How much do the Professional Internships pay?

wdw&sonny

DIS Veteran
How much do the Professional Internships pay?

I am sure it's not absolute. But can anyone give me an idea?
TIA

It definitely depends on what the internship is in. The DCP paid about $9/hour. My professional internship offered me $25/hour but my internship is primarily technology focused.

My son worked in Horticulture and he was paid around $12 an hour. He was hired full time, worked another year and then left to go to grad school.

Anywhere from 11-25 depending on the role, Tech is on the higher end.

In the animal programs internships it was around $10 3 years ago but i know Engineering got close to 3 times that.

Anywhere from 11-25 depending on the role, Tech is on the higher end.
...good to know....my DS was accepted to DCP and wants to continue with a PI that is technology-based (he is a comp science major concentrating in cyber-security.)

Do they provide housing for professional internships? Or just the college program kids? If you were on the low end of that 11-25 range, I think it would be difficult to make ends meet.

Do they provide housing for professional internships? Or just the college program kids? If you were on the low end of that 11-25 range, I think it would be difficult to make ends meet.

There is a small amount of housing available for PIs in a complex behind magic kingdom (not near CP housing). The complex is not dedicated for PI use, and so has other families living there as well. It also does not have transportation.

Many PIs live in outside housing with roommates

The housing is at Falcon square in Winter garden I beleve it is 135/week for a shared room, I can find out the exact I know it just went up 5$ a week. It is about 25-35 minutes away from team Disney. Yes if your on the 12/hour side of the PI you have very little disposible income left. My DD roomate is guest relations, and after food and gas, there isn't much left. She works a second job at Disney Springs. I am not sure if the pay rate for PIs will change with new 15/hour .

It depends on the sector/industry. Most places will also tell you beforehand whether or not you'd be paid. As many have said here, tech internships pay quite a bit, and so do internships in the pure sciences fields. Digital media internships are a mixed bag: some pay really well, others do not.

Please check the websites of the places you've shortlisted/are interested in. When you communicate with companies, ask them about pay. Insist on knowing, but do so kindly.

If you're applying through your college/school's placement cell or other such dept., I'm sure they'd be able to tell you more. Best of luck!

Horticulture interns stayed in apartments in the CP housing and they all stayed together since their hours were about 5am until about 1pm. They could not rely on buses to get to work since they weren't running from the CP area that early. The cost for their housing was taken out of their pay.

The key is to TAKE ADVANTAGE of program.
Do program , put it on your résumé , leave Disney to better yourself in the market.
If you really want to work for Disney, you will make more money by circling back to Disney . If you stay after program, Disney will NOT pay you what your worth because they know what THEY paid you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!