How much is your 2018 Disney trip going to cost?

We are going 4 times this year.

March 18-25 All star movies $1,074.78
June 3-11 pop century $1,300.08 USD (Hoping for a better discount)
October 14-20 PQ-riverside 1154.28 (book through TA)
December 23-29 PQ-French quarter 1330.50 ( book through TA)

Annual passes for 3 - 2776.47

Gas for each trip 200x 4= 800

1000 spending cash each trip = 4000

Total cost = 12435.66

Now I used disney gift cards for most of this. I save around 900-1000 off that price. Going to be a great year.

I don't think 5 adults can eat on 120.00 dollars per day at Disney World unless you all order off the kids menu at quick service

It appears she is ordering groceries, as well, and not eating every meal at a park (ie - the mac and cheese cups for her girls)...

So far $0.....

Which means no trips planned. Sad. It just isn't as easy anymore, time wise. And our money is going towards college costs......

Last year we did get in 2 days at Disneyland, so I did get a bit of a Disney fix that way. But I haven't been to WDW in over 2 years now. This is unusual for us, but may be our new norm for a while.

We are going 4 times this year.

March 18-25 All star movies $1,074.78
June 3-11 pop century $1,300.08 USD (Hoping for a better discount)
October 14-20 PQ-riverside 1154.28 (book through TA)
December 23-29 PQ-French quarter 1330.50 ( book through TA)

Annual passes for 3 - 2776.47

Gas for each trip 200x 4= 800

1000 spending cash each trip = 4000

Total cost = 12435.66

Now I used disney gift cards for most of this. I save around 900-1000 off that price. Going to be a great year.

Did you get a special rate through your TA for riverside?

Yes for both October and December. Seemed like a really good deal. She had pop for 6 night for October for around 800.

I don't think 5 adults can eat on 120.00 dollars per day at Disney World unless you all order off the kids menu at quick service

It appears she is ordering groceries, as well, and not eating every meal at a park (ie - the mac and cheese cups for her girls)...
Plus a Disney "adult" might still be ordering from the kids menu ;)

I am up for the challenge! The last time we went was in 2013 and I said $40/meal for the 5 of us. Of course 1 kid ordered from the kids menu, the other went back and forth and the other also went back and forth but had a few allergy aka $$$$ meals. We did it for all counter service minus one when 2 of my kids wanted some orange smoothie thing so that meal was $50.

Also we do not buy drinks in the park (minus the above) and drink water with all our CS meals. My kids know/knew that in advance and were fine with that. They know they can drink all the soda they want on pool days.

So it’s DH and I and we try to split some meals if we can-get a Caesar salad and sandwich and eat half of each. I am trying to talk him into splitting the fajita platter at pecos bills. We will eat at Casey’s twice since we like it and it’s cheap per Disney standards.

Our kids will be 17, 14 and 12 at the time of the trip. The 12 year old will eat off both menus. Heck the 17 year old will too as she thinks she is a bird! Those 2 will gladly eat Mac and cheese cups on 2 pool days so that will save me oodles of money in turn they will make up for it with ice cream or something else-and I already asked them if they wanted to do that and both said yes without hesitation, if they said no, they could get food, I am ok with that too! I would make my son eat it too but he is still allergic to that kind of cheese. Mac and cheese cups won’t fill me up otherwise I’d eat it too.

I do groceries for breakfast (and water) so that saves lots! The $120 is for lunch and dinner only. We will most likely do 2 sit downs, one will be WCC and still trying determine if there will be another one. My kids want chef mickeys but my wallet told them no! It’s fun, but we have done it and I’d like to eat elsewhere and spend half that. Actually we are going to eat at T. rex. So maybe one other place. I will have my sons dairy free butter and will make him a few Rice Krispie treats so he can have those on nights I know the other 2 want crap to eat, other then ice cream.

So yeah I am up for the challenge. That is my goal. I just counted my *free* Disney money and I have just over $1800 and I am sure it will be close to $2000 before we go. That all goes for food, snacks, cups and what little Disney crap we buy....but wait if I don’t eat a few meals I will have quite a few $$$ left and I can get a Dooney ....

Wish us luck!

This is my families 1st Disney trip . Hubby & I have been when we were kids but it's been like 20 years .
Going in Sept 5-14 staying at pop 5 day park pass, memory maker , Disney Dining plan .
$5,357.35 .

Our first trip paying for all kids...last trip for awhile...

9 nights @ POR - 3 kids 2 adults April 2- 11
10 day park hopper w/ water parks
Airfare ($400...most of it was covered by airline miles)
Total about $6,500
This is not including souvenir money - the kids save their own from holidays, birthdays, etc.
We fly Southwest so we'll pack a suitcase with snacks and breakfast items. :)

so far I have a trip with extended family planned...spring break 2018:scared1: 3-4 disney 'adults' (lol) Dolphin for 9 nights using points =$224 (fees)
Airfare on points so =$44.80(fees)
3 ParkTix (bought a few years back with a discount) =$872.00
xxx Approx food costs oop using gift cards xxxxxxxxxxxxx=x$1000x(see below)
Bought those gc at approx 14% discount so actual cost is =$860
parking at airport + petsitting approx =$300
minus a travel credit from my cc -$300

$0. I don't get to go. First missed year in....14 years? We are buying a house, paying off braces and a car, and socking more in savings. BOOO.

I'm rounding it to $5800 for nine days.
We would take the camper. That would be the site at the Fort for nine days in June (2019), 7 park days, oop food (eating out once per day and eating at campsite for breakfast and dinner), campsites on the way there and back, gas, and spending money.
Rounding up for everything, I figured $3000 for the campsite and tickets, $600 for gas, $200 for campsites there and back (will likely be considerably less), $1500 for dining out (CRT was one of our picks), and $200 for groceries for the camper. And money for the BBB for dd and a bit for spending.

Didn't do the dining plan this year. This is our 7th trip and we've always done dining. Might end up regreting but we always end up with TONS of extra meals and snacks and scramble to use them. Gonna try to keep with with what we spend oop to see what it cost or saves us.

Dining would cost us:
$3,674.55 for Quick Service
$5,284.15 for Disney Dining

On our very first trip, we did the dining plan. Once we got home, we figured it all up and discovered that we overpaid.
We calculated it all before our second trip and discovered that even if we each got exactly what we were allotted on the meal plan (which was too much food for us), we would come out ahead paying oop. So we decided to pay oop and order what we wanted. most of the time, we split meals or I would order a kids meal and/or the kids would split an adult entrée, or we would order a combination of two or three plates and share. We came out way ahead that way.
We plan to do that again.
Also, we are big character meal people. Those are a big splurge for us, but we find that if we share meals at qs locations or at ts locations where you order from the menu, we really save money.

$0. I don't get to go. First missed year in....14 years? We are buying a house, paying off braces and a car, and socking more in savings. BOOO.
We don't get to go every year. We do splurge when we go; it is the most expensive vacation our family takes, but we don't get to do it every year. It takes a lot of saving.
You are smart to pay off vehicles and put money away. It's a lot easier to save when you don't owe much.

March 12-17 at Caribbean Beach with 2 day tickets and QS Dining Plan for 5 adults $3782.83
Gas money $300
Food on the road - we've been collecting and saving gift cards and coupons, so VERY little OOP
Hotels on the road $275

I had no plans to visit Disney this year (or do any other vacation, for that matter) because our daughter is getting married this summer. However, my brother had such a great time when our family stayed in a Grand Villa last fall that he booked two Treehouse Villas for F&W for this coming fall. So, we are going to Disney this year!

Airfare will be covered with RR points = $0 + 9/11 fee ($22.40 for 2 RT fares) and EBCKI ($60 for 2 RT fares) = ~$83
Ground Transportation to/from PHL = ~$200 w/tip
Ground Transportation at Disney = $0 (using DME and brother will be renting a car with points)
Tickets = $1191 (DVC Platinum Plus APs for myself and husband, already purchased using Disney GCs but not activated)
TiW card = $150 to be paid for with Disney GCs (brother used his on the previous trip, it's my turn to purchase one)
Food and Beverages = $1200 in Disney and other GCs + $50 cash for groceries and alcohol for the Treehouse

So the totals would be:
Cash = $350
Disney GCs = $2541
Total cost of trip = ~$2900 for two people for 6 nights, although this is deceiving since the APs will be used for 2 or more trips, as will the TiW card.

The RR miles are a carryover from when we were forced to convert our Diners Club points into awards a couple of years ago. The Disney GCs were earned through various rewards programs (mostly SB, Shopkick and Perk) and the cash will come from rewards programs that pay with PayPal (SB, iBotta and EarnHoney) and various CC cashback bonuses (AmEx and Discover IT card). Which means that my actual OOP cost is $0.

I had no plans to visit Disney this year (or do any other vacation, for that matter) because our daughter is getting married this summer. However, my brother had such a great time when our family stayed in a Grand Villa last fall that he booked two Treehouse Villas for F&W for this coming fall. So, we are going to Disney this year!

Airfare will be covered with RR points = $0 + 9/11 fee ($22.40 for 2 RT fares) and EBCKI ($60 for 2 RT fares) = ~$83
Ground Transportation to/from PHL = ~$200 w/tip
Ground Transportation at Disney = $0 (using DME and brother will be renting a car with points)
Tickets = $1191 (DVC Platinum Plus APs for myself and husband, already purchased using Disney GCs but not activated)
TiW card = $150 to be paid for with Disney GCs (brother used his on the previous trip, it's my turn to purchase one)
Food and Beverages = $1200 in Disney and other GCs + $50 cash for groceries and alcohol for the Treehouse

So the totals would be:
Cash = $350
Disney GCs = $2541
Total cost of trip = ~$2900 for two people for 6 nights, although this is deceiving since the APs will be used for 2 or more trips, as will the TiW card.

The RR miles are a carryover from when we were forced to convert our Diners Club points into awards a couple of years ago. The Disney GCs were earned through various rewards programs (mostly SB, Shopkick and Perk) and the cash will come from rewards programs that pay with PayPal (SB, iBotta and EarnHoney) and various CC cashback bonuses (AmEx and Discover IT card). Which means that my actual OOP cost is $0.
:worship::worship::jumping1:

We don't get to go every year. We do splurge when we go; it is the most expensive vacation our family takes, but we don't get to do it every year. It takes a lot of saving.
You are smart to pay off vehicles and put money away. It's a lot easier to save when you don't owe much.

I know...it still sucks being adult sometimes, though :( My savings method is typically a set % of my checks, plus a set % of my overtime. Plus a % of any "found money" - gifts, tax returns, overpayments, etc. All that is going to car and braces. Braces are at 0% interest, so I haven't worried too much about them. But, it will be nice to have that $115 back in my pocket each month!! Car will add another $350. My savings account (for vacation) will grow by $465/month after this year. That is definitely exciting!!

Hell, I would take 1 night - just give me some Florida sun and a Sally Sells Seashells and I would be a happy camper!!

Last edited:
Lets see how much I cry when I total this up. Two room for 2 days at Daytona Beach and food around $1000. Two rooms at AKL for 9 days with meal plan around $16,000. Money for the girls around $2000. And I have to help daughters mother with her gas money say $300. This is why we only go every 3 years or so. Takes awhile to save this up. I don't go in debt for vacations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter