How much do you spend on a Disney vacation ?

Pre-DVC purchase, we did two adults, a child, and a free Disney toddler for $8,000 including flights, a two bedroom at Kidani, park hoppers, and food (including 1-3 character meals a day) for 8 days.

The next year, we spent $7,000 with two adults, 2 kids (toddler turned 3), and free dining at an All Star for 5 nights; this included flights.

Oh I don't mind Animal Kingdom Lodge. I just never thought he would suggest it! Thankfully we are homeschoolers, so we are not tied to a school schedule. Everything is pretty new. I'm sure I will be on this section soon for help on saving! :teeth:
You could price out renting a DVC villa at Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House or Kidani Village. It would probably be cheaper. The DVC rental market is a bt of a mess right now due to all the pandemic cancellations, but it will hopefully be back to normal by 2022.

We live in Mass and fly out of Conn cause its cheaper and stay at moderates or rent from DVC and we on average with tickets, hotel, dining plan and airfare consistently spend $4300 for a family of four (2 adults, 2 adolescents)
Often find the best savings to occur with the airlines, Disney rarely budges enough to make an impact.

We usually spend around $9/10k a trip. 2 adults, 2 kids - 7 nights at deluxe, park hopper, dining plan, etc. It adds up FAST.

Our next trip as a family of 5 (although the youngest is 2) in a one bed AKL villa with dining plan and park hoppers plus is hovering right under $10k for 9 nights. We will be driving.

Used to be an insane amount of money.

Now we have jobs that require us to travel a lot. We have a hotel rewards card that all our per diem stays go onto, and bills/other work expenses go on my Disney visa for some Disney rewards dollars.
Both card's balances are paid in full each month. Hotel rewards pays for a free stay (usually about 10 days each time we go), and my Disney rewards pays for our tickets. I use Swagbucks for Disney GC that pay for food/parking/hard ticket events/souvenirs.

I kind of miss staying in the Disney bubble, but we're basically getting a free Disney vacation every year for money we're already spending so I'm taking it!

I have a trip planned for Dec 23-30 but will cancel if things don’t settle down.

$150 gas estimate
$ 484.31 Hampton Inn employee rate
$350 food (breakfast at hotel, snacks in backpack, quick service somewhere)
$1200 (ish?) four days of tickets. I can’t look up the prices online. I have reward dollars but can’t remember how much. And I’d utilize my discover bonus at sams for a Disney gift card to get them.
$80 parking
So $2264 plus little stuff. I do like the Disney outlet and I’ve spent up to $100 there. And we would probably splurge on a candlelight meal to guarantee seats because I love it.

Upcoming trip for 3 adults, 2 full weeks in January:

Pop century-$ 2800
park hopper + tix- $1900
Memory maker- $170
food/drink (for ADRs and must have snax only) - $1200
Airfair - $350 each

Total: $7120

We are expecting to have $8635 saved by the time we arrive.
All extra cash goes to souvenirs, experience add-ons, and COCKTAILS.
We will not do DDP and are choosing to send non-perishables to ourselves via USPS and also utilize Garden Grocer/Amazon food delivery for refrigerated goods.

We’re a large family (me, DH and 5 kids-3 of whom are Disney adults). We stay for 2 weeks each year. We’re DVC, so no expense for resort stay and we drive down, so no airfare. For 10 day hoppers, 2 day Universal P2P tix, dining (we typically do 1 QS and one TS per day, plus snacks), dessert parties, add-ones, souvenirs and incidentals for 7 people, our trips average about $15,000 per trip, give or take. And we don’t have to worry about airfare or hotel bill.

We usually figure on between $3000 and $5000.. Depending on how long were staying, flying or driving etc. Now our first trip back in 04 we totally did the whole thing for under $1000. But we stayed off site, took food in etc. So it all depends on you and your family.

Too much. Every time.

Last trip Dec 2019- 4ppl, 5 nites, 7k.

Next trip Jan 2021- 3ppl, 8 nites, hopefully under 8k.
2.5k room, 2k food, 2k tickets, 1k airfare & car...

We’re a large family (me, DH and 5 kids-3 of whom are Disney adults). We stay for 2 weeks each year. We’re DVC, so no expense for resort stay and we drive down, so no airfare. For 10 day hoppers, 2 day Universal P2P tix, dining (we typically do 1 QS and one TS per day, plus snacks), dessert parties, add-ones, souvenirs and incidentals for 7 people, our trips average about $15,000 per trip, give or take. And we don’t have to worry about airfare or hotel bill.
Really that's not too bad. Roughly one thousand a day... but for 7ppl, doing alot! Sounds like awesome trips with 5 kids :)
Onsite room(s) would add $5-10k+. Dues could be $5k+ too.

Really that's not too bad. Roughly one thousand a day... but for 7ppl, doing alot! Sounds like awesome trips with 5 kids :)
Onsite room(s) would add $5-10k+. Dues could be $5k+ too.

I've been trying to convince my husband that us plus our little ones could have an amazing time, but he says we couldn't do it for less than $1k day so its a "no go" for now :rotfl2:

I've been trying to convince my husband that us plus our little ones could have an amazing time, but he says we couldn't do it for less than $1k day so its a "no go" for now :rotfl2:
Sounds similar to my niece. WDW seemed out of the question to them especially after always hearing about the common $1k+/day cost. It's her, husband and 2 kids 6 & 7yo.

We started discussing a plan last year. Airfare's a big part of their budget and short ticket packages cost much more per day so we drew up a 8day/7nite free food offer at ASMo for August to get the biggest bang for their buck without taking the kids out of school. Take a longer trip every few years.

Room was $1200, tickets $2500 (with hoppers, required with food offer), and QS DDP would be included free. Not bad for a full WDW experience- onsite room/perks, plenty of food options included, plus enough time to pace a pleasant itinerary during the summer heat and rain. 2 days of FP's for each park reduces stress too. The room is spacious enough with 2 small children. The renovations are an improvement.

Travel: $1,000
Room/Hopper Tickets/Free Food: $3,700
Misc: $300
----$5,000 and that could totally work as a complete budget

Optional-
Add Memory Maker Picture Package: $170 (it can be a worthy splurge)
Upgrade to Table Service DDP: $400 plus $150 tips to do TS or character meals daily (fun but not necessary to have a great trip)
----$5,720

6 full days and 2 half days in WDW, roughly 7 days of magic.
2 Adults + 2 kids = $715 a day or $820 with optional extras.

Sounds similar to my niece. WDW seemed out of the question to them especially after always hearing about the common $1k+/day cost. It's her, husband and 2 kids 6 & 7yo.

We started discussing a plan last year. Airfare's a big part of their budget and short ticket packages cost much more per day so we drew up a 8day/7nite free food offer at ASMo for August to get the biggest bang for their buck without taking the kids out of school. Take a longer trip every few years.

Room was $1200, tickets $2500 (with hoppers, required with food offer), and QS DDP would be included free. Not bad for a full WDW experience- onsite room/perks, plenty of food options included, plus enough time to pace a pleasant itinerary during the summer heat and rain. 2 days of FP's for each park reduces stress too. The room is spacious enough with 2 small children. The renovations are an improvement.

Travel: $1,000
Room/Hopper Tickets/Free Food: $3,700
Misc: $300
----$5,000 and that could totally work as a complete budget

Optional-
Add Memory Maker Picture Package: $170 (it can be a worthy splurge)
Upgrade to Table Service DDP: $400 plus $150 tips to do TS or character meals daily (fun but not necessary to have a great trip)
----$5,720

6 full days and 2 half days in WDW, roughly 7 days of magic.
2 Adults + 2 kids = $715 a day or $820 with optional extras.

That’s not bad at all! Great planning and 6 & 7 are great ages for WDW.

It varies each trip depending on what kind of room I stay in, airfare, rental car, and where I choose to dine. I have an AP and that makes all the difference for me since I travel to WDW usually at least 3 times a pass year. I am also a solo traveler. Some trips have cost as little as under $400 (stayed with friends who paid for hotel and I only had to worry about food/airfare/rental car) and I’ve also spent over $2k (7+ night trips with sit down dining and add ons). I probably spend about $5-7k annually at Disney theme parks between my weekly Disneyland visits, my AP cost (over $2k for my current premier pass), and my WDW trips.

Let’s see, weekend trip to DL (after work Fri-Sun PM) staying along Harbor (walking distance to park):

R/T airfare OAK-LGB $200 x 3 = $600
Hotel $200/night = $600
Car rental + gas = $150
Total fixed costs = $1350

Target pick up for snacks/water = $50

We usually get Korean BBQ when we land on Friday night ($100) on park meals all day Saturday (we don’t eat breakfast, just protein bars and coffee), off park again Sunday (usually DTF @ South Coast, $120). Total spend on food is probably $400.

Balloons, toys, lights, etc... $100

Total discretionary = $550

Grand total = $1900

*caveats, sometimes we snag airfare for $150 RT. Sometimes we stay at the Hilton for $100/night and shuttle in. Other times we’re on a DVC contract, or stay at DLH for $500/night.

Let’s see, weekend trip to DL (after work Fri-Sun PM) staying along Harbor (walking distance to park):

R/T airfare OAK-LGB $200 x 3 = $600
Hotel $200/night = $600
Car rental + gas = $150
Total fixed costs = $1350

Target pick up for snacks/water = $50

We usually get Korean BBQ when we land on Friday night ($100) on park meals all day Saturday (we don’t eat breakfast, just protein bars and coffee), off park again Sunday (usually DTF @ South Coast, $120). Total spend on food is probably $400.

Balloons, toys, lights, etc... $100

Total discretionary = $550

Grand total = $1900

*caveats, sometimes we snag airfare for $150 RT. Sometimes we stay at the Hilton for $100/night and shuttle in. Other times we’re on a DVC contract, or stay at DLH for $500/night.
Sounds like a great weekend! One of these trips we need to try DL.

I was wondering if you have Annual Passes. You could price that out by total days used to cost.
Are you staying 3 nites in hotel? How many people and days helps for budget makers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter