us cross stitch?

If no one's done it yet, if someone can get me a decent-sized picture (at least 400 pixels wide) of the Mickey pin-trader that you're talking about, I can probably give converting it to a cross-stitch chart a try.

Hey all, I broke down and purchased the Pattern Maker software. I am going to try to convert the image of the Pin trading Logo. I am using the Logo that is on the pin trading bag because it is pretty clear and only has a few colors.

I am still new to the software so my first attempt had way too many colors and the image took up the entire space. I am learning how to limit the number of colors and reduce the image a bit.

If it works and looks good, I will be happy to make some copies.

Has anyone worked this software before? Wondering about the backstiching function.

Iris,

let me know how you like the software, I have been dying to give it a try. I have some ideas for images if you are game to try them.......and I would be happy to send you some money to cover preinter supplies and such. Mine is on the blink again, GRRR! LOL! Take care!

Me!!!

I love to cross-stitch. I stopped doing it for a while but now I'm right back into it. I'm working on a piece with birdhouses. I have a bunch of unfinished projects that I need to finish. Now that I'm re-inspired, I plan to work on them.

I have some Disney patterns. If anyone wants to organize a swap of some sorts, sign me up!!

Donna

Iris, I've been enjoying the software myself. I haven't tried the backstitch though. You can also get a lower number of colors by adjusting the stitch count. The default is for AIDA. The higher you go, the greater the detail.

Also, when you have the graphic displayed, you can change the colors by selecting "PALETTE" and then colors. You can replace the colors on the palette with any listed in the displayed library (for example, if you get a tonal series of off whites, you can change them to fewer colors or change pale green to darker green). Once you change the palette color, the graphic adjusts automatically to the new color value. You can fine tune by editing the graphic. Zoom in to 150% or greater and then just click on the bottom bar that displays the colors. You'll see a "picture" frame around the selected color. Click anywhere on your picture and the color will change to the new color you have selected.

Have fun.

sharon:

Sabrina, my daughter has my self portrait cross stitch. She is supposed to brig it home this weekend for me to copy for you.

Jane

Anyone have the "Pooh Sticks" Pattern?

I have been cross stitching sense ''91. done a couple hundred christmass ordamints and about tweenty large ones. I haven't done any disney one yet . I think that I might try one if I find one I like.

Bob,

Anything in particular that you would like to try? Between all of us that have posted, I bet one of us has something you would like to try your hand at.......:)

Originally posted by karinmac
I used to cross stitch for many years. I stopped when I needed reading glasses. I have a book of Disney patterns from 1980 with artwork for a scene with Peter Pan including Tink,Sleeping Beauty,Snow White & the Seven Dwarves,Pinocchio among others. I have a Pocahantas pattern that I did but never framed. A pattern for Alice in Wonderland(started but never finished, and Beauty & the Beast (never started). I'll copy patterns for pins.

Could I possibly pay you for your time and copy expense to get a copy of those patterns. I used to have that book and loaned it out :mad: I never got it back.

I'm espcially interested in the Snow White and the peter Pan.

Karinmac,

I would also love a copy of that book. Would trade for other patterns or for pins.

Hi TDC Blue Fairy,
I found one on the UK site that I like. It is one with the 7 dwarves on it . I would like to do one with Mickey and only Mickey but only seen ones with him and friends or some other object. I mostly do the Lavender and lase angels and give them to family members. My grandmother keeps giving me one with cats,as I love cats,but I had to ask her to stop for I have so many other projects to do. I am working on one of the cat ones now. Have not been to motivated of late but trying to finish it so I can start on another angel for one of my aunts. At the end of last year I finished a monopoly board cross stitch that came out great. Brings back memories of being a kid and playing it for hours. I might enter it in the local fair this summer. I have had a few best of shows in the past but a few years ago they put the quilts in the same category as cross stitch, haven't had much luck sense. Still fun to show off my work and get a blue ribbon.
Do they have cross stitch stuff down in WDW downtown would like to look when I'm down there in September. Also what to look at the small Mickey and Walt statue too.
Happy cross stitching :jester:

I do too, I love it....I have Cinderella's Castle I need to do for DD10. :) But....this thread is from 2001 so I just thought I'd let you know that. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter