How much is it for an average WDW Wedding?

Andrew015

WL Guru
I'm sure there are different packages, but on average, what would a WDW wedding cost? Can a normal person afford it?

I'd venture to guess that an avg intimate wedding would be about $3-5K. Depends on where you have it, when you have it, what resort you want to stay at and whether you want to add on any extra, non-packaged elements (e.g. a rehearsal or wedding dinner).

Custom wedding is gonna start at $7,500 and only go upwards. Price will increase based upon the number of guests you have, when you want the ceremony and where you want the crermony.

There is no real "average price" that's a useful figure just like there is no useful figure for avg wedding prices across the country- what you want in the wedding is what determines the price.

Can normal people afford one? Sure, we afforded one and we're not really abnormal. We saved for a year and that paid for the entire intimate wedding, a post wedding reception at V&A for our guests, our honeymoon, the dress/tux, gown for the MoH, tux for the best man, flowers and all the little incidentals. Had we wanted mroe guests, we could have cut back on many of the niceties and still been comfortable.

For more info on wedding planning @ Disney, I suggest you look into the Disneymooners website (http://www.yourfairytale.com/) as an execllent resource.

-Andrew

Our custom wedding and reception for about 40 guests will come to about $15,000 (I think) after everything is said and done (maybe even less). This includes the cost of the trip for my best friend and her husband and three kids (they can't afford it on their own). Although it's expensive, it is about as much as a large wedding and reception here in the Chicago area (in the city itself it can even run a lot more!) So, we decided that a nice vacation for our closest friends and relatives was much more worth the cost than having a huge "to do" here at home.

We found the same thing as marn913... We would have spent the same money to have a home wedding as we did on our Disney wedding, we just had fewer guests at WDW. Had we gotten married at home we would have dealt with many of the same issues, "site minimums" for food, drink, etc... And we would have invited many people that we did not include in our guest list for WDW. Also, as a couple where both of us work, and neither of us were experienced wedding people, it was a huge help to have Fairy Tale Wedding's professionals at our disposal to suggest, arrange and execute our dream wedding. It would have cost a percentage on top of our wedding cost to do that at home to try and hire a consultant/coordinator. It also gave us the luxury of having a wedding week, rather than a day. We were relaxed and ready for the ceremony when it came. And the expenses for flowers, music, etc did not seem all that much more to me there than the prices I got at home for the same quality of materials.

My dream has been to get married at WDW since I was 8 years old...I checked on the prices and that dream went down the tubes...LOL...my DF and I come from HUGE families...the only option we would really have would be a small intimate wedding with just our immediate families (brothers, sisters, parents) and then have a reception back at home for everyone, but I just wouldn't feel right about that. So have a wonderful wedding for me!! Who knows, if I can't get married there, maybe we'll at least renew our vows.

good luck!!

pryncess

Disney's Deluxe intimate wedding package with 8 guest starts at $3,305 and includes:

a choice of ceremony locations
Sea Breeze Point
Wedding Gazebo
Sunset Point
Sunrise Terrace

Disney's Premium Intimate Wedding starts at $4,055 and includes the ceremony at the Wedding Pavilion.

Both packages include 4 nights at a deluxe resorts
on-site wedding coordinator
officiant
bouquet and boutonniere
solo musician
2 tier wedding cake
tote bag with keepsakes
Disney wedding certificate
limousine - 4 hours
2 ultimate park hopper tickets
unlimited Disney world resort transportation

if you want to have 13 guest instead of 8 add $500

if you want to use Cinderella's Glass Coach add $2,500
if you want to use 1928 vintage Cadillac $350
other vintage cars start at about $550

if you use Disney for the flowers (you can use what ever florets you want)
maid of honor bouquets start at $125 and go up
single presentation style rose $20
double presentation style rose $25
single corsage $25 and up
boutonnière $10 and up
flower girl baskets with rose petals $55 and up

If you want to hire characters
1 Disney character $550 per 30 min
2 Disney characters $300 per 30 min

Hair and make up for the bride
hair style $50 and up
make up $45
castle photo shoots $150 for hair and make up

If you have a custom wedding you can invite as many people as you want but it will cost you a lot more. I only know the prices for the intimate packages because that's what I'm doing. Hope this helps.

Keep in mind that prices like floral guidelines are only that - guidelines. They say that the MOH bouquets begin at $125, but they were going to make our MOH bouquet for only $50, until we found Wishing Well Florist to do it and the corsages for much less.
I definitely think that a WDW wedding is affordable for normal people. We had an intimate wedding, b/c we loved the idea of a small, (relatively) hassle free wedding surrounded only by our nearest and dearest. The trip was a vacation for everyone, and it was so neat to see our families together at Disney World, especially since we usually only get to see my family once a year or so.
If you're willing to work with Disney, and within either the custom or intimate guidelines, it can be as affordable or as expensive as you choose. Some people go all out, for the Illuminations parties, Cindy's coach, etc. Our intimate wedding cost more than most, because we added extras V&A's private room and a cruise on the Grand One, so if we'd been willing to spend just a bit more, we would have met the $7500 custom minimum. But it wasn't the money that prevented us from going that route; we just didn't want the hassle of inviting all of our friends, relatives, third cousins, etc. that we'd have had if we did a custom wedding. So it's really what you make of it - I think that a destination wedding is pretty different from a normal wedding.
If you are interested in all those extras for the wedding, you might want to join the Disneymooners list. The brides there are amazingly helpful, and some of them are going with really elaborate events, so they always have great ideas for spending money and meeting minimums :)
Cheers!
Heather W

I totally agree with hmp2z - I love the idea of only close family and friends and I also like the fact that it's a family vacation. I'll have to check in to Wishing Well Florist too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter