How many rides can you do during an Extra Magic Hour at

*I'msoooBelle*

Mouseketeer
Hello friends!

Looking to hear from your experience how many rides in total have you been able to do during that Extra Magic Hour in the morning at the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios; assuming the following - get there before opening time (so to be inside the park at 8:00 am), and during high season.

In my head the list goes like this:

Magic Kingdom (high season) Extra Magic Hour 8:00 am to 9:00 am touring advice:
1. Seven dwarfs mine train (15 minutes)
2. Followed then by Peter pan (20 minutes)
3. Head straight to Space Mountain (15 minutes)
4. then to Speedway raceway (20 minutes)

Then the same for Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios:

Any information or strategies are appreciated!! Thank you in advance!

Are those times what you're expecting for a wait-time or how long you think it will take to wait and complete the attraction?

Are those times what you're expecting for a wait-time or how long you think it will take to wait and complete the attraction?

Great question! Time to wait and complete the attraction (I completely made those times up as I have no idea how long it will take during extra magic hours in the morning)

I’m curious on this too as we will be hitting MK morning EMH during thanksgiving week! Also looking at starting with 7DMT but not sure what to expect as far as waits.

We are rope drop people and usually some of the first people in line. At least in the first 50. Not sure on exact waits but I can tell you what we have got on inside that first hour

At AK we did FOP, KS, and EE. Barely!! But 2nd time we tried that KS did not open until park opening because of fog. Put a real kink in our plans.

MK- BTMRR x2, splash, Jungle cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean.( I know this is not the popular route, but that’s what we like and the line is moving so fast on BTMRR you can get 2x in less than 10 minutes and nobody rides splash first thing in the morning. 5 min wait)

Epcot- TT, run to soarin. Everything else can wait and this takes at least the whole hour

HS- I have not done since TSL. We did RnR, ToT, and star tours. You just have to watch because RnR always seems to be down first thing in the morning

MK EMH was our second morning in MK so we didn't actually go to Fantasyland--we did Townsquare Mickey, Tinkerbell, Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain and then ended up doing Carousel of Progress because the rest of the park hadn't opened yet.
AK EMH #1 we did Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids and were in line for the Safari when it opened.
AK EMH #2 we did Na'vi twice (we had FOP FPs a couple other times in the trip), Kilimanjaro Safari (it was open for EMH that day) and It's Tough to be a Bug
DHS EMH we did Star Tours, Tower of Terror and all the character meet & greets and exhibits at Star Wars Launch Bay (we got a free print for being the first people to visit Chewbacca--I'm not sure people knew it was open)--this was before TSL

I would *not* ride PP 2nd during EMH. It may just be our luck, but that line gets clogged quickly by the time you’re out of 7D. Especially if there are already EMM people in the park.

For MK

I think you will only get three of the four of those finished by 9am. And you have to be at VERY front of rope drop pack. Here was my schedule on VERY LIGHT crowd level day early this month.

Gates open at 7:45
Held at tomorrow Land bridge.
Scan with CMs for EMH proof of eligibility
Held at Fantasy Land until 8am
#25 in line sdmt 8:02

Technical difficulty for the ride so had to wait. Was in 2nd train.
Off ride about 8:24
( so you could be off by 8:15)
Peter Pan line @8:31
On ride at 8:38
Walked to Pooh. Cast member said at least 25 min wait. Too long
8:48 on small world (lengthier ride lasting about 10 min)
Exit ride 9:00

I was solo so could easily keep myself at front of pack

In June with my family of 4 on a 7 crowd day, we were at rope drop, held at bridge for EMH eligibility scan, but we were NOT at very front of pack. 20 min wait for Space Mtn. Off ride at 8:28. Then Buzz. Then Under the Sea, off by 9am.

If you are not at front of pack, ride PP before SDMT. Touring Plans has recent vlog on this.

MK- BTMRR x2, splash, Jungle cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean.( I know this is not the popular route, but that’s what we like and the line is moving so fast on BTMRR you can get 2x in less than 10 minutes and nobody rides splash first thing in the morning. 5 min wait)

Was this during EMH? I didn't know they had Big Thunder open then. This is my favorite ride!

My son loves Buzz Lightyear laser game in MK. We usually ride it 10 times during the EMH... oh boy I always feel dizzy after.

To ride 10 times during the regular wait time would take 8 hours in total of wait time. So we save 7 hour.

We usually go back to nap around 10:30am and come back to the park again after nap and lunch.

Suggestions for Epcot EMH coming from IG? I was thinking FEA first, but not sure if I should head for TT or Soarin second.

Soarin is closer, but my kids would like TT better. I hear TT is often down first thing in the morning, though.

I personally would not criss-cross the park like that. You're wasting time walking back and forth. Have you tried to get a Peter Pan and/or Space Mountain FP? The Speedway should be fairly easy to get as a 4th.

If Mine Train is your starting point for EMH, I would either head to Tomorrowland or Fantasyland after, but not both. Use FPs for the critical attractions in the other.

Just did yesterday’s MK EMH. Held at fantasyland rope until 8:03. Not terribly far from front (we didn’t run and pass anyone). Walked to SDMT took about 10mins to get there and walk queue. On about 8:15. Walked over to Peter Pan. In queue at 8:23 and off at 8:46 per timestamps on my pictures. Two years ago got through these two and Pooh in about an hour during EMH. This time used restrooms and waited for RD to Frontierland.

AK 8a EMH last sat: let in about 7:30. Walked past Tree of life about 7:35. Started through FOP queue at 7:39, on ride preshow at 8:07. Out by 8:29. Then did Safari, 8:45-9:07. On EE train at 9:34 after ~10-15 min wait.

Epcot 8a EMH last thurs. Rope was dropped at 7:53. First twenty at TT, but there was a slight delay and let in at 8:05. In preshow at 8:09. On ride by 8:16. Then rode soarin at about 8:50 with 15 min wait. Was eating breakfast at 9:15 at sunshine seasons.

Never rope dropped HS.

We are rope drop people and usually some of the first people in line. At least in the first 50. Not sure on exact waits but I can tell you what we have got on inside that first hour

At AK we did FOP, KS, and EE. Barely!! But 2nd time we tried that KS did not open until park opening because of fog. Put a real kink in our plans.

Epcot- TT, run to soarin. Everything else can wait and this takes at least the whole hour

HS- I have not done since TSL. We did RnR, ToT, and star tours. You just have to watch because RnR always seems to be down first thing in the morning

Thank you for the level of detail, I appreciate it!

MK EMH was our second morning in MK so we didn't actually go to Fantasyland--we did Townsquare Mickey, Tinkerbell, Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain and then ended up doing Carousel of Progress because the rest of the park hadn't opened yet.
AK EMH #1 we did Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids and were in line for the Safari when it opened.
AK EMH #2 we did Na'vi twice (we had FOP FPs a couple other times in the trip), Kilimanjaro Safari (it was open for EMH that day) and It's Tough to be a Bug
DHS EMH we did Star Tours, Tower of Terror and all the character meet & greets and exhibits at Star Wars Launch Bay (we got a free print for being the first people to visit Chewbacca--I'm not sure people knew it was open)--this was before TSL

Great info! Thank you for sharing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter