How much $$ for deposit?

eazyrider

Superdad
We are staying at fort wilderness in a cabin and like everyone else will be on a budget and need to know how much of a deposit is required? We will perfer to put cash deposit rather than crecit card, TIA

Since I am new to all of this, I might not be the best person to answer this, but I will give it a shot.

Usually unless you are doing some sort of package deal, your desposit would usually be what ever one nights stay plus tax would be.

For example, if your room was going to cost you, $1895.52 total for 8 nights then you would pay a deposit of $236.94.

As far as you wanting to put cash down, I could be wrong, but I think that the only way this can be done, is if you use one of the debit cards with either a visa or mastercard logo on it. I know that disney will allow you to use these when making a reservation. If you don't have one, you might want to call your bank and see if they have something like this.

I hope this helps

Jason

I should have added how much deposit is required when checking in at resort!! I always forget something when posting a message...

If you haven't paid for your room in full, you will be required to pay the total room bill at check-in. If you plan to charge back to your room, you can put any amount of cash down you want. If you don't plan on using your room card for charging purposes, you don't have to put any money down on your room. You will not have access to the phone for calling outside of WDW, nor will you be able to charge back to your room.

Originally posted by jel0511
If you haven't paid for your room in full, you will be required to pay the total room bill at check-in. If you plan to charge back to your room, you can put any amount of cash down you want. If you don't plan on using your room card for charging purposes, you don't have to put any money down on your room. You will not have access to the phone for calling outside of WDW, nor will you be able to charge back to your room.

Is the phone policy new?

When we were there in 2001, I paid the room balance in cash. I was able to use the phone in the room. I paid the phone charges when we checked out.

I hope this hasn't changed.

I always use a charge card for room charging, but my mother does not. This is what she was told upon checking into All Star Movies in February.

The deposit will be one night's stay. You can pay over the phone with a credit card or debit card.... or you can mail in a check. Just make sure the check arrives before the deadline or they will cancel your reservation.

how much deposit is required when checking in at resort!!
Actually the deposit has to be made when making the reservation, not when "checking in". And the amount can be 1 night's stay, 100.00 or 200.00, depending on who you book through (CRO, DC, WDTC). ~:D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter